+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Real time it takes to process application for FSW outland ?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
According to CIC the application should take six month to complete. However , Post checking the threads on the forum i noticed a lot of applicants receiving PPR way faster than six month. Is there an average time or a rough estimates from applicants so far ?

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, someone on the forums used spreadsheets to calculate a duration and came up with around 156 days. I don't think there is any consistency though since CIC keeps delaying complicated cases and these never even show up in the sample. Also the 6 month target is not a guarantee but rather a wishful target that hardly comes true in most cases. It amazes me how CIC is asking to wait another month over and over again when people call them after 6 months.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Canadaistheway said:
Well, someone on the forums used spreadsheets to calculate a duration and came up with around 156 days. I don't think there is any consistency though since CIC keeps delaying complicated cases and these never even show up in the sample. Also the 6 month target is not a guarantee but rather a wishful target that hardly comes true in most cases. It amazes me how CIC is asking to wait another month over and over again when people call them after 6 months.

mmmmm...... agree , still 156 days out of a big bulk of applicant is still good. Maybe other cases taking longer are one offs.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Canadaistheway said:
a wishful target that hardly comes true in most cases
Oh come on, that's hardly fair. I understand we're all stressed and it feels like the waiting will never end, but they do process the majority of applications in 6 months. That's why we're getting the "PPR rains" in Sept and Oct threads, even in the small sample that is our forum.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellia said:
Oh come on, that's hardly fair. I understand we're all stressed and it feels like the waiting will never end, but they do process the majority of applications in 6 months. That's why we're getting the "PPR rains" in Sept and Oct threads, even in the small sample that is our forum.
Well, they probably do that for CEC/PNP/inland FSW but hardly for outland FSW. If you take into account the preparation and language test and ECA and ITA it takes almost a year. I mean I started working on my app late March last year, got an ITA in July submitted in Sept and still no news. How does that make anywhere close to six months, lol.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Canadaistheway said:
Well, they probably do that for CEC/PNP/inland FSW but hardly for outland FSW. If you take into account the preparation and language test and ECA and ITA it takes almost a year. I mean I started working on my app late March last year, got an ITA in July submitted in Sept and still no news. How does that make anywhere close to six months, lol.
This is debatable ))

I guess there is no standard timing. it just depends from one case to the other

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
We're talking about time it takes to 'process' the application (not time from start to get documents ready until a final decision is made). No one would argue that it takes more than 6 months from getting all documents prepared until receiving that final decision.

As you submitted in September, if you have not heard anything you should call CIC one day after the 6 month anniversary submission. Just my opinion only.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
sometimes i don't feel everyone updates their status. hence some people would ignore spread sheet after receiving the PPR

shankster87

Nov 16, 2015
@Canadaistheway : Well, the processing time of 6 months is FROM the time of submission of a completed application. Doesn't matter if you started last March or the year before that or yesterday. The 6 month SLA is what they aim to achieve once you have submitted a completed application.

Edit: Technically, since you submitted a completed application in September last year, you are still within the 6 month period.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
We're talking about time it takes to 'process' the application (not time from start to get documents ready until a final decision is made). No one would argue that it takes more than 6 months from getting all documents prepared until receiving that final decision.

As you submitted in September, if you have not heard anything you should call CIC one day after the 6 month anniversary submission. Just my opinion only.
If you are talking about the time to actually process then it is most likely just several days. It's just the delays between milestones that is causing the final processing time to skyrocket. And let's be honest, it is up to CIC to issue your AOR and start the "6 month clock". Therefore the whole process should be taken to get the real processing time. Otherwise it sounds like one of those ads where you have to read the fine prints to fully understand the catch. Anyway, when I was signing up for Canada, I took CIC's word of 6 months processing to sort my priorities. Of course, I didn't put all my eggs in one basket but after such a long wait and 5K in the hole I feel ripped off..lol Governments around the world need to realize that if they really want to get skilled workers they need to have credible systems (which thankfully some do), otherwise they are going to end up with desperate low skilled labor.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Its my fault i should have stated timing from AOR to PPR. I confused everyone with using from ITA to PPR

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Canadaistheway said:
Well, you still aren't six months done from when your application was submitted. I hope you get yours soon, before the six month mark :)

shankster87

Nov 16, 2015
Canadaistheway said:
If you are talking about the time to actually process then it is most likely just several days. It's just the delays between milestones that is causing the final processing time to skyrocket. And let's be honest, it is up to CIC to issue your AOR and start the "6 month clock". Therefore the whole process should be taken to get the real processing time. Otherwise it sounds like one of those ads where you have to read the fine prints to fully understand the catch. Anyway, when I was signing up for Canada, I took CIC's word of 6 months processing to sort my priorities. Of course, I didn't put all my eggs in one basket but after such a long wait and 5K in the hole I feel ripped off..lol Governments around the world need to realize that if they really want to get skilled workers they need to have credible systems (which thankfully some do), otherwise they are going to end up with desperate low skilled labor.
Wait, what? How do you expect CIC to give you a timeline when they absolutely have no idea how much of the required documentation you already have or don't have or if you are even qualified when you started or "thought" about starting the process? And, "...most likely just several days..." doesn't sound at all like a substantiated claim. Not even sure how you came up with that. The website clearly says the 6 month clock starts "Once you have submitted a complete application package." The only timeline they have under full control is from when you submit a completed application. Only at that point is the ball in their court. I don't know if they had a precise timeline to give back when you started the process because the whole Express Entry program had just begun and the sample set was too small to even sample or look at patterns. If you took the 6 month timeline as your bible to set your priorities, I am sorry to say but that's completely on you. You have to give credit where credit is due. The CIC website is an excellent source of excellent information and in my experience so far, I think CIC is doing an excellent job with the Express Entry program. I especially think the CIC website does a superb job at not having "hidden fine print". Do I wish a few changes like them accepting PCC from FBI approved third parties? Sure as hell, I do! But, again, credits where credits are due.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shankster87 said:
Wait, what? How do you expect CIC to give you a timeline when they absolutely have no idea how much of the required documentation you already have or don't have or if you are even qualified when you started or "thought" about starting the process? And, "...most likely just several days..." doesn't sound at all like a substantiated claim. Not even sure how you came up with that. The website clearly says the 6 month clock starts "Once you have submitted a complete application package." The only timeline they have under full control is from when you submit a completed application. Only at that point is the ball in their court. I don't know if they had a precise timeline to give back when you started the process because the whole Express Entry program had just begun and the sample set was too small to even sample or look at patterns. If you took the 6 month timeline as your bible to set your priorities, I am sorry to say but that's completely on you. You have to give credit where credit is due. The CIC website is an excellent source of excellent information and in my experience so far, I think CIC is doing an excellent job with the Express Entry program. I especially think the CIC website does a superb job at not having "hidden fine print". Do I wish a few changes like them accepting PCC from FBI approved third parties? Sure as hell, I do! But, again, credits where credits are due.
Thanks for the detailed post. Ok, let's go one by one here:

1. I expect them to give a timeline because the application process is more about them managing their bottlenecks than me collecting documents and preparing my application.

2. I know that there are huge voids between any movements during the processing because I have seen quite a few GCMS notes (for which I give a huge credit to the Canadian government by the way. Not every government has the guts to deal which such level of exposure.)

3. 6 months from submitting a "complete application package" is a very debatable language, which we have seen to be exploited in some cases with applications being rejected as incomplete after 3-4 months of wait. So you never actually know with confidence that the ball is in their court.

4. I know this was a new program and that there was a certain risk involved. I just hoped their intent was going to be to make it work at all costs. And I hoped that whatever mistakes happen were going to be out of their control and they would do their best to make it up. Now after listening to remarks and not seeing significant movement in the months of November and December as well as some ironic rejections I am not as confident in their intent any more.

5. I am not taking anything as a bible (except for the actual bible..lol). Promises are promises and when someone makes a claim you expect them to keep at a certain confidence level. It is better to promise less and over perform than promise the world and underperform.

6. I do give credit to their immigration program as intended as well as to certain aspects of the process (including GCMS notes, CSE, and now extinct ECAS). Some processes really suck though (like no call center updates before 6 months, the whole mycic, which gets updated when it is too late and their non-compliance to their declared processes). I don't blame them for the FBI thing though cuz its the US who screws it up here. I mean what country issues a police certificate for 4 strait months..lol?

Thanks again for the discussion

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Canadaistheway said:
Thanks for the detailed post. Ok, let's go one by one here:

1. I expect them to give a timeline because the application process is more about them managing their bottlenecks than me collecting documents and preparing my application.

2. I know that there are huge voids between any movements during the processing because I have seen quite a few GCMS notes (for which I give a huge credit to the Canadian government by the way. Not every government has the guts to deal which such level of exposure.)

3. 6 months from submitting a "complete application package" is a very debatable language, which we have seen to be exploited in some cases with applications being rejected as incomplete after 3-4 months of wait. So you never actually know with confidence that the ball is in their court.

4. I know this was a new program and that there was a certain risk involved. I just hoped their intent was going to be to make it work at all costs. And I hoped that whatever mistakes happen were going to be out of their control and they would do their best to make it up. Now after listening to remarks and not seeing significant movement in the months of November and December as well as some ironic rejections I am not as confident in their intent any more.

5. I am not taking anything as a bible (except for the actual bible..lol). Promises are promises and when someone makes a claim you expect them to keep at a certain confidence level. It is better to promise less and over perform than promise the world and underperform.

6. I do give credit to their immigration program as intended as well as to certain aspects of the process (including GCMS notes, CSE, and now extinct ECAS). Some processes really suck though (like no call center updates before 6 months, the whole mycic, which gets updated when it is too late and their non-compliance to their declared processes). I don't blame them for the FBI thing though cuz its the US who screws it up here. I mean what country issues a police certificate for 4 strait months..lol?

Thanks again for the discussion
Yeah , Agree documentation is a pain which delays the application significantly but assuming you submit their full requirements ; it would take less than 6 month from the period of submission