+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready for visa

fissler

Mar 16, 2018
Over 6 months of waiting after submitting all the necessary documentations online, I finally heard back from ICC in an email.

The email is basically asking me and my partner to provide recent photos and a photocopy of passport (as we are from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada) to the local visa office. In our case, it's in Sydney, Australia.

After handing them into the visa office, we were told the processing time can be anything between 3 days and 3 months. It's a very big range. Has anyone got any experience dealing this with the Sydney visa office or anyone that's also from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada?

I'd like to understand how long it could take so I can plan things ahead.

Anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fissler

Mar 16, 2018
It will typically be a month some have gotten back the documents in as little as 2 days. It usually depends on how busy the visa office is. Once you submitted the required items your file is placed in a queue and is processed as soon as it gets to the front.
Thanks

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Over 6 months of waiting after submitting all the necessary documentations online, I finally heard back from ICC in an email.

The email is basically asking me and my partner to provide recent photos and a photocopy of passport (as we are from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada) to the local visa office. In our case, it's in Sydney, Australia.

After handing them into the visa office, we were told the processing time can be anything between 3 days and 3 months. It's a very big range. Has anyone got any experience dealing this with the Sydney visa office or anyone that's also from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada?

I'd like to understand how long it could take so I can plan things ahead.

Anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I don't think it takes longer than 4 weeks from posts I've read. Search this forum and read about how long it took others to get their COPR.

fissler

Mar 16, 2018
I don't think it takes longer than 4 weeks from posts I've read. Search this forum and read about how long it took others to get their COPR.
Thanks Tobs. Yeah I think your answer is very much aligned with the answers I have found in this forum