+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready for visa

useurhead

Mar 16, 2017
Hello guys,

After couple of months of waiting I have finally received ready for visa email. However, I see only my UCI listed in the email and not my dependent's. She hasn't received any email from CIC either. Would she be getting a separate email or should I assume this is for both of us?

Also, the status on my cic profile hasn't changed to reflect the email I have received. Does it take some time to change status?

Thank you in advance!

Karthik

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hello guys,

After couple of months of waiting I have finally received ready for visa email. However, I see only my UCI listed in the email and not my dependent's. She hasn't received any email from CIC either. Would she be getting a separate email or should I assume this is for both of us?

Also, the status on my cic profile hasn't changed to reflect the email I have received. Does it take some time to change status?

Thank you in advance!

Karthik
only PA UCI is mentioned on the email.. you should send PA and dependents passport .. no status change until visa goes to printing and approved.. ( 2-3 weeks after you send the passport)

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

Thank you in advance!

Karthik
Read the email carefully. All of your questions will be answered.

Reactions: HKSac

useurhead

Mar 16, 2017
Congrats. May i ask about your timeline? Thanks.
Aug 2, 2017 - Submitted my application and received AoR
Week of Aug 6th. 2017 - Medical passed

I did not notice IP1 stage or NA stage like many have talked about.

Week of Sept 3rd. 2017 - Notice a change in background status to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Sept 25, 2017 - Updated my new address
Oct 2, 2017 - Got email from CIC saying my request has been forwarded to the responsible office
Oct 13, 2017 - Got the "ready for visa" email

sarasing555

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you! :)
We also recevied Visa for Ready email only for Primary application.

But as per VFS site "For families, please do not submit passports for family members until a passport request letter issued by IRCC has been received specifically for that individual. "

Can someone please confirm if VFS accepts dependent passports on the Primary applicant email ? if no, what should we do now ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We also recevied Visa for Ready email only for Primary application.

But as per VFS site "For families, please do not submit passports for family members until a passport request letter issued by IRCC has been received specifically for that individual. "

Can someone please confirm if VFS accepts dependent passports on the Primary applicant email ? if no, what should we do now ?
Just follow the instructions. It says you will get specific requests for the dependents to submit their passports. Is your spouse in Canada?