+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Ready For Visa - Prêt Pour Visa"

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Hi,

I applied through Express Entry and I got this email on Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 8:01 AM from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca :

Date: October 23, 2015

My Name
My Address
My UCI:
My Application:

My Email:

***** Please review your mailing address above and advise us of any updates. *****

Dear X,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email and include the details of your situation.

STEP 1: CHANGES IN YOUR APPLICATION

Has your family composition or personal circumstances changed? Changes include:

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation or death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If any of these conditions apply, you are required to inform our office immediately. If available, please include in your email the evidence that supports the change and send it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

STEP 2: PASSPORTS AND PHOTOS

1. Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at {sorry couldn't post links}
Visa Required
Visa Exempt
2. Passport(s)
· For you and for each accompanying family member
· Passports must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages
· If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child

Citizens of visa-required countries who are permanent residents of the US are still required to submit their original passport(s).
2. A PHOTOCOPY of your passport(s)
· One photocopy for you and one for each accompanying family member.
· Photo page only & amendment pages, if any
· Passports must be valid for at least 6 months

DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S)
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member
See our specifications at {sorry couldn't post links}
Please note that Confirmations of Permanent Residence and visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS FROM CANADA OR THE US

If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please disregard the following instructions and contact CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office.

1. Gather the following documents:

· Passport(s) OR passport photocopy(ies)

· Photos (2 per person)

· One copy of this letter

· One self-addressed envelope* with your complete mailing address for us to return your passport(s) and Confirmation(s) of Permanent Residence

· One envelope* addressed to our office to send your package

*Please refer to the instructions in the table below.

Incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail.

2. Submit all documents by mail in a single package:

· Enclose your passport(s) or passport photocopy(ies), photos, copy of this letter and folded self-addressed envelope in the envelope with our mailing address;

· Send your correspondence in accordance with the instructions that are specific to the country where you have a mailing address:

If you have a mailing address in Canada
If you have a mailing address in the US
3. You must purchase two prepaid Xpresspost envelopes, one self-addressed and one addressed to our office.

4. Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.

5. Send your package by Canada Post to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9
3. If you are sending passport(s): You must send us a self-addressed prepaid envelope from a courier that operates from Canada to the United States.

If you are NOT sending passport(s): You can send us your documents by regular mail.

4. Send your package to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
We do not return passports by regular mail.

If you are residing in the United States, we invite you to call toll free at 1-844-893-8222 or visit the website {sorry couldnt post links} where you will find a list of pre-departure services provided by S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP).

--------------------------------------------

Now, after reading this email, I am concerned about whether this is legitimate or not?

Also, I emailed them stating that I am applying from outside Canada and/or USA and I need instructions. However, I have not heard back from them and it has been 1 week. Now I am worried because I need to meet the 30 day deadline to get the PR Visa.

Did anyone else go through this process? If so, would appreciate the timeline from here on and what steps to take to ensure that my VISA is processed without any complications.

Thanks from beforehand.
(So Anxious about this)

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! That's the PPR!! why are you worried?? This means that your application has been approved and they just want to stamp the passports now - the final step..
What is your timeline? Country?

I have noted that they usually take 7-10 days to reply with the local VO... maybe even longer in some cases.. not sure because I have to still go through it myself...

But this is the dream email we are all waiting for.. so you should be ready to celebrate soon inshaAllah...

Just wait for them to send the email with instructions for the local VO, and thats it..

adam ontario

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations for that ! you almost there.

For instructions, your best bet, is to contact your local visa office in your country, and they might be able to issue you a visa, if not, you have to send your passport to Ottawa as described in their e-mail.

Can you share your timeline with us, please?

Thanks and congrats again !
A.

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Hi EFK for your prompt response,

My timeline:

Submitted to Get into Pool: March 30, 2015
Accepted to Pool: April 08, 2015
ITA - Invitation to Apply: April 10, 2015
Application submitted online on MyCIC: June 5, 2015
Email from CPC/ PPR- Passport Request Email: October 24, 2015

Country applying from: Bangladesh

Thanks for your kind words, but until I actually have the VISA stamped on my passport, I am not going to celebrate.

I emailed them, but there has been no response and so I am worried as the email mentioned some 30 day deadline.

I talked with the local VFS Office and they told me that they need the confirmation email's printout to state specifically that CIC has asked for my passport to be sent to the Singapore Office (which is the usual local Visa Office for Bangladeshis).

Now, this wait is killing me really!

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Hi,

I am also confused since my MYCIC Platform did not show any changes.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final. asp

my MYCIC profile is supposed to show change, however that hasn't happened.

Until I actually get a letter in the MyCIC system, nothing is certain.

Would love to hear from anyone who has gone through this same process.

Thanks

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's your PPR. If you're outside Canada you now need to request to change to your local visa office who'll send you another PPR fr them. Once you send in the passport & pics your PR will be approved & you get your COPR and can land. MYCIC doesn't change until it gets approved. Stop worrying and just do it or you'll run out of time.

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Congrats Rifat Vai! :) :)

I am from Bangladesh too!
You can make a call to VO in Singapore and ask if you can send passport with your current ppr. It may save time in case.

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Hi,

I already replied to the email the day I got it - just waiting for them to get back to me.

I guess I will also call Singapore VO to know if they can help me or not. I would also contact the local VAC in Dhaka to see if they can already start processing my application with the email I got.

Thanks to you guys for the supportive comments.

Marketing Boy

Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
File Transfer...
02-03-2015
Med's Request
30-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
LANDED..........
Jan'16 (Tentative)
Rifat Mahmud said:
Hi,

I applied through Express Entry and I got this email on Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 8:01 AM from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca :

My Name
My Address
My UCI:
My Application:

My Email:

***** Please review your mailing address above and advise us of any updates. *****

Dear X,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email and include the details of your situation.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation or death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If any of these conditions apply, you are required to inform our office immediately. If available, please include in your email the evidence that supports the change and send it to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

1. Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at {sorry couldn't post links}
Visa Required
Visa Exempt
2. Passport(s)
· Passports must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages
· If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child

Citizens of visa-required countries who are permanent residents of the US are still required to submit their original passport(s).

Please note that Confirmations of Permanent Residence and visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.

If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please disregard the following instructions and contact CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office.

· Photos (2 per person)

· One self-addressed envelope* with your complete mailing address for us to return your passport(s) and Confirmation(s) of Permanent Residence

Incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail.

· Enclose your passport(s) or passport photocopy(ies), photos, copy of this letter and folded self-addressed envelope in the envelope with our mailing address;

· Send your correspondence in accordance with the instructions that are specific to the country where you have a mailing address:

3. You must purchase two prepaid Xpresspost envelopes, one self-addressed and one addressed to our office.

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9
3. If you are sending passport(s): You must send us a self-addressed prepaid envelope from a courier that operates from Canada to the United States.

If you are NOT sending passport(s): You can send us your documents by regular mail.

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

If you are residing in the United States, we invite you to call toll free at 1-844-893-8222 or visit the website {sorry couldnt post links} where you will find a list of pre-departure services provided by S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Active Engagement and Integration Project (AEIP).

Now, after reading this email, I am concerned about whether this is legitimate or not?

Also, I emailed them stating that I am applying from outside Canada and/or USA and I need instructions. However, I have not heard back from them and it has been 1 week. Now I am worried because I need to meet the 30 day deadline to get the PR Visa.

Did anyone else go through this process? If so, would appreciate the timeline from here on and what steps to take to ensure that my VISA is processed without any complications.

Thanks from beforehand.
(So Anxious about this)
Congratulations.

sselim

Jul 30, 2015
Rifat Mahmud said:
Hi,

My Name
My Address
My UCI:
My Application:

My Email:

Dear X,

Visa Required
Visa Exempt
2. Passport(s)

· Photos (2 per person)

CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Thanks from beforehand.
(So Anxious about this)
Congratulations Rifat!

Don't worry, I had the same exact situation. I received the email and I was applying from Egypt. Thus, when I emailed CPC Ottawa as indicated, I waited more than 14 days before receiving a new letter inside my CIC account with the local visa office where I can submit the requested documents.

Usually, the new letter for the local VO gives you a separate 30 days deadline from the date of receiving the letter. So don't worry, you will get it eventually.

Goodluck.

Rifat Mahmud

Oct 31, 2015
Hi SSELIM,

Your email really helps me feel less anxious since you have first hand experience of this.

In order to be proactive, I actually went to the VAC in my city-Dhaka, Bangladesh (VFS Global manages it for Canada) today and showed a print out of my letter to them. They had a look at it and they told me to write an email to the sender and ask for Schedule-C (or was it A? - not sure). They also told me that if I do not get a reply in the next three days, I could just use the letter I got to send my Passport with a declaration.

However, now after reading your email, I feel more relaxed. Thanks a bunch really! :)

Will wait for another week for MyCIC account to be updated.

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
Rifat Mahmud said:
Hi EFK for your prompt response,

My timeline:

Submitted to Get into Pool: March 30, 2015
Accepted to Pool: April 08, 2015
ITA - Invitation to Apply: April 10, 2015
Application submitted online on MyCIC: June 5, 2015
Email from CPC/ PPR- Passport Request Email: October 24, 2015

Country applying from: Bangladesh

Thanks for your kind words, but until I actually have the VISA stamped on my passport, I am not going to celebrate.

I emailed them, but there has been no response and so I am worried as the email mentioned some 30 day deadline.

I talked with the local VFS Office and they told me that they need the confirmation email's printout to state specifically that CIC has asked for my passport to be sent to the Singapore Office (which is the usual local Visa Office for Bangladeshis).

Now, this wait is killing me really!

hi Rifat share me your detail Timeline. You jumped from June -October ::)

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
Rifat can you tell me , when did you get the letter to pay RPRF and when did you submit RPRF and how long it took to get PPR from the date of RPRF payment.

I will compare with mine. thanks in advance :)

Ektachadha

Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

I also have a similar concern. I am from india and i have no clue where to send my passport for stamping.

I received the same mail last week and have emailed CIC but they havent not gotten back with a revert.

Help please

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.