+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reactivating PR

U.SMan

Jan 9, 2019
Hi there,

So my family and I Immigrated to canadaback in 2002 but after couple months came back to United States as our Green card for the USA was also approved. During that time we were holding Indian passports and I was 14 at the time (32 age now) . From the forums I have been reading it seems my permanent residency is still valid as it hasnt been revoked or atleast I havent been informed of any revokement. I have driven and flown a few times to Canada from the USA but never on my PR card and stayed no more than a few days. I had always used my Greencard and since 2010 my US passport for entry into Canada..
My citizenship has changed which is not reflected on my canadian PR card.

From the posts i read I can drive over to Canada on my U.S passport and renew my SIN card and such, but wouldnt I be considered as overstaying my VISA , as I would enter with my US Passport and not as canadian resident? Also it's not possible for me to stay in Canada for 2 or so years before reapplying for PR Renewal as I have wife and 2 kids who do not have any Canadian residency, they are US Citizens.

Can my residency count if I live and work for a canadian company?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your only option would be to move to Canada without being reported and then stay for 2 years. You also could look at renouncing your PR and applying for your whole family if you qualify. Unclear as to why you want to move to Canada.

Reactions: scylla

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Can my residency count if I live and work for a canadian company?
Do you work for a Canadian company in the US now? Did they hire you while you were working in Canada and temporarily relocate you or did they hire you in the US?

Reactions: scylla