+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-submitting Sponsorship application

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi
Can any one please clarify on how resubmitting a returned Family class sponsorship application.

Sponsorship application sent on " March 26-2020
Application rceived on : Aug 18-2020 (after 5 months)
Application returned on : Dec 4th-2020
Resubmitted the application with the missing document: Dec-6th, 2020

I have resubmitted the application simply by attaching the missing document (Birthcertificate of spouse) with an explanation letter but kept all the documents and fee receipit as it is.
Is it correct way to resubmit the application , or I have fill all the forms freshly again and submit?

(I wish CIC have online application for Sponsorship application so that human errors would be minimized drastically and also sav lots of processing time)

Thanks,

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
I doubt some forms have been updated. You'd better check the CIC website to confirm.
Even if no form have been updated the signing date and signature on those form is over 5 month old minimum, I believe it best to resubmit form with updated signatures and date, on note i don't know the exact policy on return file so u may be fine are not.

Reactions: ravib4upu

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi
Can any one please clarify on how resubmitting a returned Family class sponsorship application.

Sponsorship application sent on " March 26-2020
Application rceived on : Aug 18-2020 (after 5 months)
Application returned on : Dec 4th-2020
Resubmitted the application with the missing document: Dec-6th, 2020

I have resubmitted the application simply by attaching the missing document (Birthcertificate of spouse) with an explanation letter but kept all the documents and fee receipit as it is.
Is it correct way to resubmit the application , or I have fill all the forms freshly again and submit?

(I wish CIC have online application for Sponsorship application so that human errors would be minimized drastically and also sav lots of processing time)

Thanks,
Did you receive a cover letter from the IRCC with a checkbox list of missing items? If so - and it was only the missing birth certificate indicated on the checklist - you're likely fine.

It is also a good idea to include a copy of that IRCC checklist with a note explaining you've now included the missing document. This helps reduce the chances of the application being returned again for another issue (I did this very thing and later the IRCC sent me an email explaining the first checklist should have also included a birth certificate of my non-accompanying daughter, and that I could upload it to them. Had I not done this they surely would have sent the application back a second time.

Reactions: ravib4upu

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Did you receive a cover letter from the IRCC with a checkbox list of missing items? If so - and it was only the missing birth certificate indicated on the checklist - you're likely fine.

It is also a good idea to include a copy of that IRCC checklist with a note explaining you've now included the missing document. This helps reduce the chances of the application being returned again for another issue (I did this very thing and later the IRCC sent me an email explaining the first checklist should have also included a birth certificate of my non-accompanying daughter, and that I could upload it to them. Had I not done this they surely would have sent the application back a second time.
Yes I Have received a cover letter highlighting the missing documnet " Birth vertificate". I have included this and mentioned in the cover letter.
But used the same old application package and documents.
It doesn't make sense to have new forms since the officer had reviewed the application and found the missing document. If I sent new forms again just for the sake of the signatures ,they have to reexamine the whole application again.

They haven't mention any where in the IRCC letter about new forms.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Yes I Have received a cover letter highlighting the missing documnet " Birth vertificate". I have included this and mentioned in the cover letter.
But used the same old application package and documents.
It doesn't make sense to have new forms since the officer had reviewed the application and found the missing document. If I sent new forms again just for the sake of the signatures ,they have to reexamine the whole application again.

They haven't mention any where in the IRCC letter about new forms.
They will reexamine the whole application anyway, lots of applicants get theirs back multiple times for mistakes, since they often stop their examination after finding the first one.

ravib4upu

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
They will reexamine the whole application anyway, lots of applicants get theirs back multiple times for mistakes, since they often stop their examination after finding the first one.
Thanks,
Hope they don't return the applocation. Its been 8months since I sent the applocation fist time. If I have apply again, it will take one more year. Can't wait to live join the family.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Thanks,
Hope they don't return the applocation. Its been 8months since I sent the applocation fist time. If I have apply again, it will take one more year. Can't wait to live join the family.
All the best for you, I know its hard.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
In my case at least, your assessment here isn't accurate. I sent my application the first time in mid-February and it was returned to me a few weeks later for a missing fee (related to my non-accompanying daughter). They included a checklist form with only one box checked indicating the missing fee. I paid the fee and returned the application EXACTLY as they returned it to me (completely unstapled and all paper clips removed - it was just an organized stack of paper). I included a copy of the checkbox form they sent with the returned application with a note written directly on it, saying I've paid the fee and included the receipt. This made me a March 12th applicant now.

Then the country shut down on the 13th. And we all waited. And waited...

On November 13th I got an email from IRCC saying there were further missing documents, and that these missing docs should have been indicated on the original checklist they sent back with my originally-rejected application. Here's a snippet of that email:

"The application you submitted does not meet the requirements for processing as there are documents and/or forms missing. Due to an administrative error, these items were not identified on the first rejection letter sent to your attention. In lieu of returning your application as incomplete, we will retain your application until such a time that you provide these documents. The application received date will be date on which your application was re-submitted to our office following the first rejection."

There was a link in the email to upload the missing document. Shortly after uploading the missing doc I was able to link my application.

The OP of this thread included a copy of the IRCC checklist - and I believe this is vitally important! I'm pretty certain they would not return the application a second time for a missing doc or signature.

To ravib4upu: You should be fine from here on out - very unlikely your app will be rejected/returned for a missing doc.

Reactions: Feefee28

bian07

May 19, 2017
In my case at least, your assessment here isn't accurate. I sent my application the first time in mid-February and it was returned to me a few weeks later for a missing fee (related to my non-accompanying daughter). They included a checklist form with only one box checked indicating the missing fee. I paid the fee and returned the application EXACTLY as they returned it to me (completely unstapled and all paper clips removed - it was just an organized stack of paper). I included a copy of the checkbox form they sent with the returned application with a note written directly on it, saying I've paid the fee and included the receipt. This made me a March 12th applicant now.

Then the country shut down on the 13th. And we all waited. And waited...

On November 13th I got an email from IRCC saying there were further missing documents, and that these missing docs should have been indicated on the original checklist they sent back with my originally-rejected application. Here's a snippet of that email:

"The application you submitted does not meet the requirements for processing as there are documents and/or forms missing. Due to an administrative error, these items were not identified on the first rejection letter sent to your attention. In lieu of returning your application as incomplete, we will retain your application until such a time that you provide these documents. The application received date will be date on which your application was re-submitted to our office following the first rejection."

There was a link in the email to upload the missing document. Shortly after uploading the missing doc I was able to link my application.

The OP of this thread included a copy of the IRCC checklist - and I believe this is vitally important! I'm pretty certain they would not return the application a second time for a missing doc or signature.

To ravib4upu: You should be fine from here on out - very unlikely your app will be rejected/returned for a missing doc.
Well you got lucky then, lots of people got it returned again. You can never really predict what will happen, they might accept it, they might return it. Nobody can say for sure that op is clear or not, they might get lucky too. Fact is that they will still reassess the application for completeness.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
Our March application got returned in October. I called ircc and was told that forms needed to be resigned and redone to reflect appropriate signing date. Also, we had to get new passport photos and have a new FBI identity history done as those are only valid 6 months and would be out of date when they recieved our package again. Also, there are a couple forms that have been updated since March. I would have to check to see which ones exactly, but I believe there were 2 forms.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
5406 and 0008 have been updated. Also, the fee went up $10 since we submitted our first application. So we had to pay the additional fees and add that receipt to the package

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Well you got lucky then, lots of people got it returned again. You can never really predict what will happen, they might accept it, they might return it. Nobody can say for sure that op is clear or not, they might get lucky too. Fact is that they will still reassess the application for completeness.
I guess it really depends on who opens your application up each time you (re)submit it.

Hopefully the OP is done with the returned application game.

TootToot

Mar 10, 2020
Wow, I cannot imagine the inconvenience in both time and cost when an application is returned. Thankfully, this did not happen in the case of my application to sponsor my husband. I took 2 months to gather all the documents, proof, and look everything over carefully 100 times. It's just better to be safe than to be sorry. Despite the urge to send the applications, it's always best to slow down and take your time. It's human to miss things, but this is too important and time consuming a process to miss any detail. Best of luck with all of your applications.