+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: Residence Questionnaire guide

HAZAR

Nov 10, 2010
Hi Experts

I received RQ (CIT 0171 (10-2013)) 4 months after I submitted the citizenship application .Is there any guide showing how to fill out the RQ?

I have some query about the following questions
Question 10:
If one of my family member have lived in one country and moved to another country during my relevant period ( 4 years ) . Do I need to mention both countries and period? like the history

Question 11:
My husband was living in another country for only one year during my relevant period before he return to Canada , what I should write in this question? or this question asking if any of my family member are still reside or keeping residency status in another country ?

Question 16:
My husband did several job /work during the relevant period ,Do I need to mention all his employment history during that period inside and out side Canada? or only the current working status in Canada?

Kindly help me to clarify the above question from the best of your experience

Thanks

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/resources-for-rq-recipients/resources-for-rq-recipients/

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hazar, if you could please include the actual text of the questions, rather than just the number, it would make it easier for people to help you and you will get more and better advice. The exact text is important when you are seeking detail-oriented advice.

If you include the text of the questions, I will do my best to answer.

HAZAR

Nov 10, 2010
Thank you Eileenf

Here are the questions text :
Q 10: Where have all of your family members (e.g. spouse, common-law partner, children, mother, father, brothers and sisters) lived during your relevant period?

If one of my family member have lived in one country then moved to another country during my relevant period ( 4 years ) . Do I need to mention both countries and period? like the history

Q 11:During your relevant period, for each family member of your immediate family (e.g. spouse ,....children) provide legal citizenship/immigration status in the country the reside. Please include status in Canada ( if no status, include NA.

My husband was living in another country for only one year during my relevant period before he return to Canada , what I should write in this question? or this question asking if any of my family member are still reside or keeping residency status in another country ?

Q 16: If your spouse or common-law partner or children are living in Canada, are they working? Please give details, if they ware unemployed, retired, homemaker, etc, please indicate this under Work and indicate the time period

My husband did several job /work during the relevant period ,Do I need to mention all his employment history during that period inside and out side Canada? or only the current working status in Canada?

Please advice

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
HAZAR said:
Thank you Eileenf

Here are the questions text :
Q 10: Where have all of your family members (e.g. spouse, common-law partner, children, mother, father, brothers and sisters) lived during your relevant period?

If one of my family member have lived in one country then moved to another country during my relevant period ( 4 years ) . Do I need to mention both countries and period? like the history

Q 11:During your relevant period, for each family member of your immediate family (e.g. spouse ,....children) provide legal citizenship/immigration status in the country the reside. Please include status in Canada ( if no status, include NA.

Q 16: If your spouse or common-law partner or children are living in Canada, are they working? Please give details, if they ware unemployed, retired, homemaker, etc, please indicate this under Work and indicate the time period

Please advice
Yes, yes and yes

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAZAR said:
Yes. Mention everywhere they lived during relevant period. For me personally, my husband (who is Cdn citizen) worked in US for a 4 month contract during my relevant period. So I wrote something like this:
2-2006 to 4-2007, Husband, City, Province, Canada
5-2007 to 9-2007, Husband, City, State, USA
10-2007 to 2-2010, Husband, City, Province, Canada
etc.
HAZAR said:
It's asking where they resided during relevant period and what their status was there.
I personally wrote:
2-2006 to 4-2007, Husband, Canada, citizen
5-2007 to 9-2007, Husband, USA, citizen
10-2007 to 2-2010 (or present day, if you prefer to add more info), Husband, Canada, citizen
HAZAR said:
List the information for the whole 4 year period and all employment, non-employment, volunteer work, homemaking, etc. Remember, for family members who are not included on your citizenship application (I'm not sure if you made an individual application or a family application), the information is used to give a fuller picture of your situation and ties in Canada. It's not the most important info on the RQ. Your citizenship will be granted (or denied) based on whether you met the residence and language, etc qualification for citizenship, not on your family-members' employment history.

So, as with all questions, be honest, direct and as concise as possible.

Good luck!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
HAZAR said:
Thanks , but would you please give some details or discuss your advice to be more convinced to all
What other details can I provide? The questions are fairly straightforward and self explanatory.

Q10: It is asking you where your family members have lived. Naturally, you should write all the details, including past and present countries

Q11: It is asking what the status of each family member was. Naturally, you should write what your husband's status was wherever he was working

Q16: It is asking what your spouse/children were doing, and specifies "working". Naturally you should write what your husband was doing, where he was working (inside Canada or out).

These questions should not be overcomplicated.

HAZAR

Nov 10, 2010
One small point regarding question 11, where is no start and end date ( From - To) for status outside Canada , this mean i will enter the status start date only!!

any comment on this point?

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Even if we visited USA for 1 days 10 times , do we have to mention 10 times for each family member

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi Guys,
For Q10, do I need to give details of my sisters, brothers and parents as well. they are not in the application and do not reside/resided with me. please help.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
skhan123 said:
Hi Guys,
For Q10, do I need to give details of my sisters, brothers and parents as well. they are not in the application and do not reside/resided with me. please help.
Ooopss.. I did not pay attention to this question and had just mentioned about my spouse and child. I guess we need to provide this info.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
Hi Guys,
It helps to quote the actual question, but since it's in an above post, I've excerpted it for you: "Q 10: Where have all of your family members (e.g. spouse, common-law partner, children, mother, father, brothers and sisters) lived during your relevant period?"

This is about providing context for CIC. It's general information about you. There's nothing wrong with having family members living wherever in the world.

You need to follow the explicitly stated directions. The question explicitly mentions all of your family, and then tells you who, including: mother, father, brothers and sisters.

It does not say to only give info on those included in the application. It doesn't matter whether they're in the application or not, you need to give this info and if you really don't want to you should speak with a lawyer who can advise you.
Unless your brother is Osama bin Laden and your sister is Typhoid Mary, giving the info will not hurt you.

As Dpenabill states on the other forum: Follow the directions. When you're not sure if you should follow the directions, follow the directions.