+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re:Re: Do not come to Canada

countryheart

Nov 11, 2013
Re: Do not come to Canada

I agree and disagree with it.

First – if you don’t like it and you want complain about stuff go back home. Nobody like this attitude. This what I heard from somebody when I complain about Canada or USA. This is true – nobody told you to come here, and this is not a jail you are free and you can decide if you like to stay or go back home. We all are immigrants and we have to follow the rules and culture of the country where we are, because we are a guests and nobody likes if someone makes own rules in our home right?

Canada and USA are different countries so you can’t put them in the same bowl. So they have different law, culture, prices, rules etc. And they want to protect own economy and culture. So don’t be surprise that they want accept your degree or experience from other country. You got different education maybe better maybe worst. Is not fair but think about Canada or USA citizens – they paid a lot of money for education where you could get cheaper or free education. So they put you on the basket without any experience or degree, and is your decision if you proof them about what you got. For Example in Canada is possible that you translate your diploma or degree to Canadian recognition then maybe you need to take some extra classes to extend your degree from your country.

They do that to protect own economy!

Prices and taxes of course you will get more taxes and bigger prices in Canada why? How many people leave and pay taxes in Canada and how many people pay taxes and buy product in USA? Less people bigger prices more people less prices. This is logical.

Work – who come to different country and don’t have job lined up? Or don’t have any idea about the culture, the economy, expectation etc. who is that stupid?

Before you come to different country do your home work, read forums, history, etc. those days is everything in the internet for free so use it. But do not read one forum read different one because different people see different colors about different country, and I am sure you will find middle. And remember always grass is greener on the other side.

I like both country Canada and USA but close to me is USA, I felt better there then in Canada. I agree is cheaper there but no free medical insurance and I could find a lot of positive and negative things about both countries so choose where you feel better. You always find stupid people or rules that make your day/life miserable. SO don’t say No to Canada or USA just choose where you feel good that’s more important.

If you don't like it go somewhere else how simple is that?

Target2013

Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 Apr 2014...
countryheart said:

I agree and disagree with it.

First – if you don't like it and you want complain about stuff go back home. Nobody like this attitude. This what I heard from somebody when I complain about Canada or USA. This is true – nobody told you to come here, and this is not a jail you are free and you can decide if you like to stay or go back home. We all are immigrants and we have to follow the rules and culture of the country where we are, because we are a guests and nobody likes if someone makes own rules in our home right?

Canada and USA are different countries so you can't put them in the same bowl. So they have different law, culture, prices, rules etc. And they want to protect own economy and culture. So don't be surprise that they want accept your degree or experience from other country. You got different education maybe better maybe worst. Is not fair but think about Canada or USA citizens – they paid a lot of money for education where you could get cheaper or free education. So they put you on the basket without any experience or degree, and is your decision if you proof them about what you got. For Example in Canada is possible that you translate your diploma or degree to Canadian recognition then maybe you need to take some extra classes to extend your degree from your country.

They do that to protect own economy!

Prices and taxes of course you will get more taxes and bigger prices in Canada why? How many people leave and pay taxes in Canada and how many people pay taxes and buy product in USA? Less people bigger prices more people less prices. This is logical.

Work – who come to different country and don't have job lined up? Or don't have any idea about the culture, the economy, expectation etc. who is that stupid?

Before you come to different country do your home work, read forums, history, etc. those days is everything in the internet for free so use it. But do not read one forum read different one because different people see different colors about different country, and I am sure you will find middle. And remember always grass is greener on the other side.

I like both country Canada and USA but close to me is USA, I felt better there then in Canada. I agree is cheaper there but no free medical insurance and I could find a lot of positive and negative things about both countries so choose where you feel better. You always find stupid people or rules that make your day/life miserable. SO don't say No to Canada or USA just choose where you feel good that's more important.

If you don't like it go somewhere else how simple is that?

This is absolutely correct Mr/Ms Countryheart. In this regard, I would like to add the statement of Shakespeare ," there is nothing good or bad, thinking makes its so'. So, it is upto your experience and feeling. As you know, same thing is heaven for someone and the Hell for other, at the same time. And my request is that, see anything through positive angle, then there is a number of positive feeling and thinking. Do not repeat the story of Jackles, ' Grapes are sour.'

Target2013

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very well said those who think immigration is just a cup of tea, so my friends get ready before you come here with wear more than one pants on because your buts gone slog till you get all that you dream off with abetter life. ;D

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
I'm not even going to get into the merits of most of what you've written since it's not even coherent, let alone based on solid evidence.

I do want to say one thing with regard to your last advice: "If you don't like it go somewhere else how simple is that?"

Yes, going somewhere else is an option, except I've chosen not to go with that route. Instead, I've exercised another option: to stay in Canada and post my horrible experiences here in this forum.

I'm aware that you don't like my attitude and what I've written; that's tough, but there's nothing you can do about it unless you buy this forum. Until you own this place, you can't kick my posts out of here. I have as much a right to be here and post my opinions as you do to come here and spew your ignorant rubbish.

I'm gonna end with a piece of advice for you: If you don't like what I have to say, you can stop reading my posts ... any time. How simple is THAT??

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey man, you appeared to be very pessimistic.

First ignore people critics, second say what you like based on your experience.

Third & last, these are your experiences and those might be true for some new comers and for some false. So it depends upon case to case!

marcus66502 said:
I'm not even going to get into the merits of most of what you've written since it's not even coherent, let alone based on solid evidence.

I do want to say one thing with regard to your last advice: "If you don't like it go somewhere else how simple is that?"

Yes, going somewhere else is an option, except I've chosen not to go with that route. Instead, I've exercised another option: to stay in Canada and post my horrible experiences here in this forum.

I'm aware that you don't like my attitude and what I've written; that's tough, but there's nothing you can do about it unless you buy this forum. Until you own this place, you can't kick my posts out of here. I have as much a right to be here and post my opinions as you do to come here and spew your ignorant rubbish.

I'm gonna end with a piece of advice for you: If you don't like what I have to say, you can stop reading my posts ... any time. How simple is THAT??

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
NN74 said:
Hey man, you appeared to be very pessimistic.

First ignore people critics, second say what you like based on your experience.

Third & last, these are your experiences and those might be true for some new comers and for some false. So it depends upon case to case!
I'm not gonna re-post my entire first post in here but I am gonna say that most of it was actually facts and figures. It is a fact that gasoline will cost you 35% more in Canada than in the US. It is a fact that full-time jobs are extremely rare and most you'll find is part-time, or temporary employment that only pays for "pocket cash". You can't pay rent with that. Speaking of rent, it's so high in Canada, that you can forget about saving for a downpayment on a house. So what we're talking about is a lifetime of minimum wage survival jobs, with no possibility of ever owning your own house. In the 19th century they had a word for this situation: slavery. So when you say I sounded pessimistic, I'd say pessimism is the order of the day.

I AM ignoring critics. It's hard not to. They're not really critics when you get down to it. They haven't really offered any criticism, which normally consists of presenting other facts and data that counters the data I've offered. It's always the same broken record soundbyte from these "critics": no-one said it was gonna be easy, you've got to take initiative blah blah blah (never mind that I bust my ass applying for three hundred jobs a day when I get off work), and that if you don't like it you can leave. Truth be told, these critics have no clue what life really takes in Canada, and hence they have to do the only thing left in the bag: repeat soundbytes and attack my character.

I DID say what I wanted to say, not that I LIKED saying it. But it IS my experience and, however unpleasant, it's important that people know the facts they're gonna face here about the true cost of living and the non-existent job market.

"Third and last", these are my experiences yes, and if surveys are any indication these negative experiences are common to most recent immigrants. In reality, for every critic of my post in here, I've had two or three supporters who have messaged me by e-mail to tell me that I was right. That every negative fact I mentioned about Canadian life is true, and that they don't want to say this in the open forum here because they don't want to engage in arguments with these "critics".

Most of these critics suggest "leave if you don't like it" because it's much easier to say that than to take the facts I've stated and prove them untrue. But speaking of leaving, many immigrants do leave. I suspect quite a high percentage leave every year, from what I've read. Does the Government of Canada collect data on THAT? No, of course not. They only post how many immigrants are ADMITTED each year because that's what props up Canada's false image. Publicizing something like "40% of immigrants eventually leave" would bring canada's reputation down in the toilet.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Speaking of rent, it's so high in Canada, that you can forget about saving for a downpayment on a house.
Rent in Canada is lower than Hong Kong. :D

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
steaky said:
Rent in Canada is lower than Hong Kong. :D
Yes, and rent in North Korea is lower than in Canada. That doesn't make anybody want to move to North Korea. What exactly is your point??

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you are almost right, I would say that your further cries would allow readers to make fun out of you!

For instance, if Canada is very bad place to live, there are other bright aspects of Canadian society. Pl consider them too!

I'd say, its good you highlighted negative aspects of Canada; tough job hunting, hidden racism, inefficient policies for new immigrants etc but please stand up and work hard to make this society good for new comers. Only cries wouldn't add any value!

marcus66502 said:
I'm not gonna re-post my entire first post in here but I am gonna say that most of it was actually facts and figures. It is a fact that gasoline will cost you 35% more in Canada than in the US. It is a fact that full-time jobs are extremely rare and most you'll find is part-time, or temporary employment that only pays for "pocket cash". You can't pay rent with that. Speaking of rent, it's so high in Canada, that you can forget about saving for a downpayment on a house. So what we're talking about is a lifetime of minimum wage survival jobs, with no possibility of ever owning your own house. In the 19th century they had a word for this situation: slavery. So when you say I sounded pessimistic, I'd say pessimism is the order of the day.

I AM ignoring critics. It's hard not to. They're not really critics when you get down to it. They haven't really offered any criticism, which normally consists of presenting other facts and data that counters the data I've offered. It's always the same broken record soundbyte from these "critics": no-one said it was gonna be easy, you've got to take initiative blah blah blah (never mind that I bust my ass applying for three hundred jobs a day when I get off work), and that if you don't like it you can leave. Truth be told, these critics have no clue what life really takes in Canada, and hence they have to do the only thing left in the bag: repeat soundbytes and attack my character.

I DID say what I wanted to say, not that I LIKED saying it. But it IS my experience and, however unpleasant, it's important that people know the facts they're gonna face here about the true cost of living and the non-existent job market.

"Third and last", these are my experiences yes, and if surveys are any indication these negative experiences are common to most recent immigrants. In reality, for every critic of my post in here, I've had two or three supporters who have messaged me by e-mail to tell me that I was right. That every negative fact I mentioned about Canadian life is true, and that they don't want to say this in the open forum here because they don't want to engage in arguments with these "critics".

Most of these critics suggest "leave if you don't like it" because it's much easier to say that than to take the facts I've stated and prove them untrue. But speaking of leaving, many immigrants do leave. I suspect quite a high percentage leave every year, from what I've read. Does the Government of Canada collect data on THAT? No, of course not. They only post how many immigrants are ADMITTED each year because that's what props up Canada's false image. Publicizing something like "40% of immigrants eventually leave" would bring canada's reputation down in the toilet.

GuessBoy

Oct 15, 2013
Mauritius
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
11-01-2016
Med's Request
24-11-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Hopefully very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully very soon
LANDED..........
ASAP
NN74 said:
Even if you are almost right, I would say that your further cries would allow readers to make fun out of you!

For instance, if Canada is very bad place to live, there are other bright aspects of Canadian society. Pl consider them too!

I'd say, its good you highlighted negative aspects of Canada; tough job hunting, hidden racism, inefficient policies for new immigrants etc but please stand up and work hard to make this society good for new comers. Only cries wouldn't add any value!
From my part i would say that everyone have the right to voice out their own views but at the end of the day you need to think are you only giving your experience and opinion or are you expressing your sadness for not getting what you expected before going to the country that you moved to.

A lot of people they do complain about the country that they migrate to without even thinking of what they left behind. Everyone usually decide to move to another country because they think that they will be better off in another country. So some without thinking or doing proper research just go ahead and migrate but upon landing and living there they realize it's the same or worst that their own country.

And to be frank there are several category of people in the immigrant class:

Some people even though they find that their own country could be better off they do find some advantage in the new country and thus decide to stay while keep complaining without doing anything to change for the better.

Among those who always complain about the country they migrate to they will decide to move to a new country thinking it will be better and repeat the whole cycle again

Other type would be the one that will get over the negative part and focus on the possessive aspect to build their new live.

And another type would be the one who give up after a while and return to their home country by expressing their sadness and bad experience.

So what i want to say is it's up to individual on how they approach the negative side of the country they live in. Instead of keep focusing on the negative part look at the bright side and you will eventually start to enjoy your life and live happy.

Complain & negative thinking always bring negative things in your life.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
ajay93 said:
Very well said those who think immigration is just a cup of tea, so my friends get ready before you come here with wear more than one pants on because your buts gone slog till you get all that you dream off with abetter life. ;D
Sir

Immigration is "Re-Birth"

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
countryheart said:

So don't be surprise that they want accept your degree or experience from other country. You got different education maybe better maybe worst. Is not fair but think about Canada or USA citizens – they paid a lot of money for education where you could get cheaper or free education. So they put you on the basket without any experience or degree, and is your decision if you proof them about what you got.
Hi there,

I see the point that you are putting across, they make the rules...but that doesn't necessarily mean that its fair. Let me ask you one thing: have you ever heard of "american experience" / "british experience" / "swedish experience" / "german experience" / "japanese experience" ...why is it only canada who invented that thing called "canadian experience"?

Also somehow - i don't get some of your statements....so i chose to comment on some of them below:

1) Firstly whats the value of the degree - when considering employing "someone" who has over 8 years of working experience? What is more "relevant" for assessing if the candidate is suitable for the position or not - is it his ability to do the job (work experience)? Or the "name"/"country" of the university where he studied more than 8 years ago? Think as a business owner - and you'll find the answer yourself.

2) Ok you said canadian/us citizens paid a lot of money on education...well let me tell you that many immigrants have studied in the UK, or other european/western countries - as international students and have paid a lot as well (more than what canadians paid in canada) ..
so how is this relevant here? and since when is education "valued" by how much "you paid for it"? :eek: :eek:

3) You mentioned that its an "immigrant's" decision to prove his own education and experience...well fine, but how about giving them a chance to demonstrate their capabilities?

MousChelsea

Jul 30, 2012
emamabd said:
Hi there,

I see the point that you are putting across, they make the rules...but that doesn't necessarily mean that its fair. Let me ask you one thing: have you ever heard of "american experience" / "british experience" / "swedish experience" / "german experience" / "japanese experience" ...why is it only canada who invented that thing called "canadian experience"?

Also somehow - i don't get some of your statements....so i chose to comment on some of them below:

1) Firstly whats the value of the degree - when considering employing "someone" who has over 8 years of working experience? What is more "relevant" for assessing if the candidate is suitable for the position or not - is it his ability to do the job (work experience)? Or the "name"/"country" of the university where he studied more than 8 years ago? Think as a business owner - and you'll find the answer yourself.

2) Ok you said canadian/us citizens paid a lot of money on education...well let me tell you that many immigrants have studied in the UK, or other european/western countries - as international students and have paid a lot as well (more than what canadians paid in canada) ..
so how is this relevant here? and since when is education "valued" by how much "you paid for it"? :eek: :eek:

3) You mentioned that its an "immigrant's" decision to prove his own education and experience...well fine, but how about giving them a chance to demonstrate their capabilities?
Well said man , 100% true but allow me to add something about the general topic raised by marcus66502 and his experiences which are totally understandable : the thing is we have to try and make things better and i totally see where marcus66502 is coming from , but also we have to keep our confidence high , we shouldn't give up and keep our faith . As for me i always thank Allah (GOD) for giving me this chance to come here and because of his grace and my parents prayers and wishes and also because of my brother (who is here already and helped me a lot and saved me A LOT of money , really A LOT without him it would have been much harder but hamdulilAllah fot his presence). And the rest is upon Allah and my will so let us make the best of it in terms of living , getting the dream job or at least cherish what we have and say AlhamdulilAllah , well marcus66502 stay strong and InshAllah things will get better . Peace ... and let us hear from you every once and a while ... Salam ...

chandler

Jan 15, 2010
I recently received my Canadian perm through skilled labor category and I agree with your point of view. Outside of the big banks or oil companies, most of the jobs in Canada are part time or contract basis with none or minimal benefits.
Rents are absurdly high and housing prices make no economic sense. Given the level of per capita productivity and income coupled with high cost of living, having some basic standard of life is not viable in Canada.

marcus66502 said: