+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RE: Please help with General Enquiry for FSW

hectortroy80

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hats of to CANDAVISA. Really appreciate all members support and guidance. Good to have something like NOC 2131 group. I hope more and more Civil Engineers would join and share their experiences. I want to apply for FSW in 2014. I am still in the process of collecting documents. Can some one help me with following queries, reference document is IMM 7000? This is a long list, please bear with me on this. Perhaps this may clear quite few things for more Newbies like me. Would appreciate any guidance on the same.

1) Page No 11 of 36, Police Certificates:
I have stayed in USA for total of 4 years. I have now returned and permanently residing in India. Do I still need to submit a Police Clearance certificate for number of years I stayed in USA or only for number of years stayed in India? If yes, will it be possible to obtain the police certificate from USA as I am now residing in India? How can I obtain the certificate from USA.

2) Page 13 of 36, Step 2 Complete the application form:
I am using computer to fill in the application forms. While filling the forms, for some section, when I enter the details in some boxes,
the non-relevant boxes are automatically greyed out. I cannot type N/A in these boxes. But according to guideline it is mentioned that all
sections shall be completed and if section does not apply "Not Applicable or NA" shall be written. So do I need to print the form and
then write by hand “NA” in all such sections?

3) Page 15 of 36, Question 5 Language Preference, Interview:
Is the PR issued on the basis of an interview? I mean is this a selection criteria? When will an interview be scheduled and will it be
only for primary applicant or for all dependents as well?

4) Page 19 of 36, National Identity Document:
Which document/documents are accepted as a National Identity Document for India. I have a valid passport and have entered the details of same in the form. Do I still need to enter information for National Identity Document? Is it mandatory to provide details for this document or is it optional?

5) Page 22 of 36 Dependent Education/occupation:
I have an infant child as my dependent. So should I list "NA" in the education, language, and occupation section? Is there any age limit
for the dependent child to accompany me to Canada, i.e. minimum age of child shall be 1 year or something similar?

6) Page 23 of 36, Schedule A - Background/Declaration:
Question 2 - Indicate name in your native language or script.Do I need to write my name in my native language? How can it be done using computer as no option to select the language is provided in the form. Do I need to print the application and then write my name in my native language?

7) Page 33 of 36 Medical Requirements:
Does the medical certificate needs to be submitted along with application or later?

Cool Where does the entire application package need to be mailed? To
Canada or New Delhi? Where is the CIO for applications from India.

9) Is there any deadline date for submitting the application and relevant documents? Or CIO accepts the application until the cap of 1000 is reached?

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. It's needed.
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.
2. If filled out on a computer and they grey out that's all that's needed.
7. Later, when requested. Application to be sent to CIO in Sydney, NS. Address is in the application guide.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
hectortroy80 said:
Hats of to CANDAVISA. Really appreciate all members support and guidance. Good to have something like NOC 2131 group. I hope more and more Civil Engineers would join and share their experiences. I want to apply for FSW in 2014. I am still in the process of collecting documents. Can some one help me with following queries, reference document is IMM 7000? This is a long list, please bear with me on this. Perhaps this may clear quite few things for more Newbies like me. Would appreciate any guidance on the same.

1) Page No 11 of 36, Police Certificates:
I have stayed in USA for total of 4 years. I have now returned and permanently residing in India. Do I still need to submit a Police Clearance certificate for number of years I stayed in USA or only for number of years stayed in India? If yes, will it be possible to obtain the police certificate from USA as I am now residing in India? How can I obtain the certificate from USA.

Yes, you do need. Yes, you can. Visit FBI website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

2) Page 13 of 36, Step 2 Complete the application form:
I am using computer to fill in the application forms. While filling the forms, for some section, when I enter the details in some boxes,
the non-relevant boxes are automatically greyed out. I cannot type N/A in these boxes. But according to guideline it is mentioned that all
sections shall be completed and if section does not apply "Not Applicable or NA" shall be written. So do I need to print the form and
then write by hand “NA” in all such sections?

Yes, you got it right.

3) Page 15 of 36, Question 5 Language Preference, Interview:
Is the PR issued on the basis of an interview? I mean is this a selection criteria? When will an interview be scheduled and will it be
only for primary applicant or for all dependents as well?

Depends on the Visa officer.

4) Page 19 of 36, National Identity Document:
Which document/documents are accepted as a National Identity Document for India. I have a valid passport and have entered the details of same in the form. Do I still need to enter information for National Identity Document? Is it mandatory to provide details for this document or is it optional?

None, for India.

5) Page 22 of 36 Dependent Education/occupation:
I have an infant child as my dependent. So should I list "NA" in the education, language, and occupation section? Is there any age limit
for the dependent child to accompany me to Canada, i.e. minimum age of child shall be 1 year or something similar?

No such minimum limit I am aware of. See this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp

6) Page 23 of 36, Schedule A - Background/Declaration:
Question 2 - Indicate name in your native language or script.Do I need to write my name in my native language? How can it be done using computer as no option to select the language is provided in the form. Do I need to print the application and then write my name in my native language?

Yes, after printing.

7) Page 33 of 36 Medical Requirements:
Does the medical certificate needs to be submitted along with application or later?

Later, when the Visa officer asks for it.

Cool Where does the entire application package need to be mailed? To
Canada or New Delhi? Where is the CIO for applications from India.

Canada. See this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg76

9) Is there any deadline date for submitting the application and relevant documents? Or CIO accepts the application until the cap of 1000 is reached?

Cap is the driving factor. 1000 for your NOC, or 25,000 total, whichever fills first.