+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: Papers forwarded to Manila office...Exceeded normal processing time..

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
Hi everyone,
i need your opinion and help on what we are going to do..
My canadian wife is sponsoring me as Permanent resident..we both live here in the USA with our 3 year old daughter..
here's our timeline...........

Early 2009 - done medical, finger print etc..submitted to the visa office in Mississauga

Sept 17 2009 - recieved an email from Manila office informing us that our papres were forwarded to them and they are asking for the additional documents -
CENOMAR
IMM 5406
Police Clearance from Malaysia ( i stayed for more than a year)
We were only given 45 days to comply...
Sept 19- emailed them that we were told it will take 4-6 months to get the clearance from malaysia..
Sept 29 -got a reply that we will be given extension and also asking my wife/sponsor a proof of intention to reside in Canada.

Oct 2009- got the CENOMAR from the Phils and sent it to the manila offcie together with other documents except the Clearance from Malaysia which we already requested.

January 8 2010-- sent the Malaysia clearance to manila office
J

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
(continuation)
January 18 2010-
informed them that we already sent it on the 8th

Feb 16- got a reply -they said they haven't got it.. we were also told that the medical have expired already and we need to do remedical and they will send the form
March 3 - we ask them if they sent it..because we havent' recieved any form for remedical..
March 7 - they replied they already have the POlice clearance but asking for the CENOMAR,IMM5406, proof of intention (which we sent already in Oct.) and they said they didn't recieved it..
also they are now asking for my original birth certificate & passport..and informed us they will resend the form for remedical.
March 10- informed them we will resubmit the other "lost" documents..
March 22 -emailed them again - asking for the form and all the documents were ready for submission but i can't send it for i need to have the re medical exam and the passport is my only valid identification as of this time..other ID's have already expired (California ID, etc)
we always check our locked post box everyday and we are still waiting for that remedical form..
How long do think we are going to wait for it?
They stated that we don't need to submit same email or multiple inquries.. we alread sent them fax & tried to call but can't get hold of them..
Are there any other documents we missed? we submitted all they required but they keep asking for some other documents, which make us confused now..
any comment?

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
If you haven't received the paperwork they say they have sent, I suggest you ask them to e-mail them to you as well as post a copy - that way, you should receive them.

The fact they have asked for passports is a good thing :)

Send a case specific enquiry and specify what you are waiting for - and ask for information on the progress of your file and if they are waiting for any other information from you.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

:)

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
thanks for the reply.. we asked them if they can send it via fax or email ..they haven't replied yet..i sent already numerous emails even the site said we don't need to do multiple inquiries...
this time it's only the form for re- medical is what we need...i learned that we can't use the form from the site for re medical form is different, the office needs to send it to us as we were told......then we need to make appointment to the nearest accredited medical office is around 4 hours drive from our place...
any advice?

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
Here's an email i received from them dated march 29th..

Dear Sir.

This is in response to your e-mail below.

Please be advised that your medical forms were sent on 10March2010 to this address recorded on file:

We have no record of RTS (return to sender) for this document.

Please note that your application no longer follows the normal processing time because you have requested for an extension in processing and submitting your Malaysian police certifcate. The first mail request for required documents also was returned to us, as there seems to be a problem with the address that you are using. Be guided accordingly.

Thank you.

Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila

and also ask them if they it's possible to sent the form via email because the 1st medical forms sent Feb 16th were returned to them..and here's their reply..

Dear Sir:

This is in response to your e-mail below.

Please note of the exchange of information in 2009 when we informed you that the Acknowledgment of Receipt and docs requested in September 2009 returned to us. You confirmed that you are still using this address but requested to send requests via e-mail. You have been requesting diferent forms of communication.

If there is nothing wrong with the address then you would be receving the medical forms soon. For as long as there is no record of "return to sender" (RTS) for the medical forms, then we will not be printing a new one. The forms cannot be send through e-mail.

Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you.

Family Reunification Unit

Until when i am going to wait for the form?
It's been a month now since they said they mailed it.....what if it was lost? we have a locked mail box and we are checking it everyday....we try to make folow ups and we want this to be done ASAP for it's been more than a year already and still we are on the process of submitting these documents... it is ok if we will just be waiting for the decision ...
We really need your opinion..thanks a lot...

marisol

Sep 27, 2009
sorry to hear your story, sana makarating na din sa inyo yung letter, parehas po tayo eh, hindi ko po natanggap yung medical forms and some additional document to be provide, luckily they forwarded it to my partner in canada. natanggap ko naman yung notice ng post office but, late na, nasayang nga yung 3 months of waiting ko. they send me the letter last jan pa.

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
here's my update:

- still no re-medical form received

- Today, April 20th ,(tuesday) i sent the following papers via FEDEX and they will received it by Friday, the 23rd...it was so expensive, $85+

- Original NSO birth certificate

- *Original NSO CENOMAR or Advisory on Marriages

- *IMM5406 form

- *Proof of sponsor's intention to reside in Canada

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
Got an email from Manila office..i was informed that the re-medical form were returned to them.. I'm just wondering how it happened..we got lots of cards & mail from my wife's relative in Davao for her bday last week of March and those were sent even after the 10th..(Manila office is saying they sent us their form.) also, i lived a block away from USPS..checked my locked mail box everyday (sometimes 2x a day),and i'm a stay home dad.. I need to ask the USPS too...
they even told me too that this time they will send it via registered mail... what does it mean? how do they really send their documents? I'm just wondering.........i hope to receive it soon ,so we can make appointment to the nearest edical office (4 hour drive from ours..)

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
update on my case...
- manila embassy said they mailed the re-medical form on the 27th this time via registered mail ...Hoping we received it sooner..in 2 weeks?
-the other documents we sent last 20th (tuesday) were signed/recieved Friday,the 23rd according to FEDEX record ,but on the email we received from the Manila office on the 27th they informed us they still don't have a record of it ???, so i emailed them all the info from the FEDEX site & hope they will find it.

we set a tentative appointment with medical examiner on the 11th of May and it was around 3.5 hrs drive from ours.. & hoping we already received the forms before that date..

BTW, How many months do i need to wait after the re-medical examination & all the tests were submitted before a decision is made?

dingcon

Sep 20, 2009
Update--
remedical done, also passport sent to manila 17th May.. just check the site and says, medical papers received & a decision has been made.I will just wait for the embassy to contact me regarding this decision..

"We started processing your application on July 30, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision"

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Sounds like things are finally going through... hopefully the letter will bring good news!

:D

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010