1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Score: 7.0-7.0-6.5-8.5
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
Hi all,

My common-law partner is the main applicant in our CEC application and his UK passport runs out December 2014. Is it risky sending CEC documents off with this passport, numbers and expiry date as they are now or should he just send off for a new passport this week so he has a new one one his documents?

The application won't be sent until the end of march as we have to wait for IELTS to be returned after March 10th exam and then wait for the police records.

We want to eliminate any delays that could be put in place and not sure if this would be an issue if we sent in the current passport.

:)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jkgoulds said:
Hi all,

My common-law partner is the main applicant in our CEC application and his UK passport runs out December 2014. Is it risky sending CEC documents off with this passport, numbers and expiry date as they are now or should he just send off for a new passport this week so he has a new one one his documents?

The application won't be sent until the end of march as we have to wait for IELTS to be returned after March 10th exam and then wait for the police records.

We want to eliminate any delays that could be put in place and not sure if this would be an issue if we sent in the current passport.

:)
I also got a new passport a couple of weeks after sending my application. That's no problem at all.
Apply with current passport and email a scan of the new passport whenever you get it.

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
Police report of 'no live trace' 27 May 2015
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Score: 7.0-7.0-6.5-8.5
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
Does it delay processing time or cause them confusion at all? I'm guessing your passport # always stay the same so for the generic application form wouldn't be an issue then? So would just have to email them a copy of the new passport/photos/expiry to what address? Sorry for all the questions!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jkgoulds said:
Does it delay processing time or cause them confusion at all? I'm guessing your passport # always stay the same so for the generic application form wouldn't be an issue then? So would just have to email them a copy of the new passport/photos/expiry to what address? Sorry for all the questions!
No, my passport number changed. It's a totally new document, and doesn't cause any delay at all, as they simply update the information
on your file.
I emailed them a scan of the passport ( same pages you submitted copies in your application ), that's all.
You don't have to submit the forms with your passport number on again, it's sufficient to send the new copy.