+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Medical for Existing Work Permit.

Aug 20, 2020
URGENT REQUEST

My wife's medical is expiring on 11th September and she is traveling on 5th September and has confirmed tickets. She will reach Canada on 7th September in evening. She is planning to take upfront medical on 14th August.

I want to ask after taking the upfront medical exam will the status in application changes to under process or will the previous medical will be valid till the time new medical is processed completely?

Thanks everyone!

abhishekinbox

Jul 5, 2021
URGENT REQUEST

My wife's medical is expiring on 11th September and she is traveling on 5th September and has confirmed tickets. She will reach Canada on 7th September in evening. She is planning to take upfront medical on 14th August.

I want to ask after taking the upfront medical exam will the status in application changes to under process or will the previous medical will be valid till the time new medical is processed completely?

Thanks everyone!
Hi,

The medical validity is of 12 months only, however the visa issued is of multiple years. Once the visa is issued the statuses of the previous processed application doesn't change... It's only the counterfoil status gets changed.. from Valid to Invalid and that is visible on the CIC account page.
In your wife's specific case if her counterfoil is not invalid, she can travel without any issue on 5th and once she enters into Canada I don't think it would be a problem. Also if Upfront medical is being given on 14th I would suggest follow up with the physician and check when did they submit the medical report to IRCC. Post their confirmation raise the web form letting them know of the new medical being given.