+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: live in caregiver work permit pls advice!!!

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
Hello there. Seniors pls advice me what to do.. I submitted my application for live in caregiver work permit last august 14,2011 at Canadian high commission, London. Until now no reply from them. Im trying to call them but u can't reach them, I send already emails to inquire about my application but still I didn't get any response from them and lastly I even go there in the embassy but they just let me write in an inquiry form until now no reply still. What shall I do now? My employer is asking me already. Please advice me...!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dallshat said:
Hello there. Seniors pls advice me what to do.. I submitted my application for live in caregiver work permit last august 14,2011 at Canadian high commission, London. Until now no reply from them. Im trying to call them but u can't reach them, I send already emails to inquire about my application but still I didn't get any response from them and lastly I even go there in the embassy but they just let me write in an inquiry form until now no reply still. What shall I do now? My employer is asking me already. Please advice me...!
Hi when I applied way back 2008 it only took me 2 months but my friend who applied last year took her 9 months. (She just arrived here last Dec 5, 2011) Maybe because CIC Minister Kenney wants to eliminate the program and they discouraged Canadian families to go with this option (don't know what word to pick) they make processing time longer. Just wait and it will be there before you know it. Good luck!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dallshat said:
Thank u for your reply.. Did your friend apply also here in CIC London?
yes we did. We only sent our application to CHC London since we only have SCHENGEN visa that's why we can't go to London and we're both working in Norway at that time. Interviews held on a phone call. Good luck!

dallshat

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks honey sweetie.. One more pls.. Can u tell how was the processing?what shall expect to come to me, interview or medical?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dallshat said:
Thanks honey sweetie.. One more pls.. Can u tell how was the processing?what shall expect to come to me, interview or medical?
In my case and friend's case, we first got a phoned interview before we received a medical form.

They will send a medical form and your passport if you sent it with your application. Because you need your passport and a medical form to go for a medical at the DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner/Doctor) and then forward it back your passport to CHC London (no need to send a returned prepaid envelope if you already sent before). Then your DMP will be the one to forward your medical result and if there's no problem with your medical in a week or two you will get your passport with your visa stamped on it. Good luck!

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
honeysweetie said:
In my case and friend's case, we first got a phoned interview before we received a medical form.

They will send a medical form and your passport if you sent it with your application. Because you need your passport and a medical form to go for a medical at the DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner/Doctor) and then forward it back your passport to CHC London (no need to send a returned prepaid envelope if you already sent before). Then your DMP will be the one to forward your medical result and if there's no problem with your medical in a week or two you will get your passport with your visa stamped on it. Good luck!
Hi Honeysweetie,,

what work did you have in Norway? Im currently working here in Norway as aupair, and I just submitted my application last febr. 17. until now i haven't received anything from them. I'm filipino.

thank you

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
europegirl said:
Hi Honeysweetie,,

what work did you have in Norway? Im currently working here in Norway as aupair, and I just submitted my application last febr. 17. until now i haven't received anything from them. I'm filipino.

thank you
AUPAIR in Bergen, as what I've said in my last post that my friend took 9 months before she got her Visa and no response from CHC London within 8 months that her papers is on process. We only both knew that it's on-process because as per our BANK DRAFT it's already been credited and the post has already been delivered.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Hi honeysweet,

how will you know that your bank draft has been credited?

thank you :D
honeysweetie said:
AUPAIR in Bergen, as what I've said in my last post that my friend took 9 months before she got her Visa and no response from CHC London within 8 months that her papers is on process. We only both knew that it's on-process because as per our BANK DRAFT it's already been credited and the post has already been delivered.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
europegirl said:
Hi honeysweet,

how will you know that your bank draft has been credited?

thank you :D
What I did before I called SPAREBANKEN since that's where I got my BANK DRAFT. I went to my branch and showed the photocopy of the bank draft that I bought if it's already credited. It took a month before it was credited to Canada Receiver General.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
honeysweetie said:
What I did before I called SPAREBANKEN since that's where I got my BANK DRAFT. I went to my branch and showed the photocopy of the bank draft that I bought if it's already credited. It took a month before it was credited to Canada Receiver General.
Really? I did that as well in SPARESKILLINGSBANKEN, but they told me that they can't check if its already credited. :( Anyways, did you submit also your original passport?

Thank you

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
europegirl said:
Really? I did that as well in SPARESKILLINGSBANKEN, but they told me that they can't check if its already credited. :( Anyways, did you submit also your original passport?

Thank you
Yes I did and they sent back to me together with the Medical Form and after I did my medical I sent back again my passport to CHC London.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
honeysweetie said:
Yes I did and they sent back to me together with the Medical Form and after I did my medical I sent back again my passport to CHC London.
Until now, I haven't receive anyting from CIC London.. My visa here in Norway will expire on August 1, and as soon a s possible I need to find a new employer here because my present employer need me for 1 year only..

Should I ask CIC to send me back my passport or I should wait until the end of this April, to be exact 10 weeks since I submitted my papers?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
europegirl said:
Until now, I haven't receive anyting from CIC London.. My visa here in Norway will expire on August 1, and as soon a s possible I need to find a new employer here because my present employer need me for 1 year only..

Should I ask CIC to send me back my passport or I should wait until the end of this April, to be exact 10 weeks since I submitted my papers?
My friend's case she's out of status for 1 month and 15 days to be exact. She just waited her passport. Luckily nobody questions her in Amsterdam Airport when she departs Europe to Canada. I think you can wait until July coz if you will request your passport back it will take longer to process your application.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
honeysweetie said:
My friend's case she's out of status for 1 month and 15 days to be exact. She just waited her passport. Luckily nobody questions her in Amsterdam Airport when she departs Europe to Canada. I think you can wait until July coz if you will request your passport back it will take longer to process your application.
But I can't stay here in Norway once my visa is experied. :( So my plan is to look for another host family so that I can have 1 more year visa to stay, because if I will not do this, I will go home. :( Hays, hopefully I will receive letter after the holidays.

thank you for sharing your experiences. I tried to talked in the bank who issued me the bank draft, but they can't figure out if the cheque is withdrawn or not.