+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Re-issue) Passport update to CIC

KarthiSar

Mar 30, 2019
Hello,

I am an express entry applicant (Currently on PGWP in Canada), I received my ITA on Jan 9th, 2019 and have submitted all my documents and currently waiting for a decision to be made.

As the thread title explains that I am looking for help to understand on how I can update CIC my change in passport details as I am having it re-issued. My understanding is that ideally it is best that we get the passport re-issued and then apply for EE and BOWP. But however due to my multiple trips to India within past 6 months, I was left with no choice but to wait until now.

Currently my PGWP expires on April 9th, 2019 and I have submitted my profile for BOWP and EE on March4th. My current passport expires on September 30th, 2019 (with which I have applied for BOWP and EE).

I have applied for passport re-issue on March 16th, 2019, and expected towards end of April and since BOWP processing timelines are currently 12-13 weeks, and could be expected towards mid of June, 2019- could anyone of you help me advice what is the best move forward and how do I update CIC on the change/update of passport info for both BOWP and EE?​