+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-issue of passport while Study Permit application is in Process.

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
My passport is getting expire and I am planning to re-issue my passport. But, I have applied for the study permit with my old passport, which will expire in 8 months. My questions are

1. If I get the study permit and after that, I get my new passport, how will it impact me at the port of entry in Canada?
  2. Do I have to show both the passport or only the Old one at the port of entry?
  3. Will it be a problem as only my old passport will be having the TRV?

akGJ05

Jan 9, 2020
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

Reactions: Vivekgautam

Vivekgautam

Jul 7, 2020
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
Passport submitting is ok.but if I get new passport after getting stamp on my old passport will it be a problem at Port of entry in Canada