+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re-immigrate to canada

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone, I am so happy I found these forum and hope somebody can help me.
in 2005 my whole family (I was still a child back then) immigrated to Canada. I lived here for a certain time but than I decided to go back to Germany to finish school and my university degree as a mechanical engineer.

In 2010 I visited my parents, but when I arrived at the airport I got a departure Order because I was not able to comply with the residency obligation. Of corse I couldn’t reach the 1075 days present in Canada in 5 years time. Back then it was no problem for me, but now, I would like to life in Canada again and take over the company of my parents.

Is there an easy way to just re-immigrate ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I am so happy I found these forum and hope somebody can help me.
in 2005 my whole family (I was still a child back then) immigrated to Canada. I lived here for a certain time but than I decided to go back to Germany to finish school and my university degree as a mechanical engineer.

In 2010 I visited my parents, but when I arrived at the airport I got a departure Order because I was not able to comply with the residency obligation. Of corse I couldn’t reach the 1075 days present in Canada in 5 years time. Back then it was no problem for me, but now, I would like to life in Canada again and take over the company of my parents.

Is there an easy way to just re-immigrate ?
How old are you? There is no easy way to immigrate. You can come through Express Entry, if eligible. What sort of business do your parents own in Canada and where?

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
Hi Naturgrl, thanks for your answer.
I am 40 years old and my parents are both around 70. They run a farm in Ontario and I like to take it over as so they both are not anymore the yungest.

I spent each year some time in Canada so in the past 5 years it has been close to 400now, so I thougt I maybe just wait until I reach the 1075 days and than apply for a new PR-Card. But I guess that would be too easy?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Naturgrl, thanks for your answer.
I am 40 years old and my parents are both around 70. They run a farm in Ontario and I like to take it over as so they both are not anymore the yungest.

I spent each year some time in Canada so in the past 5 years it has been close to 400now, so I thougt I maybe just wait until I reach the 1075 days and than apply for a new PR-Card. But I guess that would be too easy?
You lost your PR status back in 2010. You can't get your PR status back simply by living in Canada and then applying for a PR card. You have to qualify and apply through an economic immigration program like Express Entry to get PR status again.

Your age is a barrier and is going to work against you.

Do you have a Master's or PhD?

What is your occupation?

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
You lost your PR status back in 2010. You can't get your PR status back simply by living in Canada and then applying for a PR card. You have to qualify and apply through an economic immigration program like Express Entry to get PR status again.

Your age is a barrier and is going to work against you.

Do you have a Master's or PhD?

What is your occupation?
Hi scylla, as I thought, that would have been to easy :-(
I don't have a Master's or PhD, I am "just" a Diplom Engenieer. In Germany thats a bit more than a Bachelor and a bit less than a Master. I used to work as a mechanical Designer for 6 yeas and than as Project Manager in the same company. I also have a degree as farmer.

Is there a change to apply for permanent residence via family sponsorship? I know I am "old" but when I read through the family sponsorship in IRCC I don't see why I can't apply this way.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't have a Master's or PhD, I am "just" a Diplom Engenieer. In Germany thats a bit more than a Bachelor and a bit less than a Master. I used to work as a mechanical Designer for 6 yeas and than as Project Manager in the same company. I also have a degree as farmer.

Is there a change to apply for permanent residence via family sponsorship? I know I am "old" but when I read through the family sponsorship in IRCC I don't see why I can't apply this way.
where are your parents residing, which province?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

You are not eligible for family sponsorship. That is for children in Canada sponsoring their parents or grandparents. There has never been a change. You need to immigrate through economic streams and you would not be eligible due to age and education. Only option is to study in Canada and then try to immigrate, if eligible. Or find a job in Canada, get a LMIA, work permit and then come to canada and work. That doesn’t guarantee PR either.

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
You are not eligible for family sponsorship. That is for children in Canada sponsoring their parents or grandparents. There has never been a change. You need to immigrate through economic streams and you would not be eligible due to age and education. Only option is to study in Canada and then try to immigrate, if eligible. Or find a job in Canada, get a LMIA, work permit and then come to canada and work. That doesn’t guarantee PR either.
ok, then I got this wrong completly.

What do you mean by LMIA

Is there a chance my parents can hire me?

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
in 2017 I did a VOS "Verification of Status" and the paper I got back said Status at Doc. Issuance: Permanent resident.

So what can Ido with this information?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ok, then I got this wrong completly.

What do you mean by LMIA

Is there a chance my parents can hire me?
LMIA is a document that an employer must get to prove that they couldn’t hire a Canadian or PR. So your parents have their business registered and have tried to hire someone and can’t find someone in Canada? Your parents have to prove this (posting full time job with wages and benefits)and if hiring their son, there.will be further scrutiny. Coming on a work permit isn’t PR.

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
LMIA is a document that an employer must get to prove that they couldn’t hire a Canadian or PR. So your parents have their business registered and have tried to hire someone and can’t find someone in Canada? Your parents have to prove this (posting full time job with wages and benefits)and if hiring their son, there.will be further scrutiny. Coming on a work permit isn’t PR.
ok, i have heard about that LMIA then.
Then there is no way my parents hireing me. (I am their daughter by the way, but never mind ;-) I think there would be no problem finding a canadian who could do the job...

Hummel40

Jan 5, 2022
But what would you guys recommend. Lets say there is a company that would hire me.
Would you recommend i appy for a work permit first and then for PR or what would be the best way?