DD Encash Date: 17-02-2015; Sent Doc's with application
Nomination.....
PER : 09-03-2015
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO.
IELTS Request
Sent with Doc's
File Transfer...
27-03-2015 to LVO------ 2nd Line updated on 20th Aug 2015. PCC request sent on 17th Aug 2015.
Med's Request
Nov 20th 2015.
Med's Done....
10th Dec 2015; Passport Renewal request from DRD on 7th Jan 2016
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
04-02-2016; Passports submitted in VFS on 07-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Yes. Received passports courier on 14th Feb 2016.
LANDED..........
Nov 2016
Hi,

I started filling out Generic application form and i have few doubts in questions:

1. Personal Details ----- Question number 3. (UCI)
---

what to fill in this coloumn, as this is my first application. should i mention NA, if i mention NA its stating that "The FORMAT YOU ENTERED IS INVALID", so i need help on this question. should i leave it blank or do i need to write NA after taking printout. Moreover i am filling application via online.

2. Citizenship(s)-----Question number 9.

I am born in INDIA. in this section can i select INDIA as citizenship ?

3. Previous countries of residence: Question number 12. --

I visited Singapore for 5 days and Malaysia for 1 day as a Tourist, so do i need to mention it under question numb:12 ?

4. National Identity Document:

What should i mention here? can i mention PASSPORT details as National Identity ?

5. Education/Occupation Detail: Question 4------

Can i mention current occupation as Intended occupation ?

6. Dependant Type: Question No:12

what should i mention here? this section is Highlighted so i cant write anything here.......

please someone respond to my questions...........

CanInOz

Jul 23, 2013
First of all take some time to read the application guide which is right there from where u got ur forms. It explains most of the things along with step by step guide to fill the forms. Rest HELP section on cic website and the document checklist are also helpful. Moreover there are popular forums here which can provide you with useful links as well.

1.As you are filling the generic form, u should know that you have to validate the form after filling it and then it will generate the barcodes. So if you miss the important fields it won't let u validate the form. And yes you can't type NA in the generic form or anything which is not in the format which it is supposed to have.

2.Yes u will select india as citizenship if u hold it even now.

3.Read the question carefully. I guess it mentions duration as well. You will for sure provide this info in supplementary travels form.

4. Other than passport. You can answer no as well if u don't have it.

5. Yes u can.

6. Read the app guide. You may not have to answer it not sure abt ur case.

N u can say thanx if found it of some help.

dmiriy10

May 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO.
IELTS Request
Sent with Doc's
File Transfer...
27-03-2015 to LVO------ 2nd Line updated on 20th Aug 2015. PCC request sent on 17th Aug 2015.
Med's Request
Nov 20th 2015.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 2016
Thanks a lot buddy. welcome for more reply's from others as well

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello dmiriy10

While CanInOz has answered most of the question I would like to add a few things.
1. Regarding the UCI. Application guide specifically asks for the UCI field to be left blank if you do not have a UCI no. already. Maybe because an officer need to write one there for new applications.

3. "Previous country of residence" is applicable when you have been to some country for more than 6 months. So the visits to Singapore and Malaysia will not be counted here. These visits however will need to be mentioned in the Travel History form.

4. For Indian applicants the national id document is the "Aadaar card".

6. Dependent types are described as follows:

i. Type A: The child is under the age of 22 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
ii. Type B: The child has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full‑time student at a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent either:
a. since before the age of 22, or
b. since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship (if it happened before the age of 22).
iii. Type C: The child is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for himself or herself because of a medical condition.

Best of luck.
Regards

dmiriy10

May 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO.
IELTS Request
Sent with Doc's
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 20th 2015.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nov 2016
Hi ESZB,

Thanks for the valuable information

smileycoral

Jul 2, 2013
ESZB said:
Hello dmiriy10

While CanInOz has answered most of the question I would like to add a few things.
1. Regarding the UCI. Application guide specifically asks for the UCI field to be left blank if you do not have a UCI no. already. Maybe because an officer need to write one there for new applications.

3. "Previous country of residence" is applicable when you have been to some country for more than 6 months. So the visits to Singapore and Malaysia will not be counted here. These visits however will need to be mentioned in the Travel History form.

4. For Indian applicants the national id document is the "Aadaar card".

6. Dependent types are described as follows:

i. Type A: The child is under the age of 22 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).
ii. Type B: The child has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full‑time student at a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent either:
a. since before the age of 22, or
b. since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship (if it happened before the age of 22).
iii. Type C: The child is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for himself or herself because of a medical condition.

Best of luck.
Regards
Dear all,

Aadhar card do not have neither issue date and nor expiry date.. But Generic Application Form requires these dates to be filled up. How to go about in this case. Can anybody advise on it?

Regards