+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Nirvan

Jul 8, 2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Hi everyone. I submitted my visa today to vfs. Withing 15 days I will get it back. They say its better to reach canada withing 6 months from the time you get your visa. But I was planning to go bit late. I was thinking of moving out when its summer in canada so it wont be a problem for me to find an apartment or job etc. Will that cause any problem?

revanth316

Feb 4, 2015
Hi guys,

I am travelling to Canada on Sept. 10th.

I just have a small doubt regarding taking cash.

Can I take travel card with me as proof of Funds...?

Wasild

Apr 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 17-12-2014
AOR Received.
None
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Processing started - 10-03-2015
Med's Request
Awaited
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
Don't know...
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
God Knows!!!
b2cheema said:
:)Dear Forum members, today I am celebrating 1 Long Year of my application submitted. Now with each passing day ray of hope diminishing. SLU on 30 mar 2015. No update after that. no verification. Fed up with this long wait. people with my time line have already landed. CIC is sleeping with my file.
Hello Friend,

I am more or less with you in the same NOC as well, behind you by a week, my timeline is on th left. I am also waiting for the MR. A lot of accountants and other finance guys are surfacing now, seems finance applications were lying dormant till now. If you PM me your number I can add you to the whatsapp group who are waiting for MR. You should expect to hear something very very soon (7-14) days. Where are you from by BTW?

b2cheema

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Nomination.....
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-09-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2015
aarti_naidu2000 said:
hi,
me too
per: 17/12/2014
slu: 21/02/2014
Me too..PER 11/12/2014 and SLU 30/03/2015

b2cheema

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Nomination.....
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-09-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2015
Wasild said:
Hello Friend,

I am more or less with you in the same NOC as well, behind you by a week, my timeline is on th left. I am also waiting for the MR. A lot of accountants and other finance guys are surfacing now, seems finance applications were lying dormant till now. If you PM me your number I can add you to the whatsapp group who are waiting for MR. You should expect to hear something very very soon (7-14) days. Where are you from by BTW?

I am from Chandigarh

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I m also travelling on 11th Sep. I have also same doubt regarding funds. As per CIC these funds could be in the form of:

•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

Can I show my property papers as a POF.

Regards,

revanth316 said:
Hi guys,

I am travelling to Canada on Sept. 10th.

I just have a small doubt regarding taking cash.

Can I take travel card with me as proof of Funds...?

Sahilm

Sep 2, 2014
Hi Guys,
I had a question. Today my app on ECAS shows Decision Made, but in the line updates there are 6 updates the last one being Medicals have been received but no line update about decision made. I understand the extra line updates might be because my FBI PCC was requested. Any idea what might be going on? Should i be scared?

Harry_Putter

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
India
Visa Office......
Warsaw & Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Nov 2014
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
12 Feb 2015 to Warsaw. August 2015 to Delhi
Med's Request
09 May 2015
Med's Done....
12 May 2015, TLU 20 May 2015
Interview........
Additional docus requested by NDVO on 11 Sept 2015, submitted on 22 Sept 2015
Passport Req..
09 Nov 2015 DM - 07 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Recvd COPR 13 Nov 2015
Came across this new on Toronto Star. Looks very interesting and hope no one is a victim again.

[size=10pt]Would-be immigrant from India awarded $3,000 over a lost email[/size]
D.C. Patel’s application was rejected because he didn’t respond to an email he never got — and Ottawa can’t prove ever existed.

By: Nicholas Keung Immigration reporter, Published on Sun Aug 16 2015

Call it the case of the vanishing email.
Canada’s federal court has awarded a prospective immigrant from India $3,000 — and a second shot at coming here — over “a failed email communication” on the part of Immigration Canada.
In granting the appeal in the man’s favour, the court ruled that the responsibility of ensuring the delivery and receipt of immigration correspondence falls squarely on the sender and recipient, and laid out the conditions whereby one party should be held accountable for the lost email.
With Citizenship and Immigration Canada moving toward paperless online applications, an increasing number of cases seem to be cropping up in which lost communication led to applicants being rejected (though no statistics are available).
In the Indian man’s case, the court found there had been “a breach of procedural fairness” in turning him down because he hadn’t responded to an email he never received.
“The judge just asked both parties, ‘Where’s the email?’ And there was nothing,” said lawyer Karen Kwan Anderson, who asked the court to review the rejection of her client’s application under the skilled workers program.
“Email could be efficient and fast in sending information, but there’s the black hole of email where it just disappeared. Over-reliance on technology can be dangerous.”
The first court cases centred on lost emails came at least as early as 2010, said Anderson, who has encountered situations in her own practice where she and her clients “didn’t receive email requests for further information, or received email (intended) for someone else.”
The applicant in this case, Dharmendrakumar Chandrakantbhai Patel, applied for immigration to Canada in June 2010 as a computer and information systems manager.
In February 2014, immigration officials refused his application on the grounds that he “had not supplied any of the documents allegedly requested on August 20, 2013.”
Rakesh Goel, a program assistant at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, claimed to have sent the emailed request for updated application forms and police clearances on that day, and to have given the applicant 45 days to respond.
However, Patel, who declined to be interviewed for this story, said neither he nor his lawyer ever received the email. Justice M. Boswell requested to see the email, but the immigration department was unable to produce a copy of it in the government’s “certified tribunal record” (CTR).
Anderson said her office had inquired about the status of the client’s application in October, after the said email was sent, but no outstanding issues were revealed by immigration officials.
Her subsequent request to the visa post to reopen the case and reconsider the application was denied.
“The respondent has not even supplied a copy of the alleged email, and Mr. Goel’s affidavit does not include a printout of his sent box which could confirm that any email was sent to the correct address,” Boswell wrote in the judgment issued in July.
“The respondent cannot simply rely on electronic notes to prove that a document has been sent to the correct address. Since the respondent has not proven that the email was sent, it is a breach of procedural fairness.”
The immigration department said it uses contact info provided by applicants at their preference and does not use the confirmation of receipt.
“It would double the volume of messages received and the resources required to manage emails. However, our email system does notify officers of email addresses for which the delivery of emails has failed,” said department spokesperson Nancy Chan.
“In those instances, officers try to contact applicants by other means, such as telephone and regular mail. It is the applicant’s responsibility to keep their contact information up-to-date, including their email address, if provided.”
In ordering Ottawa to reopen Patel’s case and awarding the man the unprecedented $3,000 in costs, the judge said the responsibility of a failed communication shifts to the immigration applicant only if officials can show an email was sent, and that they have no reason to believe otherwise — a test the department failed in the Patel case.
Boswell advised the immigration department to adopt email programs that has mechanisms requiring recipients to acknowledge receipt of an email.
“While it may be reasonable to imagine that there will be mistakes made by immigration officers when dealing with thousands of visa applications from around the world, where the evidence readily shows that there has been a mistake, it should be rectified,” the judge wrote.
“If the application had been reopened as requested by the applicant and as this court has exhorted the respondent to do on several occasions, this hearing before the court would not have been necessary.”
The court decision cannot be appealed because the judge did not certify any question.

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/08/16/would-be-immigrant-from-india-awarded-3000-over-a-lost-email.html

Icn_bin_CAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-12-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
02-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
Sorry for a late update

passport submitted 27 july and Maple Stamped passport received 2nd of August

Thanks Everyone

imm2canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015, Passport received : 22-08-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2016
I just noticed that my passport tracking status is changed as below.

Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXXXXXXXXXX – Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 20/08/2015 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

Here I have a question on how I can track my courier, what will be my tracking ID and who is the courier partner.

YehCanada

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-July-2014
Doc's Request.
21-January-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the package
File Transfer...
SLU 20-March-2015
Med's Request
26-March-2015
Med's Done....
15-April-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-September-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-October-2015
Request

Re sending my query...

Initial medical done in April.
Revised medical done (Sputum Culture and Xray) on 27th July. Results were cleared with no sign on active TB.

Status changed from In Process to Decision Made Last Week but no third line update.

humber05

Aug 20, 2015
Hi,

Need your advice. My sister applied for canadian immigration under FSW program- category 3112 in May 2014. She has now got her passport stamped with immigrant visa and COPR but she hasn't landed in Canada yet. Now, she is getting married in next few months and I was wondering if she can add her spouse in the application after marriage so he can also get PR and then they can both land at the same time. We know this is going to add more time to the process. Please advice or inform if you know of any similar cases.
Thank you very much.

southpaw86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-14
AOR Received.
01-08-14
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
31-12-14
Med's Request
07-01-15
Med's Done....
14-01-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-15
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share an update. The processing times on CIC website were updated this morning and now reflects the latest processing times. CPCO was showing a processing time of 18 months until yesterday. Today it is 11 months. So for all those, like myself, who have been waiting on Decision Made for last few months and were constantly getting no updates from CPCO because we were still within "processing period" can ask for an official update now.

For more information on processing times:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

southpaw86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-14
AOR Received.
01-08-14
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
31-12-14
Med's Request
07-01-15
Med's Done....
14-01-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-15
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-15
humber05 said:
Hi,

Need your advice. My sister applied for canadian immigration under FSW program- category 3112 in May 2014. She has now got her passport stamped with immigrant visa and COPR but she hasn't landed in Canada yet. Now, she is getting married in next few months and I was wondering if she can add her spouse in the application after marriage so he can also get PR and then they can both land at the same time. We know this is going to add more time to the process. Please advice or inform if you know of any similar cases.
Thank you very much.
She can definitely add her spouse after marriage (but not before) as long as she is within the duration of landing provided to her. In fact, that is a preferred option as the additional processing time after adding her spouse on to her application is 3-4 months vs more than year if she sponsors him separately later.

humber05

Aug 20, 2015
southpaw86 said:
She can definitely add her spouse after marriage (but not before) as long as she is within the duration of landing provided to her. In fact, that is a preferred option as the additional processing time after adding her spouse on to her application is 3-4 months vs more than year if she sponsors him separately later.

Thank you southpaw86. Really appreciate your quick response.