+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
Sunsat said:
Hi Friends

Need your kind advise.. We received our stamped visa and COPR on June 11th.. but there was a spelling mistake on my elder daughter's visa stamp and COPR. we raised a CSE regarding this and NDVO asked to resubmit all our passports back for correction. hence we sent them back to them on 13th June and have been received by them on 15th june. its been two working weeks and there is no sign of our passports. did any one go through this kind of situation? when can I expect our passports back? i am so tensed. we booked our tickets for 27th July. can we expect to receive them back by then? kindly share your info or experience in this kind of situation.

I believe u will get it back by then...However I also think u should raise an enquiry with the VO...Raise a CSE & send a mail to the inquiry mail id, informing them very politely abt ur upcoming travel dates and to request for an expedited stamping if possible....They are considerate and in many cases have responded positively...

For example u can see here->

arsh1988 said:
Hey guys...

First of all i would like to thank you all for all the information that everyone posted here..it was of great help. I have been a regular follower of the forum but i was not a member earlier. I have completed my whole process and there are some of my experiences which i would like to share with you all which would actually benefit those i believe who are still waiting for their 3rd line to get updated or waiting for their PPR.

Application sent on:- 04/08/2014
Received application on:- 11/08/2014
Received PER:- 02/12/2014
File processing started on:- 11/02/2015
Received Medical request on:- 28/02/2015
Medicals done on:- 04/03/2015
Medicals sent on:- 15/03/2015 (as told by the medical centre)

After this i was waiting for my 3rd line to get updated, march got past, April too and then May as well. I called my consultant they said its normal because the embassy people are under pressure as they have to clear so many other applications too so its normal if they do not update the 3rd line however they suggested me to wait as they said that it takes 2-3 months to get the passport request after the medicals are done. After being patient for long i thought that there can be a possibility that they could have forgotten to process my file. SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION NOW. On 1st JUNE 2015 i emailed them at delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca not asking them about anything but intimating them about my situation very briefly along with my name and application number and on NEXT DAY when i checked the status... MY 3RD LINE was updated. THEN on 9th JUNE 2015.. I AGAIN EMAILED THEM asking them briefly about the time it takes for the completion of the process AND on 11th JUNE 2015 i received my PPR along with DM on the status... ON 12th JUNE 2015 i submitted my passport to VFS... ON 15th JUNE 2015 it was forwarded to canada visa office in delhi and it was dispatched on 22nd JUNE 2015 and TODAY i have received the PR VISA :))))

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
GODWILLDO said:
Praise be God... YESssss..... GOD DID IT....
Received Visa stamped passports for us from Riyadh CHC......
Thanks to alll the members who supported throughout the journey...
Thanks to Ashifeee, Neel, Ananjay, Oscar7, Can01, Dsiraj, and all the members of the forum.. i apologize if anyone is missed..

My children does have surname but family name included along with their Given names , so in their passports surname is blank..
But, when we received the Visa and COPR their names are written in the Family name section and the Given names space is blank.. Will this be an issue later?????
Congrats nd +1..

No there is no issue...
If you don't have surname then your given name is written in family name column....

raj3264

Mar 13, 2015
machsaik said:
some useful things after landing shared over phone by one of my friend....landed mid June 2015....

don't criticize, don't deny...just take what is necessary for u and let the points remain as they are.....

1. COPR and passports and personal documents if you need.
2. Even INR statement is valid as POF. Did not ask for any thing to show at airport. Only questioned on how much cash is being carried personally.
3. Better to take Cash, DD and TC. Card is cumbersome and difficult to encash.
4. SIN if possible take it at airport. SIN form can be pre-filled and taken with us.
5. For all practical purposes you need SIN number. If you have not taken at airport though it is difficult try to get it on the same day when you land. All applicants have to go to Service Canada office to obtain SIN cards in their respective names (including kids).
6. Try and utilise maximum baggage that is allowed by airlines.
7. Try and book initial accommodation with kitchen if possible since getting hotel to eat is difficult especially if you have kids. Even if you get it may be far from where you stay.
8. Take as many kitchen utensils as possible. Also items like rice, aata, dal etc...required for cooking and eating for at least 15 days. Grocery stores are not so many that you can get it easily without knowing where to go. Even after finding them where they are, they could be far from where you stay. Until you figure out have your food stuff to eat.
9. Take medicines for cough, cold, fever kinds which you use regularly at least for 2 months. Normally there is no checking done at the airport. If possible get a prescription and keep it with medicines.
10. Try to find house which is near to subway station or at least one bus stop to station. This will help reduce transport times.
11. Most of the houses have smoke alarms fixed. So be careful.
12. You can take pooja items too. Avoid taking agarbatti's as they will emit smoke until you figure out that it is ok to light them.
13. Houses have electric stoves and not gas stoves or induction stoves. So most of the utensils that we have here are good to use there.
14. Check for house listings on website easy way to do rather than going through agents. This way you are sure about your budgets.
15. Apartment – is managed by third party. They are similar to what we have here. However, there are many apartments like 100, 200 houses in one locality and they call them apartments. These are generally unfurnished. Most of these have Electric Stove and Fridge inside and nothing else. Houses are centrally heated so we do not have to worry about winter season. These places are affordable.
16. Condos – are like furnished apartments. Little expensive than apartments.
17. Be careful about choosing basement apartments. Check the condition thoroughly and then rent it if required.
18. Normally, they have Base rent and Hydro(heating) included in the total rent that we pay. Electricity charges for other usage at home have to be paid extra.
19. Washing is common for all. Generally the washing machines are quite big. And it may cost approximately 4 CAD per wash and dry. So advice is to keep the washing activity once a week so that we can get value for money.
20. Clothes – our winter clothes are not useful. So do not try and buy more and take it. Whatever you have pack them for just initial use. Mostly half sleeve shirts are used and in winters tend to wear full hand shirts. Try and take some of the both. We can buy them there too. Not so expensive. Try not to spend too much here.
21. Ladies – if working try and take pant and shirts. Kurta's are not normally used as formal wears. Other wise it is personal choice. But generally outside is pant-shirt wear.
22. Kids – please take as many as possible because they tend to get dirty soon.
23. Silly but....carry as many undergarments as possible.
24. Carry Umbrella as it can rain any time. Monkey caps too.
25. All above on clothing, please keep in mind the washing facilities and carry as required.
26. Check if we can open NRO/NRE account in India. Looks like Kotak helps in opening before you leave so that we can transact online with Kotak.
Thanks for the information dude , However already bought the winter wears from here ....just a week back will take care rest of the points

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
machsaik said:
some useful things after landing shared over phone by one of my friend....landed mid June 2015....

don't criticize, don't deny...just take what is necessary for u and let the points remain as they are.....

2. Even INR statement is valid as POF. Did not ask for any thing to show at airport. Only questioned on how much cash is being carried personally.
4. SIN if possible take it at airport. SIN form can be pre-filled and taken with us.
5. For all practical purposes you need SIN number. If you have not taken at airport though it is difficult try to get it on the same day when you land. All applicants have to go to Service Canada office to obtain SIN cards in their respective names (including kids).
6. Try and utilise maximum baggage that is allowed by airlines.
7. Try and book initial accommodation with kitchen if possible since getting hotel to eat is difficult especially if you have kids. Even if you get it may be far from where you stay.
8. Take as many kitchen utensils as possible. Also items like rice, aata, dal etc...required for cooking and eating for at least 15 days. Grocery stores are not so many that you can get it easily without knowing where to go. Even after finding them where they are, they could be far from where you stay. Until you figure out have your food stuff to eat.
9. Take medicines for cough, cold, fever kinds which you use regularly at least for 2 months. Normally there is no checking done at the airport. If possible get a prescription and keep it with medicines.
10. Try to find house which is near to subway station or at least one bus stop to station. This will help reduce transport times.
11. Most of the houses have smoke alarms fixed. So be careful.
12. You can take pooja items too. Avoid taking agarbatti's as they will emit smoke until you figure out that it is ok to light them.
13. Houses have electric stoves and not gas stoves or induction stoves. So most of the utensils that we have here are good to use there.
14. Check for house listings on website easy way to do rather than going through agents. This way you are sure about your budgets.
15. Apartment – is managed by third party. They are similar to what we have here. However, there are many apartments like 100, 200 houses in one locality and they call them apartments. These are generally unfurnished. Most of these have Electric Stove and Fridge inside and nothing else. Houses are centrally heated so we do not have to worry about winter season. These places are affordable.
16. Condos – are like furnished apartments. Little expensive than apartments.
17. Be careful about choosing basement apartments. Check the condition thoroughly and then rent it if required.
18. Normally, they have Base rent and Hydro(heating) included in the total rent that we pay. Electricity charges for other usage at home have to be paid extra.
19. Washing is common for all. Generally the washing machines are quite big. And it may cost approximately 4 CAD per wash and dry. So advice is to keep the washing activity once a week so that we can get value for money.
20. Clothes – our winter clothes are not useful. So do not try and buy more and take it. Whatever you have pack them for just initial use. Mostly half sleeve shirts are used and in winters tend to wear full hand shirts. Try and take some of the both. We can buy them there too. Not so expensive. Try not to spend too much here.
21. Ladies – if working try and take pant and shirts. Kurta's are not normally used as formal wears. Other wise it is personal choice. But generally outside is pant-shirt wear.
22. Kids – please take as many as possible because they tend to get dirty soon.
23. Silly but....carry as many undergarments as possible.
24. Carry Umbrella as it can rain any time. Monkey caps too.
25. All above on clothing, please keep in mind the washing facilities and carry as required.
26. Check if we can open NRO/NRE account in India. Looks like Kotak helps in opening before you leave so that we can transact online with Kotak.
+1 for this useful info

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
HDG said:
Did u try to get in touch with them in
8 months ?
Yes i added my spouse before slu...
I send them addition documents (as requested) in feb...
In june got mr

yesh007p

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi Seniors and applicants,

I got a mail saying that background checks are going on.These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application.

I wanted to know when do these above mentioned checks get over.

Thanks Fellow applicants..

Sunsat

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
25-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-15. Third line updated: 27-04-15
Passport Req..
21-05-15
arkscan said:
I believe u will get it back by then...However I also think u should raise an enquiry with the VO...Raise a CSE & send a mail to the inquiry mail id, informing them very politely abt ur upcoming travel dates and to request for an expedited stamping if possible....They are considerate and in many cases have responded positively...

For example u can see here->
Thanks a lot Arkscan.. I will raise a cse tmorrow..

SonOfOdin

Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th June 2014
Nomination.....
2nd October 2014
Med's Request
26th November 2014
Med's Done....
11th December 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27th February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
25th February 2015
LANDED..........
9th June 2015
tm96 said:
Awesome. Thanks fr reverting. Pls suggest few good websites fr job application.
thnks in advance n wish u all the gud luck.
As I told before, I did not apply thru any job site. I was trying hard to get into Canada thru my employer in India. I was parallely talking to all my contacts in Canada. One referred and I cracked the interview.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
yesh007p said:
Hi Seniors and applicants,

I got a mail saying that background checks are going on.These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application.

I wanted to know when do these above mentioned checks get over.

Thanks Fellow applicants..
Hello Yesh,

Unfortunately there is no definitive answer to your query.

Each application is different.
The extent and nature of background checks vary from one application to another.
The verification process can take anywhere between a week to even few months.

All I can suggest is to be patient. If there is nothing wrong with the details u furnished, it is just a matter of time.

yesh007p

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi Applicants.
Below is the mail that i got from NDVO recently.Background verification and medical scrutiny must be done. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application.

Fellow applicants is there any time frame that is followed or and average time needed to get these above said formalities completed

sansphoenix

Mar 19, 2014
hi guys...

I have got a situation here.
Please help me.

Initially i have applied for fsw 2014 noc 2132.
My application reached cic on 8th august 2014, and they returned my file due to credit card payment issue on 12th dec, 2014.
I filled new fee payment form with new credit card details and sent to cic on the same day.

From then, I did not receive any kind of information till now (i.e 29th June, 2015).

Not knowing what to do.
Please advice.

Santosh

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
POSTIVE ELIGIBILTY REVIEWS 9TH DECEMBER 2014
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
2ND LINE UPDATED 2ND FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Request
REQUEST RECIEVED ON 23RD FEBRUARY 2015
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
JUNE 8TH 2015 PASSPORT SUBITTED:- 19TH JUNE 2015 !!! AS DECISION HAS BEEN MADE POSITIVE ONES!!! 8TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
15-08-2015 CAN BE ASAP AS WELL (BEFORE THAT DATE) AS I GET MAPLE PR VISA !!
machsaik said:

5. For all practical purposes you need SIN number. If you have not taken at airport though it is difficult try to get it on the same dRE account in India. Looks like Kotak helps in opening before you leave s
Deleted most of it intentionally to avoid page fills
Good info thanks +1

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
JUNE 8TH 2015 PASSPORT SUBITTED:- 19TH JUNE 2015 !!! AS DECISION HAS BEEN MADE POSITIVE ONES!!! 8TH MAY 2015
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
abhi0661 said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]HI

CAN ANYONE TELL THAT HOW MUCH DOLLARS WE CAN CARRY IN CASH FROM INDIA LEGALLY?

AS I'M HAVING MY FLIGHT OF 4 AUGUST NEED TO PLAN MANY THINGS ACCORDINGLY.

REPLY WILL HELP TO MANY I SUPPOSE.

REGARDS
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Max cash 10 k USD I think

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
vsai said:
Friends help required pls...i and my wife are travelling in august, do we need to show 10k for each or 10k cad dollars for both, i am thinking its for both 10k....appreciate ur help on this.

@ arkscan can u pls help on this query.....

gud luck to everyone all the best....
The amount you showed at cio and vo is exactly the amount u need to carry 14500 CAD

maym99

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDV0
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
IELTS Request
Sent already!!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10TH MARCH 2015
Interview........
WAIVED YES!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ITS UNDER PROCESS
LANDED..........
Xavier Sharma said:
Hi guys

Some advice from seniors much appreciated.

I have completed my + families medicas last week so I'm hoping to get passport requests within a month.

My current passport expires in March 2016, and our aim is to land in Nov 15. I've been advised to renew my passport but not sure whether there is actually a need or requirement to do so.

Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you
It should be valid for at least 6 months on date of travel also on date of passport submission