+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

lallal

Feb 28, 2015
1st-Observer said:
[size=10pt]Thank you for getting the discussion started.

Off course there a tonnes of jobs posted on that ghost website, so what is actually happening on ground?
From the information I have gathered so far, I find reasonable evidence to suspect that it depends on your FIRST and LAST names. See below:

canadianimmigrant.ca/community/integration/an-immigrants-struggles-in-canada
newseastwest.com/dont-make-the-mistake-of-migrating-to-canada-its-a-fools-paradise/

I can send hundreds of links, including a recent bill proposal which, if it succeeds, will prohibit employers from refusing employment by using the "Canadian experience" clause, a systematic discrimination in the employment market.

Besides you can also ask sincere landed friends, and post your responses here. I'm sure they'll tell you about the massive government advertisement, "Employ an immigrant", that falls on stone deaf eyes.

What am I trying to say? Simply put, read the above links - focusing on the comments where you'll always find truth, then you'll be dismayed as to why we are refusing to even discuss these issues here. I earlier referred to this as a recurrent plague that must now be eradicated from this forum.

Please discuss with landed friends and keep posting your comments here.

As for myself, I'm a Software Engineer working in the EU and I am afraid to resign my job, this decision was made after talking to a sincere landed friend and carrying online research by myself. You can also Google with keywords and you'll find research articles outlining how the response from employers reduce drastically when Asian/Middle Eastern/African sounding names are substituted on resumes relative to English/American/European sounding first and last names.
[/size]
the link u gave isnt opening... but i agree with you to a certain extent... especially to people who would require to acquire certifications to bridge the gap, i think its called regulated jobs.. and i think most of the people here and open to RISK of not finding a job for sometime.. and at the same time.. OPTIMISTIC that thy will get it...sooner or later... struggle is part of anybodys life... on a equal note, we should not get disheartened by reading few -ve experiences as there are equally +ve experiences.. to share...

but your inputs will definitely prepare people to be well aware of the consequences.. and will make us think of alternate solutions.. plan b, plan c and plan d... please share latest links and inputs... would be intrested to read and prep up my self well...

engr.adnan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Don't Know when !!!
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2015 for Spouse & Me | New Baby Medical on 15/03/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2015-----------Passport Submitted on 06/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passports Received on 29/04/2015
LANDED..........
Insh'Allah Soon
click.trick said:
Hi Adnan

Its nice to catch you here again... once again congrats for the PPR, and dont worry about DM, i know a friend who submitted passport to VFS islamabad and waiting for DM since 1 week. it does not matter... stay blessed..

Please tell me about your friends experience who have landed, do we engineers require to be PE prior to get a job related to our profession?

I am NOC 2133, and once i get PPR, will start seriously working on job search.
Do pray for my PPR :)
Regards
One of my friend is working as Project Manager in Shell Petroleum Retail Department. He is saying that after landing we should apply for PE. But we can't get the PE until we should have the following requirements fulfill,

1. Qualification will be assessed by provincial regulatory body.
2. Minimum 4 years verifiable working experience in engineering.
3. English Test either IELTS or CLB
4. One Year Canadian Experience.

Once you apply and you comply with point no. 1, 2, 3 then regulatory body will give you provisional license so that you can get you 1 year Canadian experience. After that you will get PE.

engr.adnan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Don't Know when !!!
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2015 for Spouse & Me | New Baby Medical on 15/03/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2015-----------Passport Submitted on 06/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passports Received on 29/04/2015
LANDED..........
Insh'Allah Soon
1st-Observer said:

Off course there a tonnes of jobs posted on that ghost website, so what is actually happening on ground?
From the information I have gathered so far, I find reasonable evidence to suspect that it depends on your FIRST and LAST names. See below:

newseastwest.com/dont-make-the-mistake-of-migrating-to-canada-its-a-fools-paradise/

I can send hundreds of links, including a recent bill proposal which, if it succeeds, will prohibit employers from refusing employment by using the "Canadian experience" clause, a systematic discrimination in the employment market.

As for myself, I'm a Software Engineer working in the EU and I am afraid to resign my job, this decision was made after talking to a sincere landed friend and carrying online research by myself. You can also Google with keywords and you'll find research articles outlining how the response from employers reduce drastically when Asian/Middle Eastern/African sounding names are substituted on resumes relative to English/American/European sounding first and last names.
[/size]

I have only one question from any one who has shared his bad experience in these type of links. Why they are still in Canada. As Canada is not there country where they took birth. So they should immediately leave Canada and should come to their native countries. What is the meaning of driving taxi in Canada roads when they can get a good job back in their home countries. Actually every body knows that Immigration is a risk and I think Its good to identify the risks involved. Any body body want to change his life then he should take a risk. Marriage is also a risk but we take. Switching new job is also a risk. So we should identify the risks then we should make a plan to mitigate the risk associated with Immigration, I will tell you how one can mitigate some risks,

1. We should do a lot of research about our profession in Canada, its scope, job opportunities available.
2. We should have relevant degrees and courses which are required to get a job in our profession. Immediately when we land we should start bridging programs so that we can fill the skills gap.
3. We should improve our language skills. If someone has taken IELTS 7 band it doesn't mean he has full control on language.
4. We should not have high expectations for minimum 2 to 3 years. We should be ready to work in junior posts until we get familiar with Canadian environment.
5. We should learn a lot and research a lot about the country so that when we immigrate we should not feel our self very new.
6. We should have at least 1 years expenses which is nearly CAD$ 20,000 with us available. In case if we don't get job quickly.

There can be too much points to be discuss to mitigate or to minimize the risks of immigration. Do you know I find many applicants in different forums who are going to start Engineering Profession in Canada, they got their visa stamped and ready to land but still they don't know that Engineering is a regulatory profession in Canada. Now please you tell me if some one landed in this situation he would not be surprised by this bomb?

Lot of people are starting survival jobs with in 2 months after landing as they don't have enough funds with them, so they can't focus on their job searching. Because even though they are doing survival jobs but these are full time so they can't get time to fully focus on the job searching related to their career.

I chat with one lady from Pakistan she had done Phd in English from Pakistan. She is currently working as Associate Professor. She got PR in Canada. She is thinking that she can pursue Teaching career in English in Canada as well. So now you tell me, can she pursue the same career in Canada?. The answer is no. Why because the English level in Canada is totally different than Pakistan. Now if she go there and say I didn't get job in my profession than who take wrong decision?

If I will discuss then the list will be big so better not to take down the moral of applicants who dream to go Canada. Its a humble request as this is not the thread to discuss the job prospects in Canada. So we should focus on the Thread Name " FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here " .

1st-Observer

Apr 5, 2015
lallal said:
the link u gave isnt opening... but i agree with you to a certain extent... especially to people who would require to acquire certifications to bridge the gap, i think its called regulated jobs.. and i think most of the people here and open to RISK of not finding a job for sometime.. and at the same time.. OPTIMISTIC that thy will get it...sooner or later... struggle is part of anybodys life... on a equal note, we should not get disheartened by reading few -ve experiences as there are equally +ve experiences.. to share...

but your inputs will definitely prepare people to be well aware of the consequences.. and will make us think of alternate solutions.. plan b, plan c and plan d... please share latest links and inputs... would be intrested to read and prep up my self well...
[size=10pt]Hi Lalla, thanks for your response.

You can copy the link above and paste it on a web browser, it should open just fine. After making my application, I decided to focus on the +Ve until a landed and sincere friend issued a strong warning against resigning my current job due to his observation of FSW immigrants situation on arrival.

Consequently, I've preferred to open up for the truth rather than being delusional, as I'll be the one affected directly. Some other links below.

macleans.ca/economy/business/land-of-misfortune/
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-why-is-it-so-hard-t63058.30.html

Please note that I'm aware of the regulated profession barrier, this is not what is being discussed on these links. Neither are they talking about minimum wage jobs or survival jobs. FSW applicants are being selected based on some criteria, therefore, our focus ought to be on securing a job commensurate with the yard stick that was used in this selection. And the links above seem to be toxic to most of this ambition.

Finally, I'll prefer to focus on the +Ve, therefore, I'll ask you to post some +Ve links, at least there may be light at the end of the tunnel.
[/size]

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kinji84 said:
Guys,

I have received my MR, PCC and RPRF request. i have my below mentioned time line and questions.

App recd : 2014-11-03
PER Recd : 2015-02-03
MR recd : 2015-04-01
Visa Office : CPC-Ottawa

(1) Received MR Email, but second line not updated yet. Is this Normal?
(2) In MR Email, it says I have to submit my and my wife's PCC for USA, I already submitted My PCC with file, Do i have to submit it again?

Thanks in advance and Good luck to all for the speedy process.
Congrats!

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
1st-Observer said:

Besides you can also ask sincere landed friends, and post your responses here. I'm sure they'll tell you about the massive government advertisement, "Employ an immigrant", that falls on stone deaf eyes.

What am I trying to say? Simply put, read the above links - focusing on the comments where you'll always find truth, then you'll be dismayed as to why we are refusing to even discuss these issues here. I earlier referred to this as a recurrent plague that must now be eradicated from this forum.

[/size]
My take is if you put work experience & education from countries other than Canada or USA you will find it more difficult. This is understandable because work culture is very different there than in other countries (especially in Asia & Africa). As a lot of other people pointed out, command of English & French will be advantageous too but with Canadian accent ;)

Everyone should know, job won't be served to them as soon as they land in Canada. No one ever promised this. Some people will get it in 1 or 2 months while others may struggle for longer. Be prepared to take a job in your field irrespective of which level. For example: if you hope to get Senior Developer job, then be prepared to take Associate Developer or Developer job. Get Canadian experience under your belt.

Getting a degree from Canada or US is also considered better than from other countries. Degrees though are expensive & time consuming. Try to get some international standardized certifications instead. Don't wait until you are in Canada to look for certification options. Certification training in Canada is very expensive. So you will most likely prepare for it on your own once you are there. So better start now & come prepared :)

QueenAngel

Mar 5, 2015
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-09-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the Application Docs
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
June 2, 2015; MR received between June 10-12, 2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
July 02, 2015; PP's Received July 6, 2015; DM July 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 24, 2015
LANDED..........
September 2015
viji0158 said:
Thanks for the info,Mikey :)
What i know & what's indicated in the website is that any fswp, if there is an employment offer complete with docs to substantiate the claim, no pof is required.

Edwin sam

Dec 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
AOR Received.
PER 01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
05-02-2015
Med's Request
21-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully by October 2015
Johnny31 said:
Congrats!
[Please read the email very carefully as to whose PCC is required. If it is clearly written that PCC for you and your spouse is required, then thats what you have to give. You should also check the document that you had sent earlier. Is there any reason why that could have been possibly rejected. I would still suggest read the IMM1017.pdf file very carefully that you received from donotreply@cic.gc.ca]

1st-Observer

Apr 5, 2015
justChill_FSW2014 said:
My take is if you put work experience & education from countries other than Canada or USA you will find it more difficult. This is understandable because work culture is very different there than in other countries (especially in Asia & Africa). As a lot of other people pointed out, command of English & French will be advantageous too but with Canadian accent ;)

Everyone should know, job won't be served to them as soon as they land in Canada. No one ever promised this. Some people will get it in 1 or 2 months while others may struggle for longer. Be prepared to take a job in your field irrespective of which level. For example: if you hope to get Senior Developer job, then be prepared to take Associate Developer or Developer job. Get Canadian experience under your belt.

Getting a degree from Canada or US is also considered better than from other countries. Degrees though are expensive & time consuming. Try to get some international standardized certifications instead. Don't wait until you are in Canada to look for certification options. Certification training in Canada is very expensive. So you will most likely prepare for it on your own once you are there. So better start now & come prepared :)

[size=10pt]While hoping that I'm not dragging anyone into an argument here, I want to make it clear that the links where posted in hopes that people who can read will, at least, read the content and become more aware of the impending risks involved. I'm not sure if there is a way to mitigate such risks or rely on prayers.

I'll post all 5 links here again:

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-why-is-it-so-hard-t63058.30.html

The first link above contains an extract from a University of Toronto research that was carried out sometime ago, I quote.

"The practice smacks of discrimination. University of Toronto economist Philip Oreopoulos sent thousands of resumés to posted job ads and found that changing the name on a resumé from anglophone to Indian or Chinese reduced responses from employers by 50 per cent, with most employers saying they assume a foreign name meant the worker had poor English."

Considering the above and the other links as a whole, I can conclude that this is not about the competence or English level of the subjects, neither is it about where their degrees were obtained as a majority of the subjects obtained their degrees from the US, EU or FSW that had redone their master degree in Canada. Even FSW immigrants that have been educated in the US and with 20 years + experience are facing the same problems due their ethnicity. Assuming that non English sounding names had poorer skill sets is discriminatory, be warned!
[/size]

justChill_FSW2014

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
1st-Observer said:
[size=10pt]While hoping that I'm not dragging anyone into an argument here, I want to make it clear that the links where posted in hopes that people who can read will, at least, read the content and become more aware of the impending risks involved. I'm not sure if there is a way to mitigate such risks or rely on prayers.

I'll post all 5 links here again:

The first link above contains an extract from a University of Toronto research that was carried out sometime ago, I quote.

"The practice smacks of discrimination. University of Toronto economist Philip Oreopoulos sent thousands of resumés to posted job ads and found that changing the name on a resumé from anglophone to Indian or Chinese reduced responses from employers by 50 per cent, with most employers saying they assume a foreign name meant the worker had poor English."

Considering the above and the other links as a whole, I can conclude that this is not about the competence or English level of the subjects, neither is it about where their degrees were obtained as a majority of the subjects obtained their degrees from the US, EU or FSW that had redone their master degree in Canada. Even FSW immigrants that have been educated in the US and with 20 years + experience are facing the same problems due their ethnicity.
[/size]
Don't worry mate. This is a discussion forum so people can share their views with others :) it's a free world & you are not dragging anyone in any argument. respect your views too. hope things get better for you soon. good luck :)

singh_07

Apr 5, 2015
Hello...Please help me on this

Visa office--Delhi

CIC file recieved on .6/06/2014

PER-3/10/2014

2nd line update-20/11/2014

after this no update,please share some info abt it..

khare smita

Feb 27, 2015
shah81 said:
CSE is case specific inquiry...you can raise it to VO with your UCI or application no...
what is your visa office? is it new delhi? if yes then it is really strange that you got your passport request before MR...
also what is your application date? and what mail you received from VO for PPR...just copy the format of that mail removing your name, application no and other personal details so we better could understand the situation...

Thanks

31 March 2015

File Number: -

Email: -

Dear ,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in New Delhi. Please see the VFS Visa Application Centre (India) website for details on how to transmit your passports to the Canadian High Commission: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/India/.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. You passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications,see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3998E_tempA.pdf.

3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)
If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address.

If sent by regular mail or Canada Post Xpresspost (recommended option)

CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9

Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line: http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

If sent by private courier (only)

CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

If you choose to not provide us with a return Xpresspost envelope, we will return your passport(s) via regular mail (Canada Post Lettermail). Passport(s) will not be returned by private courier. Do not provide any pre-paid courier envelopes: These will not be used.

5) PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE, AND CHILDREN:
(Please continue on a separate sheet if you have additional children)

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

toletik

Feb 3, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015 3rd line update 23rd March 2015 DD encashed on 3rd April.
Passport Req..
GOT ON 07-05-2015 SUBMITTED ON 11TH MAY 2015
EvanBourn said:
No, The VO looks for any diseases dangerous for Canada like TB, HIV and other diseases which may be of concern. High bp will not be a problem, so relax.!!
I have 140/90 when I had my medicals but I got thru so BP is not a problem.

toletik

Feb 3, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015 3rd line update 23rd March 2015 DD encashed on 3rd April.
Passport Req..
GOT ON 07-05-2015 SUBMITTED ON 11TH MAY 2015
engr.adnan said:
One of my friend is working as Project Manager in Shell Petroleum Retail Department. He is saying that after landing we should apply for PE. But we can't get the PE until we should have the following requirements fulfill,

1. Qualification will be assessed by provincial regulatory body.
2. Minimum 4 years verifiable working experience in engineering.
3. English Test either IELTS or CLB
4. One Year Canadian Experience.

Once you apply and you comply with point no. 1, 2, 3 then regulatory body will give you provisional license so that you can get you 1 year Canadian experience. After that you will get PE.
Hi I want to share my views. PE is not required for construction industry like general cintractors etc.it is only useful for design engineers.