+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

gary26

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
hi Members

The app status says DM made on Oct 23th , but there is no ppr yet .

what can be the reason for delay ? i m worried :(

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gary26 said:
hi Members

It can take up to one month to send you the RFV letter.

Niisha.Sharma

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
File Transfer...
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2015, Medical Results Recd on 22-10-15
Interview........
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
05 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10 Nov 2015
LANDED..........
soon ( Jan 2016)
gary26 said:
hi Members

Hi

Dont Worry ..!!

Even My DM was made on 23rd Oct..but I recd PPR on 05 Nov 15. (along with many other members of this forum :))

You may also get PPR soon..!!

LazyBoy7199

Sep 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (Changed to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br><b>Initial App:</b> 29-05-2014 <br><b>Rejected/Returned:</b> 15-10-2014 <br><b>Reapplied:</b> 05-11-2014
Nomination.....
<br><b>CC Charged:</b> 08-Jan-2015 <br><b>PER:</b> 30-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
<br><b>AOR:</b>24-Feb-2015 (WVO) <br><b> SLU: </b> 17-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
L:8.5 ; R:7.5 ; W:7.0 ; S:8.0
Med's Request
06-May-2015
Med's Done....
<br><b> Med Done: </b> 11-May-2015 <br><b>Re-Med: </b> 13-Aug-2015 <br><b>TLU: </b> 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
22-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Dec-2015
renegadee said:
It is the actual GCMS report ordering link where any Canadian PR holder/ citizen (i.e. your sibling) can seek information for any other person (i.e. YOU) if the person send authority to that Canadian PR holder/ citizen.

3rd part company do the business taking 25 to 40 dollars since many applicants do not have anyone in Canada.

So go ahead applying through ur sibling !!

Thanks
Thanks renegadee! +1 to you.

msa22

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
/Photo requested: 05-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
14-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted in ADVO: 19-Oct-2015, Received with visa: 28-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
28-Nov-15
Dear All,

Need guidance from this excellent forum members on my future plan.

I am working in UAE and have planned do short landing end of this month, move completely by May 2016. After staying a week in Canada I will fall back to UAE, my country of residence/work.

I would require to apply for parents supervisa for my mother who is also living with us in UAE as my father passed away. She has UAE residence visa under my sponsorship.

I understand for applying parents supervisa, I need to have specific income. Now since I am not completely moving to Canada until next May 2016, I want to apply for supervisa now, showing my current income derived in UAE. Therefore my mother can move with me to Canada. Though I will not be renting any apartment in Canada until I finally move, I can provide an address there for this purpose. Note, I will have COPR only (PR card will take time) and also fulfill the income requirement for family/parents supervisa.

My question is it do-able? As a PR, can I apply for my mother now using my current outside Canada income, in the embassy of UAE, my current country of residence?

Would be grateful for your kind guidance.

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Medicals Received: 14-Oct-2015
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
msa22 said:
Dear All,

Need guidance from this excellent forum members on my future plan.

I am working in UAE and have planned do short landing end of this month, move completely by May 2016. After staying a week in Canada I will fall back to UAE, my country of residence/work.

I would require to apply for parents supervisa for my mother who is also living with us in UAE as my father passed away. She has UAE residence visa under my sponsorship.

I understand for applying parents supervisa, I need to have specific income. Now since I am not completely moving to Canada until next May 2016, I want to apply for supervisa now, showing my current income derived in UAE. Therefore my mother can move with me to Canada. Though I will not be renting any apartment in Canada until I finally move, I can provide an address there for this purpose. Note, I will have COPR only (PR card will take time) and also fulfill the income requirement for family/parents supervisa.

My question is it do-able? As a PR, can I apply for my mother now using my current outside Canada income, in the embassy of UAE, my current country of residence?

Would be grateful for your kind guidance.
To be able to get a Super Visa, one of the requirements is that You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. If you show that there is NOBODY else to take care of your mother in your home country then chances are it can be refused. The ties of a person with their home country must be established for a super visa. Secondly you must be a PR to sponsor your parent for a super visa, currently you are NOT a Permanent Resident, you become one only after you land.

See this from cic.gc.ca
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:

be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
be allowed to enter Canada and
meet certain other conditions.
Note: You cannot include dependants in this application.

Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. An officer will look at these things when you apply:

your ties to your home country,
the purpose of your visit,
your family and finances,
the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:

prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
have an immigration medical exam.

msa22

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
/Photo requested: 05-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
14-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted in ADVO: 19-Oct-2015, Received with visa: 28-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
28-Nov-15
Al_Safaniyah123 said:
To be able to get a Super Visa, one of the requirements is that You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. If you show that there is NOBODY else to take care of your mother in your home country then chances are it can be refused. The ties of a person with their home country must be established for a super visa. Secondly you must be a PR to sponsor your parent for a super visa, currently you are NOT a Permanent Resident, you become one only after you land.
Thank you very much for your response, I came to know these from the link. I will arrange accordingly.

However my question remains same: Is it do-able? As a PR, can I apply for my mother now using my current outside Canada income, in the embassy of UAE, my current country of residence?

Anyone with similar experience can kindly shed some light?

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
msa22 said:
Thank you very much for your response, I came to know these from the link. I will arrange accordingly.

However my question remains same: Is it do-able? As a PR, can I apply for my mother now using my current outside Canada income, in the embassy of UAE, my current country of residence?

Anyone with similar experience can kindly shed some light?
Yes you can do it, but as i said you MUST land first, become a PR and then when you're back in UAE, apply for a supervisa for your mother with the income you make in the UAE, nowhere is it mentioned that the income must be made inside Canada.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on this thread.

Just wanted to share an update: My ECAS status was updated to Completed couple of weeks ago, and 7th line now says I became a permanent resident on 26 Sept at Vancouver IVR!

I also wanted to share details of my landing experience as I've had few people contacting me about process:

- I landed in Vancouver (despite the fact that I had selected Ontario as my destination in PR application forms)
- Immigration has two stages for landing PRs. I first had entry clearance (passport stamping / visa check) on my Indian passport. Once that is done, you're in Canada by all practical sense. However, you haven't yet activated your Permanent Residence. That will be next step, you'll have to find immigration office within airport arrivals.
- I carried bank statement as proof of funds, however (like almost everyone else I have spoken to) I wasn't asked for any proof of funds. They do ask how much cash you're carrying, however that is ONLY for customs purpose (as you need to declare source if you're carrying over $10,000 anywhere in the world, not just Canada)
- Luckily for me airport was pretty much empty so I had my turn straight away.
- Officer did ask for my address, I informed officer that I am on a short two week trip so he said he will take a friend's address and then my friend can post the card to my address in the UK. I gave a friend's address in Ottawa for delivery of PR card as I informed.
- Then we were asked to wait for a little bit, and that's it! We were given stamped copy of our COPR and we were all set to leave the airport, for us total process took about 20 minutes.

For those traveling to Vancouver, taxis are fixed price, $31 for majority of downtown Vancouver areas and $35 for some downtown, plus 10% tip is customary!

Toronto Pearson is bit further out so taxis will cost about $55 to get to downtown plus 10% tip!

Good luck.

renegadee

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Previously SGVO, currently Manila
NOC Code......
0911 (Operational Manager)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App Received first week, Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
Last week, Nov 2014
AOR Received.
First week, Jan 2015
Med's Request
Middle of October 2015
Med's Done....
Within two days of MR req.
Passport Req..
within 3 weeks of MR/ 2nd week of November 15
VISA ISSUED...
after 1 week of PPR. PPR received in 3rd week of Dec 15
LANDED..........
Not decided the time.
Jaxon911 said:
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on this thread.

Just wanted to share an update: My ECAS status was updated to Completed couple of weeks ago, and 7th line now says I became a permanent resident on 26 Sept at Vancouver IVR!

I also wanted to share details of my landing experience as I've had few people contacting me about process:

- I landed in Vancouver (despite the fact that I had selected Ontario as my destination in PR application forms)
- Immigration has two stages for landing PRs. I first had entry clearance (passport stamping / visa check) on my Indian passport. Once that is done, you're in Canada by all practical sense. However, you haven't yet activated your Permanent Residence. That will be next step, you'll have to find immigration office within airport arrivals.
- I carried bank statement as proof of funds, however (like almost everyone else I have spoken to) I wasn't asked for any proof of funds. They do ask how much cash you're carrying, however that is ONLY for customs purpose (as you need to declare source if you're carrying over $10,000 anywhere in the world, not just Canada)
- Luckily for me airport was pretty much empty so I had my turn straight away.
- Officer did ask for my address, I informed officer that I am on a short two week trip so he said he will take a friend's address and then my friend can post the card to my address in the UK. I gave a friend's address in Ottawa for delivery of PR card as I informed.
- Then we were asked to wait for a little bit, and that's it! We were given stamped copy of our COPR and we were all set to leave the airport, for us total process took about 20 minutes.

For those traveling to Vancouver, taxis are fixed price, $31 for majority of downtown Vancouver areas and $35 for some downtown, plus 10% tip is customary!

Toronto Pearson is bit further out so taxis will cost about $55 to get to downtown plus 10% tip!

Good luck.
After landing, can you re-enter in Canada with the same VISA given to you at the time of PPR ? I have heard that you can not.

Or is it like after the PR card , you can re-enter in canada ?

This portion aint clear to me and pardon me for this naive ques !!!

Congrats on your successful landing and wishing u best in upcoming days !

Thanks

Al_Safaniyah123

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha Allah Soon
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
renegadee said:
After landing, can you re-enter in Canada with the same VISA given to you at the time of PPR ? I have heard that you can not.

Thanks
The PR Visa counterfoil is a ONE TIME entry visa only. to re-enter Canada you will need your PR Card or a PR Travel Document (Which i am not sure of), but yeah you cannot enter Canada a second time with the PR Visa stamped on your passport. Hope that answers your query.

amitrathiesh

Jul 13, 2015
Toronto, CA
Visa Office......
NDVO->CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
14 Mar 2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
07 May 2015
IELTS Request
23 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
14 Mar 2015
Med's Request
02 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2015 Med's Received: 16 Oct 2015
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
20 Jan 2016 Decision Made: 20 Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2016
LANDED..........
13 Mar 2016
renegadee said:

Thanks
No you can't re-enter Canada with the visa as its for single entry. But once you get your PR card, you can. :)