+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
Nomination.....
18 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
04 Sep 2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2015 and Submitted on 02 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received back 09 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Dec 2015
Amit28 said:
Hey guys,

After a prolonged wait, I have now received my visa and also got my tickets booked for 24th Feb '16 to Toronto. Couple of questions I have:

1. I intend to carry a travellers cheque and some cash, is carrying a travellers cheque best option or opening a bank account from India itself is?
2. A friend of mine who lives in Midtown Toronto, said there aren't any 1 bhk apartments less than $1200 and that I should also consider living in Mississauga. What are the best websites to search for apartments in Mississauga?
3. I am the primary applicant whose, of course, ECA is done but my husband's isn't, so should we get his education credentials assessed from here itself or after migrating there?

Thanks in anticipation!!
Vaishali
Hello,

1) I think, travellers cheque is good option if you wish to carry money with you. However, I think you should carry travellers cheque & cash for initial expenses.
It is worth to check transferwise . com to transfer your rest fund to Canada once you have your Bank account. Check with HSBC they normally help to open account before you reach but they will charge for it.

2) I think, you can do either way but I will advise to do it before you reach to Canada to avoid any issue afterwards.

imm2canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015, Passport received : 22-08-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2016
digandhi said:
Hello,

1) I think, travellers cheque is good option if you wish to carry money with you. However, I think you should carry travellers cheque & cash for initial expenses.
It is worth to check transferwise . com to transfer your rest fund to Canada once you have your Bank account. Check with HSBC they normally help to open account before you reach but they will charge for it.

2) I think, you can do either way but I will advise to do it before you reach to Canada to avoid any issue afterwards.
Hi Digandhi and senoirs,

With reference to your response on WES, i have a question

I am thinking to send my wife's(dependent applicant) educational transcripts to WES for credential assessment. I see on the WES web home page as "For Immigrants", I hope this is the one I need to select for her educational assessment.

Does any one have info on how long WES is taking now for this assessment?

safibaig

May 15, 2014
doc2015 said:
Dear,
Don't worry, just send it now.
And send an email to your VO informing of the second mail package. (add "URGENT" in the subject line of the email).

Hope it helps
doc2015
Already intimated them about the missing letter.... but that letter does not contain anything. It was just a medical certificates request letter telling me what documents I need to submit. I have sent all the documents mentioned in that. They mentioned I have to return that letter with the package... thats what I missed... confused :( If I send that letter in another package, then that does not make any sense as they have already received those documents.

Jammy2174

Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014(PER)
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-09-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2015 (DM: 23-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2015
Syed07283 said:
Hello friends,

Can anyone suggest me good suburbs where I can get affordable 1 room condo apartments in Toronto Ontario.

I will be leaving in Jan 2016

Syed07283
Condo is a bit of expensive, I would suggest to look for apartments. You need to decide in which area you want to stay, nothing is good or bad, all are same. I don't think that Jan/Feb would be a good time to land here, because that time it would be very cold and job opening would be very less.

Jammy2174

Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014(PER)
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2015
digandhi said:
Hi,

I have a situation. For which I am happy and worried as well.

Actually, We come to know that My wife is 2.5 months pregnant after booking my tickets(Jan 2016) to Toronto so She will be 5 months pregnant by then.

I am happy because new member is coming to join us soon and worried because I am not sure How I can get medical services for my wife from day 1.

I heard that Toronto provides Medical cover for pregnant women from day one but i am unable to find this anywhere on authorized website.

It will be great help if someone can help/guide me “which is the best option to give her medical services in Canada from Day 1?”

Any kind of information regarding it will be much helpful

thanks!
You will receive Ontario Health Card 1 week before 3 months completed and start using after completion of 3 months. While applying your health card, you need to provide them valid address proof. Even, if you apply 1 or 2 months after landing, you can only use after 3 months. So, I would suggest before landing, consult with health insurance whose coverage you will take.

Calgary14

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jammy2174 said:
You will receive Ontario Health Card 1 week before 3 months completed and start using after completion of 3 months. While applying your health card, you need to provide them valid address proof. Even, if you apply 1 or 2 months after landing, you can only use after 3 months. So, I would suggest before landing, consult with health insurance whose coverage you will take.
I have read that Alberta/Calgary /Edmonton offers health insurance from day 1 .

Pls check out

Jammy2174

Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
07-08-2014(PER)
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2015
Calgary14 said:
I have read that Alberta/Calgary /Edmonton offers health insurance from day 1 .

Pls check out
That's for Alberta Province not for Ontario. In Ontario province, it takes 3 months.

srujalpatel

Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-6-2014
Nomination.....
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-1-2015
IELTS Request
with file
Med's Request
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Hi friends
There is an urgent matter with file
I have paid rprf with DD cleared medicals on 22 Oct but my spouse PCC is applied on 30 Oct and I need to submit it before 12.11.15 but looking at working speed of passport seva Kendra I don't think I will be able to submit the same on time.
More over I got miss call on my number from ndvo but could not talk when I called back they said not possible to trace person who called

What should I do if can't submit PCC before 12.11.15 should I inform them about same
How much time does it takes to issue PCC from passport seva Kendra?

Srujal

agmaa

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Dear all,

I'm fsw2014 Cairo VO (PER 8-Aug-2014).

I did MR last July, and I sent updated "Schedule A forms", PCC and paid RPRF yesterday as per Cairo VO request.

1- At this stage, have I passed the background (employment not security) check?.
2- When is the next step? and when to expect it?.

Many thanks in advance for your kind reply.

AgMaA

raphael22

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line update: 7th Oct 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Documents
File Transfer...
21-10-2014
Med's Request
9th Oct 2015
Med's Done....
17th Oct 2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
9th Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Nov 2015
LANDED..........
March-2016
srujalpatel said:
Hi friends
There is an urgent matter with file
I have paid rprf with DD cleared medicals on 22 Oct but my spouse PCC is applied on 30 Oct and I need to submit it before 12.11.15 but looking at working speed of passport seva Kendra I don't think I will be able to submit the same on time.
More over I got miss call on my number from ndvo but could not talk when I called back they said not possible to trace person who called

What should I do if can't submit PCC before 12.11.15 should I inform them about same
How much time does it takes to issue PCC from passport seva Kendra?

Srujal
Srujal...u approach the commissioner office and your local police station. The speed at which they submit the police verification report the faster you shall receive it. They may or may not ask u for money but it all depends on these two places. It may take a few trips but it might get u the pcx before deadline.

SpaceX

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-14
Nomination.....
17-11-14
File Transfer...
24-12-14
Med's Done....
3rd Line updated 31-01-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/03/15
LANDED..........
October 2015
Landing Experience -

Hello All - Landed a week back
I had opened an account with the Sciotia Bank and transferred funds (the whole processes takes 2 weeks and then you may request proof by Fax or regular post on bank letterhead which may take another 2 weeks)

I landed at Toronto Person Int Airport.

After you get down use the facilities as you may be in queue's for over an hour from this point

The Immigration check border Agency asked a few questions and then guided us to the Immigration counter this took 20 min. All travellers with VISA higher then 6 months get directed here and during my time that seemed higher so we had a queue of 16 people with 3 counters serving them. It took nearly 35 minutes to reach the counter. During this time in both the queue you have access to water (and toilet on request).

At the Immigration officer desk- She did not require my PR card forms. she said we do that online now and then asked us to sign the COPR after taking the passport and COPR asked us to sit and wait in the waiting area for 15 min. Then she returned the passport and COPR.

Services Canada Counter was luckily open-
Here they handed us a slip with 5 basic questions and asked us to fill them out. your last name, given name, mothers maden name, local address etc

They filled it in and handed over a printed SIN number.

Then we passed through the Canada information Booth section again made a note of our entrance and then gave relevant information hand-outs and Medical forms for Insurance registration.

Customs
After picking up our bags we were asked if we had goods to follow and then guided to the Custom's section
Here too there was a small queue and after we reached the officer -
he reviewed the list with all the items and pictures. Then he decided the way we had filled the B4 as per list was not efficient for him. So he removed those and filled out a B4 himself based on the calculation and print out we had. Printed 2 copies and recreated 2 sets.
(B4a not required as you have printed list with Value and pictures)
Then he went and created invoices / receipt proof for both the sets. Stamped our set and handed it over.

Overall the processes was smooth but the waiting in queue was tiring.

Please carry some dry snack especially if you have kids for this time.

doc2015

Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Photos:10-03-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 20-02-2015
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
SpaceX said:
Landing Experience -

Services Canada Counter was luckily open- What day and time did you land ?
Here they handed us a slip with 5 basic questions and asked us to fill them out. your last name, given name, mothers maden name, local address etc

They filled it in and handed over a printed SIN number.

Then we passed through the Canada information Booth section again made a note of our entrance and then gave relevant information hand-outs and Medical forms for Insurance registration. Were the forms of OHIP ?

Customs
After picking up our bags we were asked if we had goods to follow and then guided to the Custom's section
Here too there was a small queue and after we reached the officer -
he reviewed the list with all the items and pictures. Then he decided the way we had filled the B4 as per list was not efficient for him. So he removed those and filled out a B4 himself based on the calculation and print out we had. Printed 2 copies and recreated 2 sets.
(B4a not required as you have printed list with Value and pictures) How did he want it ? (Categorization...)
Then he went and created invoices / receipt proof for both the sets. Stamped our set and handed it over.
Dear,
Thanks for the info, congratulations on arrival.
Could you please elaborate on the points highlighted in red.
Plus was there a luggage check/inspection ?

Regards
doc2015

imm2canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015, Passport received : 22-08-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2016
Hi Doc2015 and seniors,

I am in a confused state, I am thinking to send my wife's(dependent) transcripts to WES for credential assessment. She has done her Master's, so thinking to send both Degree and Master's transcripts. When I was about to fill the online WES form, I even see that Post-secondary transcripts need to be submitted. Please Let me know whether post secondary transcripts are required in her case or only degree and master's are required ?

For your info: I already received visa and thinking to travel in the month of April.

SANDALWOOD

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
---
msa22 said:
Once you've medical request for yourselves, you can do upfront medical for your newborn, it's absolutely fine. Just send the medical reference number along with your medical paper.

In fact I did the same to save time, it was accepted by my VO.

Best of luck.
thank you.. i am planning for upfront medical for newborn. I sent emails 2 times to my visa office for medical of newborn but till date no reply. Now I will send them medical sheet directly. I hope all goes well..

bbshah

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 may 2014
AOR Received.
telephonic verification
IELTS Request
already sent
File Transfer...
12 september
Med's Request
30.oct.2015
Med's Done....
6 nov 2015
Interview........
medical received on 20 nov 2015
scorpionjot said:
Congratulations for the medicals and here's a +1 for you Bro.

And BTW, Your timeline on the left is not updated... lolz... ;)
how many attachments did you receive in mail.....i mean how many forms....
i think they must be 8 in number.......