+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Waleed88

Nov 11, 2014
Hi Every One,

I will be going for a short landing in Edmonton Canada along with my family in Oct 2015.. I will come back after 20 days and my family will stay there. I will rejoin them after few months.

I have few questions to get clarifications for;

1) Our PR visa is stamped for 1 year (as usual) but once we land in Canada, will they stamp a new visa valid for 5 years or they will only issue PR card and cancel the actual stamped visa? As I will be returning back to Dubai via Amsterdam and we can get transit visa exempted only if we have a valid Canadian PR visa not PR card. Also some other countries require Canadian PR visa not PR card for such exemptions? How can we work around this?

2) What are the documents required to apply for Alberta health card? I was told that proof of residence is one of the document required which can be utility bill or bank statement sent to our address. But we need the health card immediately because my wife is pregnant. We will be living with my brother in Edmonton and won't have any utility bills under our name. How can we get around this requirement and also while opening the bank account proof of residence will be required.

3) What are the documents required to open a bank account?

4) Best company to get 3 days rent a car in Toronto Canada.

Looking forward for a positive update. Thank you

aks2010

Star Member
May 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014; Lawyer/consultant hired?: No.; PER Received.: 07-01-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015; Med's Results Rcvd: 26-05-2015;
Passport Req..
22-07-2015; Decision Made:25-07-2015; Passport Submitted: 27-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015; Passport Returned: 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015;ECAS Status:Complete 31-10-2015
Heart wrenching story of little Aylan Kurdi whose body was found on a Turkish beach. Please spare a moment to think about him and all those who lost their life.

http://tinyurl.com/ptc6fbf

Rehmeh

Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan' 2015
Med's Request
4th july 2015
Med's Done....
29th july 2015 TLU 14 august 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3rd sept 2015
LANDED..........
24th feb 2016
Hello guys,

I have agood news. Alhamdulillah by grace of almighty Allah, i got PPR mail yday, 2 days after DM. But the email doesnt mention end of visa date kr any dates. Is it ok? Is it anew change in format? Now i have submitted the passports n will hopefully get them back stamped soon. Thanks to alll forum members. U all were a big support!

Wikl keep u guys posted about updates.,

RK29824

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2132 & 2232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
27-Nov-2014 (PER)
File Transfer...
16-Feb-2015 (2nd Line)
Med's Request
3-Sept-2015
Med's Done....
8-Sept-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-Sept-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
15-Mar-2016
Finally with patience-full wait of 7 Months today I see MR in my Inbox!

My timelines are as left.

No verification known to me!

Mona76

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 may 2014
Doc's Request.
Send
IELTS Request
Send
File Transfer...
13 august 2014
Med's Request
18 Feb 2015
Med's Done....
4 March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 July and submitted on 12 july
VISA ISSUED...
3 sep 2015
got my visa today. Today I went to Canadian embassy and asked about my visa status the guy at security called visa officer then replied to me u will get it next week for sure. But when I was returning from embassy one Canadian embassy officer came to me and asked about the problem and advised to drop the e mail again. At 11 am I dropped e mail with no hopes but at 3:30 recieved reply from embassy to collect ur passport from VFS today. So I quickly rushed to VFS the guy at delivery counter was busy in passport sorting and sending msgs to passport holders. I recived sms from VFS after collecting my passport.

I don't know visa stamping after my visit or it was just my turn. But anyways I got it finally.

DollarDreamer

Dec 17, 2014
Hello Friends,

Finally the wait is over and the next task begins.. :) I have received maple leaf stamped passports with COPR today evening. The visa is valid for 10 months & expiry date is one year from my medicals reached.
I had been a silent reader of the forum past few months and now I would like to take a moment to thank & appreciate all the forum mates who has been posting replies patiently even for the repeated questions. This helped me to know everything at every stage of my visa processing and didn’t give me chance to post any other questions.

I wish good luck to every one who has landed and best wishes & prayers to those who have been waiting for their medicals & PPR.

My timelines are

Application received : 19 Dec 2014
PER Received : 8th Mar 2015
AOR : 15th Apr 2015 (File transferred to Warsaw from New Delhi)
Second line update : 15th Mar 2015
Medicals request : 27th May 2015
Third line update : 13th June 2015
Fourth line update : ---------
Passport Request : 12th Aug 2015.
Passport Submitted : 24th Aug 2014
Passport Returned : 3rd Sep 2014
Landing : May be end of November or in January

Few things to mention & get clarified.
For NDVO applicants who want to track your courier status of passports after delivered from visa office is through Blue dart courier tracking website. You can use your VFS application number as reference number in blue dart website or you can call the customer care and tell your VFS application number.
I have submitted two photos for myself and my wife’s to VFS office for visa stamping. One of each photo is pasted on COPR forms and my wife’s second photo (with photographer’s stamp & date) has been returned (or placed by mistake) in the courier) and mine wasn’t. Should I be worried about this ?

sk1984indian

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2014
BEDFORD
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30th July 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date : 8th Nov 2014
Nomination.....
PER Date : 25th Nov
AOR Received.
Processing started on 19th Feb 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
30th Dec 2014
Med's Request
14th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
Completed medicals : 20th Mar 2015, Medicals uploaded : 27th Mar 2015, 3rd line update (Medical results received) : 31st Mar 2015
Interview........
Hopefully waived :) :)
Passport Req..
PPR : 4th May 2015, DM : 5th May, Passport Sent : 6th May, Passport Received : 23rd May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th May 2015
LANDED..........
4th September 2015
Rehmeh said:
Hello guys,

I have a good news. Alhamdulillah by grace of almighty Allah, i got PPR mail yday, 2 days after DM. But the email doesn't mention end of visa date kr any dates. Is it ok? Is it anew change in format? Now i have submitted the passports n will hopefully get them back stamped soon. Thanks to alll forum members. U all were a big support!PPR email doesn't mention any visa expiry date. Once your passports are stamped, you will see the visa issue date and expiry date

The Visa expiry date is usually one year from medicals or medicals upload date or passport expiry which ever comes first. For ex. in my case, my medicals upload date was 27th March 2015 and my visa expiry date is 27th Mar 2016.

Will keep u guys posted about updates.,
Congratulations Buddy !!! :) :) :)

RK29824 said:
Finally with patience-full wait of 7 Months today I see MR in my Inbox!

My timelines are as left.

No verification known to me!

Mona76 said:
got my visa today. Today I went to Canadian embassy and asked about my visa status the guy at security called visa officer then replied to me u will get it next week for sure. But when I was returning from embassy one Canadian embassy officer came to me and asked about the problem and advised to drop the e mail again. At 11 am I dropped e mail with no hopes but at 3:30 recieved reply from embassy to collect ur passport from VFS today. So I quickly rushed to VFS the guy at delivery counter was busy in passport sorting and sending msgs to passport holders. I recived sms from VFS after collecting my passport.

I don't know visa stamping after my visit or it was just my turn. But anyways I got it finally.

DollarDreamer said:
Hello Friends,

Finally the wait is over and the next task begins.. :) I have received maple leaf stamped passports with COPR today evening. The visa is valid for 10 months & expiry date is one year from my medicals reached.
I had been a silent reader of the forum past few months and now I would like to take a moment to thank & appreciate all the forum mates who has been posting replies patiently even for the repeated questions. This helped me to know everything at every stage of my visa processing and didn't give me chance to post any other questions.

I wish good luck to every one who has landed and best wishes & prayers to those who have been waiting for their medicals & PPR.

My timelines are

Application received : 19 Dec 2014
PER Received : 8th Mar 2015
AOR : 15th Apr 2015 (File transferred to Warsaw from New Delhi)
Second line update : 15th Mar 2015
Medicals request : 27th May 2015
Third line update : 13th June 2015
Fourth line update : ---------
Passport Request : 12th Aug 2015.
Passport Submitted : 24th Aug 2014
Passport Returned : 3rd Sep 2014
Landing : May be end of November or in January

Few things to mention & get clarified.
For NDVO applicants who want to track your courier status of passports after delivered from visa office is through Blue dart courier tracking website. You can use your VFS application number as reference number in blue dart website or you can call the customer care and tell your VFS application number.
I have submitted two photos for myself and my wife's to VFS office for visa stamping. One of each photo is pasted on COPR forms and my wife's second photo (with photographer's stamp & date) has been returned (or placed by mistake) in the courier) and mine wasn't. Should I be worried about this ?Dont worry my friend. One copy of COPR has the photo and the other doesn't.

Rehmeh

Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan' 2015
Med's Request
4th july 2015
Med's Done....
29th july 2015 TLU 14 august 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3rd sept 2015
LANDED..........
24th feb 2016
Hi guys. New question! After i land in canada, how long does it take to get a health card? Can i apply the very next day of arrival? Or do i have to wait for 3 months to apply for health card after PR.

Also i am planning a shirt vusit in sept for PR card, n will return to home country. After that i will go back after 9 months. So can i exit before getting PR. i will arrange to get PRC courierd to me in home country. Thanks buddiessss!

JS DHILLON

May 20, 2015
Hi Seniors,

Please clarify

While travelling to Canada if we book any flight has a stop in-between like in France, Dutch, England etc, do we have need of transit visa?

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
JS DHILLON said:
Hi Seniors,

Please clarify

While travelling to Canada if we book any flight has a stop in-between like in France, Dutch, England etc, do we have need of transit visa?
nope ..you don't have to take a transit visa if you are just flying through europe and you do not intend to stay in these countries..
only place where you need a transit visa is ,if you are stopping in the U.S. otherwise they will turn you back from the airport..

harrysaini

Jan 16, 2015
Houston TX
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
06-03-2015 (PER)
File Transfer...
10-07-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Passport Req..
DM 04-01-2016 PPR 05-01-2016
Rehmeh said:
Hi guys. New question! After i land in canada, how long does it take to get a health card? Can i apply the very next day of arrival? Or do i have to wait for 3 months to apply for health card after PR.

Also i am planning a shirt vusit in sept for PR card, n will return to home country. After that i will go back after 9 months. So can i exit before getting PR. i will arrange to get PRC courierd to me in home country. Thanks buddiessss!
if you are landing in
Toronto/vancouver you can apply for the cards immediately but you will get it after 3 months
Alberta/calgary area you will get the cards immediately when you apply.

you can exit Canada without the PR cards..and you can have someone send them to you through a courier ..but if you have to enter canada before you receive your PR cards you have to arrange a travel document from the consulate of Canada in your country.

red9999

Mar 21, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
IELTS Request
sent with ap
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
14-07-2015. tlu 30-07-2015
Interview........
Telephonic verif. 17-06-2015
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2015
LANDED..........
19 March'16
GOD is great :D :D :D
Holding my visa and CPR in hand..cant express my emotions, so i wont..but would like to share many important info that might help others in this forum, cause without this forum and many memorable forumites whome i cant find them now.. my waiting times would have been..no word to describe it.. :p
so here we go.. ;;;disclaimer; its only my observations from my experience and i followed these, so please dont entirely depend, do ur math as well.

For ppl who are still waiting for any news from their respective vOs for long; plz try to disturb ur file by updating any new minor piece of info. apply gscm notes, atleast that way visa offier will literally touch ur file.

For ppl who recieved their PER and yet no MR: first and the foremost : send ASAP the police clearance certificate as soon as u have them from all countries visited by u n stayed there for more than 3-6months, this way they wont hesitate/scared to process your file and get out of the guilt of approving a "would be terrorist" to their country.. hope u caught my drift.. if u havent received MR even after u gave them ur PCCs then u shud apply for notes every 2-3months, its polite way of poking visa officer to look into ur file without direct communication. Try to update new piece of info to ur file like change in address, phone number etc - with CSE , DONT ask standard questions in your CSE " when will i get my visa?? when will i get my mr?? etc" u WILL receive automated standard replies. and plz... ZERO aggression/frustration in ur CSE. vent it out anywhere else except on VO. they dont need it esp from u. Ask a question such a way that they will be compelled to give u answers. remember: 100% politeness required. Eg: Dear Visa officer i have been promoted in my job do i need to send the required papers,?" ur creativity in expressing ur politeness in CSE shud get u thru, i just gave u very mundane eg u need to add some more, u might be successful in ur first attempt.. if not try next 3-4 times with one month gap within.

For ppl who recieved MR: i need not say much as it is 90% done theres no looking back its just matter of time that they give u visa. Max time that u can wait is, one year.. sorry to say but atleast u know how much time u can wait and for sure to receive visa, unlike others who have no idea and r in complete darkness about their limit of waiting. cause ur visa cannot be ignored for more than 12 months max since ur visa would be exactly one year from medicals. They NEED to give u ur visa before that expires. So keep ur hopes up. and just wait just in case ---if its really been like 10months since ur TLU, then its better to send a very very gentle CSE to the VO and 'remind' him that ur tlu was ages ago. and is about to expire.. that should set him to send u ur much awaited PPR.

For ppl who got PPR; YAY!! u know it, i know it, every one knows it... its just a matter of time.. but then even evry second is like an year.. so yes pressing down the nail biting moments is inevitable.. n just wait..no CSE or notes.. just wait.. but if its too long like a 2 months ..yes plz worry and raise CSE immediately track ur passort make sure its not lost in transit.

miscellaneous: strictly IMO
Last but not least.. Pray, earn Karmic credits like feeding old animals on street, visit orphanages, old age homes, spend time about eco -conservation... etc.. , if nothing atleast stop non veg food, atleast that way u wud be away from negative credit.

Finally before i run off.. this forum has made everyone a canadian immigration consultant, i regret spending money on my consultant. :p
I was very dejected and almost lost hope when i didnt hear anything after slu last year. thanx to this forum got good info n i was able to cope up.
hope my contribution above helps..any doubts will try my best to address.. ;D

GOD is great! 8)

msa22

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
/Photo requested: 05-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
14-Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted in ADVO: 19-Oct-2015, Received with visa: 28-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
28-Nov-15
Heartiest congratulations!!!

Thank you for sharing the experience and guiding others in this forum, +1 for you buddy.

red9999 said:
Holding my visa and CPR in hand..cant express my emotions, so i wont..but would like to share many important info that might help others in this forum, cause without this forum and many memorable forumites whome i cant find them now.. my waiting times would have been..no word to describe it.. :p
so here we go.. ;;;disclaimer; its only my observations from my experience and i followed these, so please dont entirely depend, do ur math as well.

SANDALWOOD

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
---
red9999 said:

For ppl who are still waiting for any news from their respective vOs for long; plz try to disturb ur file by updating any new minor piece of info. apply gscm notes, atleast that way visa offier will literally touch ur file.

For ppl who recieved their PER and yet no MR: first and the foremost : send ASAP the police clearance certificate as soon as u have them from all countries visited by u n stayed there for more than 3-6months, this way they wont hesitate/scared to process your file and get out of the guilt of approving a "would be terrorist" to their country.. hope u caught my drift.. if u havent received MR even after u gave them ur PCCs then u shud apply for notes every 2-3months, its polite way of poking visa officer to look into ur file without direct communication. Try to update new piece of info to ur file like change in address, phone number etc - with CSE , DONT ask standard questions in your CSE " when will i get my visa?? when will i get my mr?? etc" u WILL receive automated standard replies. and plz... ZERO aggression/frustration in ur CSE. vent it out anywhere else except on VO. they dont need it esp from u. Ask a question such a way that they will be compelled to give u answers. remember: 100% politeness required. Eg: Dear Visa officer i have been promoted in my job do i need to send the required papers,?" ur creativity in expressing ur politeness in CSE shud get u thru, i just gave u very mundane eg u need to add some more, u might be successful in ur first attempt.. if not try next 3-4 times with one month gap within.

For ppl who recieved MR: i need not say much as it is 90% done theres no looking back its just matter of time that they give u visa. Max time that u can wait is, one year.. sorry to say but atleast u know how much time u can wait and for sure to receive visa, unlike others who have no idea and r in complete darkness about their limit of waiting. cause ur visa cannot be ignored for more than 12 months max since ur visa would be exactly one year from medicals. They NEED to give u ur visa before that expires. So keep ur hopes up. and just wait just in case ---if its really been like 10months since ur TLU, then its better to send a very very gentle CSE to the VO and 'remind' him that ur tlu was ages ago. and is about to expire.. that should set him to send u ur much awaited PPR.

For ppl who got PPR; YAY!! u know it, i know it, every one knows it... its just a matter of time.. but then even evry second is like an year.. so yes pressing down the nail biting moments is inevitable.. n just wait..no CSE or notes.. just wait.. but if its too long like a 2 months ..yes plz worry and raise CSE immediately track ur passort make sure its not lost in transit.

miscellaneous: strictly IMO
Last but not least.. Pray, earn Karmic credits like feeding old animals on street, visit orphanages, old age homes, spend time about eco -conservation... etc.. , if nothing atleast stop non veg food, atleast that way u wud be away from negative credit.

Finally before i run off.. this forum has made everyone a canadian immigration consultant, i regret spending money on my consultant. :p
I was very dejected and almost lost hope when i didnt hear anything after slu last year. thanx to this forum got good info n i was able to cope up.
hope my contribution above helps..any doubts will try my best to address.. ;D

GOD is great! 8)

Dear friend

Thank you for sharing such a valuable information and advice..

Your patience for waiting MR gave strength and hope to wait patiently as well as communicating smartly.

JS DHILLON

May 20, 2015
harrysaini said:
nope ..you don't have to take a transit visa if you are just flying through europe and you do not intend to stay in these countries..
only place where you need a transit visa is ,if you are stopping in the U.S. otherwise they will turn you back from the airport..
Harry, thank you so much for your valuable reply. Is it also based on halt time ? Like if halt is 7-8 hrs or more at any particular airport then we have to apply for transit visa .
Actually I am planing to book Air France or KLM airline tickets with one stop option, that's why bit worry about transit visa that whether is it required at Paris Charles de Gaulle & Amsterdam or not ?