+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: For PINOYS: Spousal open work permit to canada.. confused, please help!!!

denissed

Jan 20, 2012
hello everyone! im new here and i have a concern....
i was diagnosed of having a polyp in my cervix, the obgyn advised me that i should be pregnant immediately so my husband and i talked about our options (my husband by the way is a LIVE IN CAREGIVER in alberta and is only on his 6th month there so he cant go home yet). i also called the canadian embassy here in manila to ask any recommendation of the visa that i need to apply. the rep told me i have 2 options, the temporary resident visa and the spousal open work permit. i researched on both recommendations and found out that the i can only apply for a spousal work permit if my husband's job is under NOC 0, A and B, so i called the embassy again to clarify the info that they gave me... they sill gave me the same answer -- that even if my husband is a caregiver i am still qualified for the spousal open work permit (live in caregivers are under NOC C). now im even more confused! has any spouse of a caregiver tried this before? between the 2 options i wish to apply for the spousal open work permit if its possible. pls help me!

Jars

Jan 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb.14,2012
AOR Received.
Feb.28,2012
Med's Request
Feb.28,2012
Med's Done....
March 1,2012
mga sis, ask ko lang po kung pwede na i scan nlng yung certificate of employment ng husband ko? thank you!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You are not eligible for the OWP. You can try for a TRV as visitor; there's a very slim chance at getting approved. You have to show enough ties with your country of residence and proof of funds to do the trip.

denissed said:
hello everyone! im new here and i have a concern....
i was diagnosed of having a polyp in my cervix, the obgyn advised me that i should be pregnant immediately so my husband and i talked about our options (my husband by the way is a LIVE IN CAREGIVER in alberta and is only on his 6th month there so he cant go home yet). i also called the canadian embassy here in manila to ask any recommendation of the visa that i need to apply. the rep told me i have 2 options, the temporary resident visa and the spousal open work permit. i researched on both recommendations and found out that the i can only apply for a spousal work permit if my husband's job is under NOC 0, A and B, so i called the embassy again to clarify the info that they gave me... they sill gave me the same answer -- that even if my husband is a caregiver i am still qualified for the spousal open work permit (live in caregivers are under NOC C). now im even more confused! has any spouse of a caregiver tried this before? between the 2 options i wish to apply for the spousal open work permit if its possible. pls help me!

anna31

Jun 18, 2010
HI,
i am only new here and i hope someone could help me regarding spousal open work permit application for my husband.
I am here in Quebec as a high-skilled worker, according to the classification, my spouse (and dependent) are allowed to apply for an OWP.
Does anyone here know how we can start the application in Manila?
if my husband will apply for an OWP, what should we apply for my 5-yr old son?
if you have a guide on the steps to follow, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
thanks!

by the way, do you have an idea of the processing time from application to release of visa?
i just renewed all my docs, CAQ, LMO, WP, Visa... but they're only valid until march 2013.
i was hoping i'll be able to get my family before my docs expire. anyway, we can always renew here in canada.

thanks again!

Kyberxs27

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anna31 said:
HI,
i am only new here and i hope someone could help me regarding spousal open work permit application for my husband.
I am here in Quebec as a high-skilled worker, according to the classification, my spouse (and dependent) are allowed to apply for an OWP.
Does anyone here know how we can start the application in Manila?
if my husband will apply for an OWP, what should we apply for my 5-yr old son?
if you have a guide on the steps to follow, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
thanks!

by the way, do you have an idea of the processing time from application to release of visa?
i just renewed all my docs, CAQ, LMO, WP, Visa... but they're only valid until march 2013.
i was hoping i'll be able to get my family before my docs expire. anyway, we can always renew here in canada.

thanks again!
hi, i am also in quebec, montreal to be exact
you could check the facebook page of Spousal open work permit. since it's easy for them to give info to those with same situation with you.
hope this help.

Ezra

Dec 17, 2012
Hi! I'm new here. Please guide me. I wanted to apply for open work permit and I have a 9 year daughter. Please let me know what are requirements for and for my daughter. My husband was working now in Edmonton under the skilled worker.He just started last Nov.15. Your big help is much appreciated.

Pingpuno

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hello ..bago lang po ako sa forum..ask ko lang po sana kung tlga pi bang mtagal process ngayon?nag submitt po ako ng doc.nov,13,2012 po ask ko po bkit hanggang ngayon po wala po akong natatanggap na AOR at MR galiing sa CEM po..tnx god bless!