23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
Hello all,

I sat for the exam on the 30th of April and was supposed to get my result on the 13th of May. However, my result was withheld and I just received it today. The scores are as follows :

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 8.0

The email I received initially on the 13th of May specifically said that my result was being withheld for quality control purposes. I guess it was withheld because of the huge difference in the scores in the Writing Module compared to the others. Now, after all this I am thinking of getting my writing module re-evaluated.

Does anybody here has had any such experience (or heard of someone) wherein the grades have changed after the result being withheld in the first place? I need at least a 7.0 in the writing section, so, I am wondering whether to resit the exam or to go for a re-evaluation.

Regards
Sahil

aditya_shah19

May 20, 2016
Hi...even i gave my exams on 30th April, 16. My results were withheld and i got my results today.
Even my score is very similar to yours:
Reading 9
Listening 8
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5

I am also confused whether i should go for re checking or not....

mce.sahil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Visa Office......
NDO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
I am waiting for the actual transcript to arrive by post and then I will apply for re-evaluation. How about you?

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mce.sahil said:
Hello all,

I sat for the exam on the 30th of April and was supposed to get my result on the 13th of May. However, my result was withheld and I just received it today. The scores are as follows :

Listening - 9.0
Reading - 9.0
Writing - 6.5
Speaking - 8.0

The email I received initially on the 13th of May specifically said that my result was being withheld for quality control purposes. I guess it was withheld because of the huge difference in the scores in the Writing Module compared to the others. Now, after all this I am thinking of getting my writing module re-evaluated.

Does anybody here has had any such experience (or heard of someone) wherein the grades have changed after the result being withheld in the first place? I need at least a 7.0 in the writing section, so, I am wondering whether to resit the exam or to go for a re-evaluation.

Regards
Sahil
WOW score... To get such a score one must not only hav gr8 soft skills and also must hav prepared well for the exam.
Assuming by your overall score it seems you must have practised and got familiar with the writing module such as minimum word limit (250 & 150 words), therefore, I suspect a fault in writing evaluation cos a person who has excelled in all other sections can not possibly score below 7 band in writing.

Retaking vs Revaluation :-
IDP should cut down on the 6-8 weeks (2 months) time for re-evaluation. It is not only time consuming but also very expensive (rs. 8500/-). If one waits for 2 months and does not get a change in score then it would be highly de-motivating. And one will loose out 2 months within which he/she could have retaken the exam for the same about cost of re-evaluation. IELTS system favours to re-sit the exam as the the time duration is always going to be short for re-appearance and the result will come out quite earlier then the revaluation result.

Moreover, there is conflict of interest in the revaluation system. They will return the whole fees if there is change in score. Going by that cost , I suspect the re-evaluation system is intentionally inclined towards stricter re-evaluation criteria so that they do not loose out on the fees submitted.

I think there are only few applicants who got the re-evaluation in their favour. They must be the one like "mce.sahil" who are confident enough as they have scored almost 9 in all other sections. If there is a huge gap in score compare to other sections and you prepared very well and confident to have score the min. 7 band then one should opt for re-evaluation.

Best of luck.

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aditya_shah19 said:
Hi...even i gave my exams on 30th April, 16. My results were withheld and i got my results today.
Even my score is very similar to yours:
Reading 9
Listening 8
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5

I am also confused whether i should go for re checking or not....
After having read many comments on re-evaluation, I think there is a correlation between Speaking & writing module.
People who have 8 band in Speaking have a better chance at scoring 7 in writing.
Cos people who are able to verbally interpret their ideas excellently, can also do the same in writing which is all about coherence and cohesion.
Offcourse, factors such as bad hand-writing can always spoil your chances.

So, if one get less than 8 band in Speaking, then the possibility of scoring min. 7 band in Writing are bleak.

Note: There exist no structured data to analyse. I have speculated on the basis comments shared by other fellows.

mce.sahil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Visa Office......
NDO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
kadian said:
WOW score... To get such a score one must not only hav gr8 soft skills and also must hav prepared well for the exam.
Assuming by your overall score it seems you must have practised and got familiar with the writing module such as minimum word limit (250 & 150 words), therefore, I suspect a fault in writing evaluation cos a person who has excelled in all other sections can not possibly score below 7 band in writing.

Retaking vs Revaluation :-
IDP should cut down on the 6-8 weeks (2 months) time for re-evaluation. It is not only time consuming but also very expensive (rs. 8500/-). If one waits for 2 months and does not get a change in score then it would be highly de-motivating. And one will loose out 2 months within which he/she could have retaken the exam for the same about cost of re-evaluation. IELTS system favours to re-sit the exam as the the time duration is always going to be short for re-appearance and the result will come out quite earlier then the revaluation result.

Moreover, there is conflict of interest in the revaluation system. They will return the whole fees if there is change in score. Going by that cost , I suspect the re-evaluation system is intentionally inclined towards stricter re-evaluation criteria so that they do not loose out on the fees submitted.

I think there are only few applicants who got the re-evaluation in their favour. They must be the one like "mce.sahil" who are confident enough as they have scored almost 9 in all other sections. If there is a huge gap in score compare to other sections and you prepared very well and confident to have score the min. 7 band then one should opt for re-evaluation.

Best of luck.
Thanks for that mate. Well, I've already applied for the re-evaluation last week. I am expecting to get the results by the end of July. Also, I have already booked another exam for mid September. So, if I get that desired correction, I will still have time for cancellation. If not, then I will go ahead and resit the exam. Meanwhile, I am in the process of completing my EE profile with the above scores.

Regards

mce.sahil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Visa Office......
NDO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
This might come as a sign of hope for many.
I just received the results of the EOR yesterday.
My original scores were:
L - 9.0, R - 9.0, W - 6.5, S- 8.0, Overall- 8.0

My new scores are
L- 9.0, R- 9.0, W - 7.5, S- 8.0, Overall- 8.5

So, if you are sure you did good and didn't receive the kind of scores you think you should have, go for an EOR. It may work out in your favour, even after the result being withheld in the first place.

mce.sahil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Visa Office......
NDO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
aditya_shah19 said:
Same...i will also apply for re checking !
Did you get your results post re-evaluation?

mce.sahil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Visa Office......
NDO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
15-07-2017
dan28analyst said:
Can I apply for re-mark and also take a fresh new test? Just a thought..
You certainly can. In fact, I did the very same thing. I booked the test date in such a way that it would leave me enough time to cancel the test if I received the desirable correction. You see, I applied for a re- evaluation on the 30th of May and at the same time, I booked a new test for the 10th of September. So, when I received the updated trf on the 20th of July, I had the requisite 5 weeks gap to cancel the test and get most of my money back. Hope this helps.

Khabz

Aug 9, 2016
My score

L 8 5
R 9
W 6
S 7.5

I went for reevaluation for writing module on 26th July, 2016 and got the result today (9th August). Writing score increased to 7.

Initially, the result was withheld foe investigation.

So i would suggest reevaluation if you think you have not done bad

gibarino

Aug 12, 2016
Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2016
Doc's Request.
19/10/2016
AOR Received.
13/11/2016
mce.sahil said:
This might come as a sign of hope for many.
I just received the results of the EOR yesterday.
My original scores were:
L - 9.0, R - 9.0, W - 6.5, S- 8.0, Overall- 8.0

My new scores are
L- 9.0, R- 9.0, W - 7.5, S- 8.0, Overall- 8.5

So, if you are sure you did good and didn't receive the kind of scores you think you should have, go for an EOR. It may work out in your favour, even after the result being withheld in the first place.
mce.sahil do you remember/noticed if the report number changed when you received your remark? Or did they keep it the same?