+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re entry visa to canada

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
anne55 said:
Hi job_seeker,
I am also planning to go for a 3wks vacation and I am under work permit with a multiple entry visa...
Do I still need to apply for re-entry visa in Buffalo??
My work permit is valid untill April 2011.
Thanks a lot! :)

Anne55
Hi,

No you don't have to apply since you have multiple entry visa.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Thanks job seeker!

cheers! :D

Anne55
job_seeker said:
Hi,

No you don't have to apply since you have multiple entry visa.

ydnarebeb

Apr 20, 2010
hi, i am planning to return home, do i need to get a re-entry permit even i have a multiple entry in canada. unfortunately, i don't have work right now and waiting for my new sponsorship as a caregiver. my working permit is valid until march 2011 as a food server but i want to change it to live in caregiver. my papers filled in hrsdc and im just waiting for the labour market opinion. what will i need to do or what should i do? please help me...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ydnarebeb said:
hi, i am planning to return home, do i need to get a re-entry permit even i have a multiple entry in canada. unfortunately, i don't have work right now and waiting for my new sponsorship as a caregiver. my working permit is valid until march 2011 as a food server but i want to change it to live in caregiver. my papers filled in hrsdc and im just waiting for the labour market opinion. what will i need to do or what should i do? please help me...
You may have difficulty coming back if you leave now without an employer. Wait out the LMO and WP then request your employer if s/he'll let you go for a vacation before starting your employment with him/her.

ydnarebeb

Apr 20, 2010
but my agency told me that i need to leave canada if i want to change my status as live in caregiver. because that is the new rule. its hard for me to find work coz my permit just authorized me to work and stay to the place that they issued were my employer is. i came from edmonton and i moved in vancouver. i found my new employer but still my papers is in the process. is it possible if i will just wait my lmo and wp in the philippines or it will be hard for me...do i really need to stay here in canada and wait fo my lmo then file my wp..thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ydnarebeb said:
but my agency told me that i need to leave canada if i want to change my status as live in caregiver. because that is the new rule. its hard for me to find work coz my permit just authorized me to work and stay to the place that they issued were my employer is. i came from edmonton and i moved in vancouver. i found my new employer but still my papers is in the process. is it possible if i will just wait my lmo and wp in the philippines or it will be hard for me...do i really need to stay here in canada and wait fo my lmo then file my wp..thanks
It will take 12-18 months to process live in caregiver applications in the Philippines. It's okay that you are in Vancouver. Send your application to Seattle (to qualify under the LCP you must send your application to a visa office outside Canada).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-how.asp

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng#APPLNGUIDE

Another Filipino, Era, changed her type of employment to LIC.

ydnarebeb

Apr 20, 2010
if i will send my application in seattle how long it will take to get my work permit and is it possible to go back home in the philippines if i already fill my work permit in seattle???

ydnarebeb

Apr 20, 2010
when i came here in canada, my work permit was a food server and now im applying for live in caregiver program..is there would be no problem applying in work permit in seattle and as i red the requirements in applying outside canada it says that "If you are applying for a TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT in a validation exempt category and do not require an HRSDC-confirmation, you must provide:

* a letter from your prospective employer describing your job duties
* anticipated duration of employment and
* salary.
as far as i know i need a confirmation in HRSDC.. could you pls explain that to me coz im confused..thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ydnarebeb said:
when i came here in canada, my work permit was a food server and now im applying for live in caregiver program..is there would be no problem applying in work permit in seattle and as i red the requirements in applying outside canada it says that "If you are applying for a TEMPORARY WORK PERMIT in a validation exempt category and do not require an HRSDC-confirmation, you must provide:

* a letter from your prospective employer describing your job duties
* anticipated duration of employment and
* salary.
as far as i know i need a confirmation in HRSDC.. could you pls explain that to me coz im confused..thanks!
You need a positive LMO and a contract detailing your job responsibilities, length of employment and salary. If you are wary about applying in Seattle then by all means you can go back to the Philippines and apply there, that is a difference of 12-18 months versus 1-3 months in the US. But another forum member whose user name is era2007, applied in the US from low skilled to LCP:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31919.0.html

Read the requirements before you send your application.

outcast

Mar 3, 2010
hi..

I just receive my new visa for my re-entry here in Canada but my middle name is misspelled..In my passport, application and old visa...my middle name is clearly stated.. DEJI... but in my new visa OEJI.. what will I do??..

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP...URGENT!...

sameve

May 12, 2010
re entry visa to canada

hi i want to know how to apply re entry visa for canada, pls i need help!!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sameve said:
hi i want to know how to apply re entry visa for canada, pls i need help!!!
Where are you now? What is your status? You have to give us a bit more info. Anyway you can apply to a visa office outside Canada, either in the US or in your country of origin.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng

cathy_lil

May 14, 2010
Hello! I have a Multiple-Entry Visa that will expire this June 2010 and I have a work permit that will expire Aug 2011. I am planning to visit a relative this August 2010 for only a week. Do I need to renew my visa? Where? and How? Thanks and I hope someone can help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cathy_lil said:
Hello! I have a Multiple-Entry Visa that will expire this June 2010 and I have a work permit that will expire Aug 2011. I am planning to visit a relative this August 2010 for only a week. Do I need to renew my visa? Where? and How? Thanks and I hope someone can help.
1. Unless you are only visiting the US or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new TRV.
2. You can apply by mail to one the of Canadian offices in the US for a new TRV,