25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
yahoo7 said:
Based on your experience, Can someone please advice me the fastest way of getting a re-entry visa to Canada. I have valid WP and need to apply for a re-entry visa. The processing times are 30 days and 28 days for paper and online respectively. Is it definitely that way practically or things are a little different?
Online would probably be faster because it saves you 2-3 days for your application to get to cic office plus 2 days from processing times. However you do need to send your passport when they ask you to. I did mine through paper application and I am still waiting for them to get back to me. They usually stand true to the processing times, however from my past applications for study/work permit and visa i always received them earlier than the processing time. However its not wise to make any travel arrangements before you get your visa, because processing times change very frequently.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ortom.

Rayhaneh

Dec 2, 2012
In the exemption section of the biometrics in CIC website it is mentioned that

"If you are from one of the countries or territory above, you do not need to give your biometrics to visit Canada if you are: in Canada and are eligible to apply for a visitor (temporary resident) visa, study permit or work permit to an office in Canada."

Does this mean that I cannot apply online for a re-entry visa?

P.S. I am already in Canada with a valid study permit.

Domzky

Apr 28, 2014
If you are in Canada, and you have a valid work/study permit, you can apply and send your application to Ottawa Processing Center.