+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry to USA with Avr

movetocannada

Mar 26, 2019
Hi!

Has anyone done re-entry via Toronto Airport to USA using AVR, in the past couple of months?

Looking to do the same after our landing in Canada and trying to see if it worked for people.

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
I had the same question. Also when trying to use AVR to re-enter US which is a better/safer option - land border crossing or by air?

kinjal1110

Jan 2, 2019
I am in similar situation - I had H1 stamping appointment in Ottawa on Jan 18th, 2022 which got cancelled but I need to complete soft landing before Feb 2022 so AVR is the only option left for me to return back to USA. I have seen many people returning on AVR via land but how about flight options? Is there any difference in returning back to USA on AVR via land or air?

shenanigans

Jul 22, 2021
None. AVR always works if you dont break the narrow exceptions (having a pending result of a visa interview at a consulate or not limiting your travel to only canada), its an immigration law. It doesn't depend on how many people recently had a successful AVR process.

kinjal1110

Jan 2, 2019
None. AVR always works if you dont break the narrow exceptions (having a pending result of a visa interview at a consulate or not limiting your travel to only canada), its an immigration law. It doesn't depend on how many people recently had a successful AVR process.
Thank you for the response!