+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Entry To Canada

anand1105

Feb 23, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My study visa (stamping on passport) is valid till 30th August 2023, however, I am travelling outside Canada and returning in the 27th of August. My question is, will there by any issues for my re-entry into Canada on the 27th? I have already applied for my study permit extension, however, my stamping is valid till 30th of September.

Thank you for helping out

Have a great day :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My study visa (stamping on passport) is valid till 30th August 2023, however, I am travelling outside Canada and returning in the 27th of August. My question is, will there by any issues for my re-entry into Canada on the 27th? I have already applied for my study permit extension, however, my stamping is valid till 30th of September.

Thank you for helping out

Have a great day :)
What about your TRV? You need it to re-enter Canada.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi,

Does the stamping of my study visa on my passport count as TRV ? That is valid till the 30th

No, a study visa stamping on your passport does not count as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). A TRV is a visa that allows you to enter Canada as a temporary resident for tourism, business, or to visit family or friends. A study visa is a visa that allows you to study in Canada.

The TRV is simply a document that allows you to enter Canada, while the study visa is a document that allows you to stay in Canada and study.

I hope this helps!

anand1105

Feb 23, 2022
No, a study visa stamping on your passport does not count as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). A TRV is a visa that allows you to enter Canada as a temporary resident for tourism, business, or to visit family or friends. A study visa is a visa that allows you to study in Canada.

The TRV is simply a document that allows you to enter Canada, while the study visa is a document that allows you to stay in Canada and study.

I hope this helps!
Hi,

Thank you for replying :)

When I say stamping, I mean, a stamp, that has my Expiration date, no of entrees , category mentioned on the passport.

Also, isnt study permit the document that allows me to stay in Canada and study, while the study visa is a form of TRV?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi,

Thank you for replying :)

When I say stamping, I mean, a stamp, that has my Expiration date, no of entrees , category mentioned on the passport.

Also, isnt study permit the document that allows me to stay in Canada and study, while the study visa is a form of TRV?

I understand. Yes, the stamp on your passport that has your expiration date, number of entries, and category mentioned is your study permit. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html