Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
I am a Canadian PR holder who has lived in Canada for a year and was visiting my native Pakistan for the past year. I will re-enter Canada in March 2022. I have had two doses of the Sinovac vaccine (not recognized in Canada) and two doses of the Pfizer vaccine (recognized in Canada) all in Pakistan. I have the official proof from the government of Pakistan for all the Pfizer vaccines which I will upload on ArriveCan. I will also take a pre-entry molecular test before I board the flight to Canada and I'll upload that too. Has anyone re-entered Canada with two Pfizer doses? Did you face any issues especially if you were coming from the 'third world' countries or was your proof of vaccine accepted?

Will a Pfizer double dose administered (with govt proof) in a developing country be accepted on re-entry?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am confused... it's always 2 doses of Pfizer to considered as fully vaccinated. (well they are talking about yet an additional dose)

I am not sure which country's official record do they accept or not.

If you are a PR, and enter with a valid PR card, you will be allowed into Canada.
The vaccine proof is only to allow no quarantine after your arrival.
(if they do not accept your vaccine proof, then you need to quarantine for 14 days)

Reactions: Naturgrl

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Will a Pfizer double dose administered (with govt proof) in a developing country be accepted on re-entry?
Can only suggest you try to check government websites or contact CBSA. YOu might also see if the arrivecan app has any updated info.

Anecdotally haven't heard many cases of the country where the vaccination was done being an issue, but that they are following up (at least in some rare cases) where they believed the vaccine proof had been faked - they're treating that seriously (serious fines and potentially criminal charges).

Worst case if they don't accept your (real) vaccination documentation is be prepared to do quarantine.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a Canadian PR holder who has lived in Canada for a year and was visiting my native Pakistan for the past year. I will re-enter Canada in March 2022. I have had two doses of the Sinovac vaccine (not recognized in Canada) and two doses of the Pfizer vaccine (recognized in Canada) all in Pakistan. I have the official proof from the government of Pakistan for all the Pfizer vaccines which I will upload on ArriveCan. I will also take a pre-entry molecular test before I board the flight to Canada and I'll upload that too. Has anyone re-entered Canada with two Pfizer doses? Did you face any issues especially if you were coming from the 'third world' countries or was your proof of vaccine accepted?

You will need a quarantine plan despite fully vaccinated.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Very hard to predict what the requirement will be 6 months from now.