+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering Canada with COPR via Canada-US land border

Pranjali1728

Jul 10, 2022
Hi All,

I have completed my soft-landing months back but haven't received my PR card yet I am planning to travel outside Canada, while i am still waiting on my PR card.

I will be re-entering Canada from Canada-US land border in a private vehicle. Can anyone please confirm to me if we can cross the Canada-US land border in a private vehicle with just your passport and COPR.
Does anyone know of anything official that I can refer to if needed? Can anyone share if they have tired and tested it recently?

Thanks in advance!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi All,

I have completed my soft-landing months back but haven't received my PR card yet I am planning to travel outside Canada, while i am still waiting on my PR card.

I will be re-entering Canada from Canada-US land border in a private vehicle. Can anyone please confirm to me if we can cross the Canada-US land border in a private vehicle with just your passport and COPR.
Does anyone know of anything official that I can refer to if needed? Can anyone share if they have tired and tested it recently?

Thanks in advance!
Were you able to enter with COPR and Passport?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you able to enter with COPR and Passport?
A valid PR Card is NOT needed to enter/re-enter Canada, in terms of CBSA's requirements. It IS needed if traveling commercially unless the PR holds a U.S. passport.

All that a PR needs for CBSA, is evidence that they are in fact a PR, which the COPR would certainly verify.

Reactions: RSub