+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering Canada by road after soft landing and with immigrating dependents

mailforhari

May 13, 2016
Hi all,

May I know if anyone has gone through this experience?

I am planning to soft land this weekend but my dependents are unable to accompany me. We all have COPR.

I will return to US after 2,3 days. And, I have to drive again to Canada after a month with my dependents so that they can also soft land.

Will there be any issue if I accompany them as I have already soft-landed and they are going to do for the first time? Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
Hari

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi all,

I am planning to soft land this weekend but my dependents are unable to accompany me. We all have COPR.

I will return to US after 2,3 days. And, I have to drive again to Canada after a month with my dependents so that they can also soft land.

Will there be any issue if I accompany them as I have already soft-landed and they are going to do for the first time? Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
Hari
Should not be any issue at all given you are planning to travel by road, take your own COPR with you as well even though you will already have landed. Have you resolved what you will do with any goods to follow declaration either on your soft landing or your dependants ?

mailforhari

May 13, 2016
Thanks for the response!!!

Yes, I am going to present the goods to follow list when I soft land. I have prepared an extensive list.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Thanks,
Hari
Should be no problem. I did the same.

mailforhari

May 13, 2016
Thank you all for the response. I have landed first and then accompanied my family two weeks later. It worked well without any issues.