Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
I came to Canada as a student and I have a valid work permit but my original student TRV has expired. I had contacted CIC and they have confirmed to me that I can re-enter Canada based on my work permit if I travel by AIR as I am going to US and coming back to Canada from US, but I need to know about what happens in airport. Please share your airport experiences. I went through this another thread, and one of them wrote this at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-expired-but-have-valid-work-permit-can-i-reenter-canada-after-visiting-us-t99415.15.html :

"at the airport in Canada, us border agent will stick to your passport a special sticker that you must provide to the airline company as a proof that you do not need a visa to re-enter Canada. No companies are allowed to let you enter a flight without the visa or that sticker. that sticker must be shown to flight attendant at the boarding when on your way back to Canada. you must also show that sticker to the immigration officer at the airport of entry that will then verify your passport if your havent visited other countries. Mexico is not allowed."

What's this special sticker and if by any chance can I get more information about it? Please share your experiences.

Also, apart from my valid work permit, do I also need to carry my expired student permit as I have original student TRV (expired) in my passport.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
so many views and no experiences....I think I posted in wrong section.

Gaurav_OT

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012- CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
18-04-2012
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
June, 05/ 2013-RPRF request & paid, In process on July 29, 2013
Passport Req..
September 24/2013
VISA ISSUED...
October/23/2013 received pp from cpp-o
LANDED..........
October/26/2013 at Carway Border
Hey Shruti,

to re-enter canada you just need a valid work permit, if you are re-entering from US. i have only travelled to US with a valid TRV, so have no idea about the sticker...last time when i re-entered canada at vancouver airport the canadian immigration asked me to show only work permit..he told me that a TRV is not required...