+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-enter Canada with TRV issued with Work permit after quitting job

scheela

Feb 26, 2014
Hi.

My husband was previously working in Canada, we both have a work permit (open Spousal work permit for me) and TRV which is valid until 2016. He left his job last year and we left Canada. We're now planning to just visit our parents in Canada this year. Question is, can we re-enter Canada using the TRV which was issued as WORKERS or do we need to apply for a new TRV for visitors?

Thanks so much for your help!

Scheela

Jan 19, 2014
Your TRV is for entry and has nothing to do with employment so you should be fine. Only problem might arise at the border as the CBSA might want to know what you will be doing for work, it could be they'll be worried you might not leave Canada. But otherwise you are more likely to be okay than not.

scheela

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for your response.

our TRV specifically mentions WORKER. we are bound to tell the truth at the border that he left his job. so that is my worry. how do I sincerely prove that we will be leaving Canada?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi,
Join in any college and get admission letter with you while you travel back home and upon reentering tell them that you are going to join in school..
that will be the better suggestion

scheela

Feb 26, 2014
so does this all mean that we still use the same TRV issued which mentions "Worker" even if there's no job in canada?

thanks again in advance.

pawanpnp

Feb 13, 2014
hi scheela
i am currently in same situation. can you please tell me if you were able to re-enter canada ? this is very important for me.
thanks.

scheela

Feb 26, 2014
we actually got a response from the Canadian Embassy, we have to apply for a tourist TRV. We're in the process of doing that right now.

pawanpnp

Feb 13, 2014
thank you for your kind reply. actually i quit my job and now going to india for 2 weeks. so will be coming back to canada on same trv. will it be a problem ? can you please give me number for canadian embassy so that i can consult too. thank you.