+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-enter Canada from US on the expiration date of study permit without valid TRV

dabanya

Apr 11, 2015
Hi All,

My TRV has expired. And I have to visit US two days before the expiration date of the study permit and will return by the expiration date. I have applied to extend my stay in Canada as a visitor after my study permit expires. However, I haven't received the approve of the extension yet. Can I re-enter Canada in this case? Thanks.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

dabanya said:
Hi All,

My TRV has expired. And I have to visit US two days before the expiration date of the study permit and will return by the expiration date. I have applied to extend my stay in Canada as a visitor after my study permit expires. However, I haven't received the approve of the extension yet. Can I re-enter Canada in this case? Thanks.

You can enter Canada from USA on an expired TRV only if you have a valid study permit. And your implied status (if any) gone as soon as you leave Canada.

crisfong

Mar 31, 2015
Yes I have read somewhere that you are exempt from a TRV if you enter from the US. Check McGill's or your school's International Service website to confirm, or and of course CIC...