+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

re: Disable son family union status issue

Simele

Jul 6, 2011
Please advise : This is my story.
Myself and my spouse are both Seventy years old, have become Canadian Citizen for more than ten years. I have two children, the elder daughter and son in law are Canadian Citizen and lived in Alberta for a long time. My younger son ( age 42 ), graduated in U of Manitoba, who is not Canadian, worked in Hong Kong since graduation. Four years ago, he had a severe stroke, caused him lost work ability. He is now in stable medical condition ( i.e. Regular Medication ), and we hire a Nanny helping him for his daily activities.
Can somebody please advise us how to apply for immigration for my disable son ?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Independent adult children cannot be sponsored as members of the family class.

Simele

Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for your quick response.
As mentioned in the first post message, my son had a stroke and needs help on daily activities. As we grow older, and cannot help him anymore. Can we apply immigration for my son base on family union reason ? Or other advice ? So that my daughter can take care of his brother in Canada.

Simele

Jul 6, 2011
Re: Sponsor only adult child with handicapped

We are Canadian citizen. Our only son ( Neither married nor Canadian ) graduated from U.of Alberta in Master Degree . He experienced a stroke recently. Please help advise " What is the best category / classification to sponsor my son's application. " Thanks a million!!

Summer

Oct 25, 2008
Hi There,

I suggest you contact a lawyer. Immigration is very strict and unreasonable when it comes to sponsering people with disability. Make sure your case is very strong and you give it your best. My family got rejected based on my brother's medical condition. Even though we wrote letters to immigration telling them we would take care of my brother in each and every way they still didn't believe us.

Mind you it was in India. I hope immigration people are nicer in your country than they are in India. Best of luck.