+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-applying

aashan

Mar 29, 2010
AoA,

my application for canadian immigration under the FSW scheme was recently rejected. What I want to know is can I reapply now or do I have to wait for 6 months? As i remember reading this somewhere but cant seem to remember where??

Thanks and best regards

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
You can reapply there is no waiting period but please address the rejection reasons before reapplying.
Best of luck brother
Can you specify details of why yoy were rejected will be of help to all if u don't mind please
Thanks regards
Kash

aashan

Mar 29, 2010
the reasons they have given are language requirements are not met. I had done a master's from UK and I was under the impression that this is sufficient for fulfilling language requirement but apparently not. I am planning to give IELTS and apply again.

An additional question regarding proof of experience... is experience letter enough?? Also the one I submitted had only the dates of employment, job title, and brief description of my duties.. do u think that I shud include a more detailed description of my job resposibilities in the experience letter as well?? previously I included this information in the covering letter.

Thanks and best regards

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aashan said:
An additional question regarding proof of experience... is experience letter enough?? Also the one I submitted had only the dates of employment, job title, and brief description of my duties.. do u think that I shud include a more detailed description of my job resposibilities in the experience letter as well?? previously I included this information in the covering letter.

Thanks and best regards
Expereince letter is not good enough. Include pay slips. We get something called T4 at the end of the year from the employer here in Canada. Include that in your application package as well. Think about it this way. Visa officer does not know you. You have to paint the picture and sell yourself. The whole case will be assessed based on paperwork that you submit. Put yourself in Visa officer's shoes and then think whether this application package makes sense. Don't assume that you live in UK, you don't need to send in the language paperwork or other stuff.
In short, don't take shotcuts!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The application directions have explicit instructions on what information the letter should contain, as well as other necessary documentation. Please re-read the instruction guide.

Royal.Prince

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-09-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
00-00-0000
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-24-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2011, Submitted at 01-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Well, as many proofs we can show to Officer, it will make the claim stronger. Pay slips, tax returns, contract etc. Keep remember, if documents are with strong proofs, chances of verification are less, that means speedy process ;)

Bellow are must requirements that we need to submit...

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you and your spouse or common-law partner: original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.
Note: If the letters are not in English or French, submit a certified English or French translation along with certified photocopies of the letters.

Letters must include all of the following information:

•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
•your main responsibilities in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
•a business card of the person signing

If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation.