+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: Applying PR under LCP class need help on spousal application

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
Hi I`m applying PR soon under the Live in Caregiver program together with my family. But me and my wife are not in good terms and I`ve decided not to include her on the application. We have two kid`s, I`m including them on the application.

I`m sending the application without her, just me and my 2 kid`s. My question is, thus my application with my kids will get affected if I will not include her on the application? Or should I file a divorce first before the application?

Or just state on the application that we are separated( no separation papers)?

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can file for divorce but do you think she'll give you custody of your children?

kurtis226 said:
Hi I`m applying PR soon under the Live in Caregiver program together with my family. But me and my wife are not in good terms and I`ve decided not to include her on the application. We have two kid`s, I`m including them on the application.

I`m sending the application without her, just me and my 2 kid`s. My question is, thus my application with my kids will get affected if I will not include her on the application? Or should I file a divorce first before the application?

Or just state on the application that we are separated( no separation papers)?

Thanks

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
I`m not sure. Bu I was reading the IP4 (processing live in caregiver), if I understand it correctly, if I did not get the custody of my kid`s (for now) I get sponsor them under the family class later on, right? But I have to include them on my application. And this scenario won`t affect my application as the main applicant? Please help.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The children need to be medically examined.

kurtis226 said:
I`m not sure. Bu I was reading the IP4 (processing live in caregiver), if I understand it correctly, if I did not get the custody of my kid`s (for now) I get sponsor them under the family class later on, right? But I have to include them on my application. And this scenario won`t affect my application as the main applicant? Please help.

Thanks