+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-applying for a visitor visa

May 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

My name is Karen and I live in Colombia. Last year on April 11, 2019 I applied for a visitors visa to visit my friend in Ontario, I stated that I would travel on may 9th and come back on may 28th 2019. By the time the officer checked the paper work I was suppose to be travelling, and got rejected based on:

1) Travel purpose.
2) Travel History.

I'm thinking about re-applying this month with enough time to be there for her birthday on August. Her family is writing an invitation letter for me so that I can be there for that special day. Last time I wanted to go around my birthday, however I couldn't because of work and I applied for 2 month after that and included a specific list with all the places I would visit with my friend and her family day by day and their address since I was going to stay with them.

I haven't travel outside my country, because I work for the national police here in Colombia, I have always being focus on my professional career rather than travelling for pleasure. I would really appreciate some help or advise on this matter.

How I address this points? and increase my possibilities this time? Thank you very much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your approval will be based on your ability to prove strong ties to Colombia, your savings amount and whether you have previous travel experience to countries similar to Canada like US.