+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re apply WES

rajkumarB

Jun 8, 2015
Hi all
Do any one know how to reapply WES, my name was printed wrongly(Its not matching with my passport),It will create problem while applying CIC ?
if so can any one Suggest me some solution,is there any possibility of reapply will work
my name is RAJKUMAR BALASUBRAMANIAN but in WES it looks like RAJKUMAR BALASSUBRAMANIAN,Do we really need to send the wes equivalency to CIC? or ref number is enough?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkumarB said:
Hi all
Do any one know how to reapply WES, my name was printed wrongly(Its not matching with my passport),It will create problem while applying CIC ?
if so can any one Suggest me some solution,is there any possibility of reapply will work
my name is RAJKUMAR BALASUBRAMANIAN but in WES it looks like RAJKUMAR BALASSUBRAMANIAN,Do we really need to send the wes equivalency to CIC? or ref number is enough?
Send your reference number and then contact WES to correct their spelling.

rajkumarB

Jun 8, 2015
They clearly mailed me yesterday it cant be changed(From Director of Evaluation) Do they accept new application from my side(Re apply the WES).any one faced these kind of issue? ::) ::) ::) ::)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkumarB said:
They clearly mailed me yesterday it cant be changed(From Director of Evaluation) Do they accept new application from my side(Re apply the WES).any one faced these kind of issue? ::) ::) ::) ::)
WES always issues their ECA report based on your name as it appears on your academic records.

Name on an Evaluation:

A WES evaluation report is always issued under the name indicated on the academic record(s).

If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change for identity verification purposes (e.g. please submit clear and legible photocopies of a marriage certificate or other official document).
https://www.wes.org/apply/requiredpop.asp?ctry=119&section=1

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
What if there is a spelling/typo mistake in your ECA report and it does not appear as in your educational certificates :-X?

It has happened in my case too..there is an "i" missing in the end. I have sent an email to WES...but they take forever to reply!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
What if there is a spelling/typo mistake in your ECA report and it does not appear as in your educational certificates :-X?

It has happened in my case too..there is an "i" missing in the end. I have sent an email to WES...but they take forever to reply!
This can be safely covered with an LOE by pointing out the discrepancy even if WES doesn't reply for some reason.

rajkumarB

Jun 8, 2015
my education report shows Rajkumar B (As in Transcripts),WES Generated reports like B.(Balassubramanian),Rajkumar either it should be B.(Balasubramanian),Rajkumar or Rajkumar B,issue is they added 2 "S" in my last name. :)(Balassubramanian),Is there any way to reapply WES,please do let me know.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkumarB said:
my education report shows Rajkumar B (As in Transcripts),WES Generated reports like B.(Balassubramanian),Rajkumar either it should be B.(Balasubramanian),Rajkumar or Rajkumar B,issue is they added 2 "S" in my last name. :)(Balassubramanian),Is there any way to reapply WES,please do let me know.
Don't bother re-applying to WES. You can send them a mail pointing to this mistake and maybe they'll send you a rectified report. Else, upload the ECA along with your degree certificate, transcripts, mail sent to WES and any reply from their end with an LOE that highlights this discrepancy to the officer and politely request them to consider your application as complete. That would suffice.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Don't bother re-applying to WES. You can send them a mail pointing to this mistake and maybe they'll send you a rectified report. Else, upload the ECA along with your degree certificate, transcripts, mail sent to WES and any reply from their end with an LOE that highlights this discrepancy to the officer and politely request them to consider your application as complete. That would suffice.
Thank you Asivad!

Actually I didn't notice the error in my spelling until I read this thread.. :-[
And just like in Rajkumar's case they have expanded my initial and missed an alphabet there.

Now my application is already sent to Ontario for the OOPNP..so should I write them a mail or post them an LOE stating this issue..or should I wait for them to spot the error and ask me for an explanation. Problem is I am worried if my application will be rejected becoz of this..so I will neither get a PN nor my 1500 CAD back becoz of an error on WES's part !

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
Thank you Asivad!

Actually I didn't notice the error in my spelling until I read this thread.. :-[
And just like in Rajkumar's case they have expanded my initial and missed an alphabet there.

Now my application is already sent to Ontario for the OOPNP..so should I write them a mail or post them an LOE stating this issue..or should I wait for them to spot the error and ask me for an explanation. Problem is I am worried if my application will be rejected becoz of this..so I will neither get a PN nor my 1500 CAD back becoz of an error on WES's part !
It is a minor thing and I imagine it won't affect your application. OOPNP are unlikely to reject you on this basis.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
It is a minor thing and I imagine it won't affect your application. OOPNP are unlikely to reject you on this basis.
Thanks Asivad now I feel relieved!

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
rajkumarB said:
FYI: WES rectified their error..and have issued me a new ECA as per the the name on my passport and educational certificates.

They took about one week to check and issue the new ECA with my correct spelling on it.

sselim

Jul 30, 2015
Sita1987 said:

I had a similar case, if your name was written correctly on WES's application and they misspelled it on their evaluation report, they will correct it if you notified them by email. They might take some time to reply but eventually they will reply.
In my case, they replied after 3 days saying that they will review my evaluation, and in case of any discrepancies they will make the necessary corrections and the changes will be expedited as quickly as possible. 3 days later they notified me that the report has been completed and that I can download it through my account on WES's website.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
sselim said:
I had a similar case, if your name was written correctly on WES's application and they misspelled it on their evaluation report, they will correct it if you notified them by email. They might take some time to reply but eventually they will reply.
In my case, they replied after 3 days saying that they will review my evaluation, and in case of any discrepancies they will make the necessary corrections and the changes will be expedited as quickly as possible. 3 days later they notified me that the report has been completed and that I can download it through my account on WES's website.
Thanks for that info sselim. In fact that is what happened in my case too! And now I have got a corrected ECA report :)

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Guys ,

Please give me a supportive hug . I am also in same case . My last name is having two words . The printed only one word in the report . I sent them email same 3 days back . Waiting for their reply . This happened to my upgraded report . And they gave the upgraded report as standard none not specific to CIC . (The one specific to CIC will have a ECA# , whereas standard one have just the ref number). So now I have two issues - to get name corrected and get report specific to CIC .

My bachelor's report is absolutely fine . Just this upgraded one messed up.