+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re apply Visitor Visa

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Hello all,

I recently applied for the visit visa of my family including my parents and 15 year old brother in one application and my 23 year old sister in a separate application as she is not considered a dependent.
My parents' and brother's visa got approved.
However, my sister's application was refused due to the reasons of having strong family ties in Canada and not enough evidence that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay.

Now even though she is not considered a dependent child according to IRCC guidelines but according to out culture back home she is still living with my parents (dependent on them financially) and completing her Bachelors degree (Graduating June 2024). She is also working part time. I mentioned both of these things in her application as well.
She was also approved a US visit visa along with the rest of my family last year which was also mentioned in the application.

So my question is regarding her re application, that if I should re apply with an additional supporting letter explaining that despite of her age she is still dependent and that the rest of my family may not be able to leave her alone back home. Or if anything else could make her application stronger?

I also wanted to know if anyone else experienced a similar situation and if they were able to come up with a work around and the application was approved.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I recently applied for the visit visa of my family including my parents and 15 year old brother in one application and my 23 year old sister in a separate application as she is not considered a dependent.
My parents' and brother's visa got approved.
However, my sister's application was refused due to the reasons of having strong family ties in Canada and not enough evidence that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay.

Now even though she is not considered a dependent child according to IRCC guidelines but according to out culture back home she is still living with my parents (dependent on them financially) and completing her Bachelors degree (Graduating June 2024). She is also working part time. I mentioned both of these things in her application as well.
She was also approved a US visit visa along with the rest of my family last year which was also mentioned in the application.

So my question is regarding her re application, that if I should re apply with an additional supporting letter explaining that despite of her age she is still dependent and that the rest of my family may not be able to leave her alone back home. Or if anything else could make her application stronger?

I also wanted to know if anyone else experienced a similar situation and if they were able to come up with a work around and the application was approved.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!
Why can’t she be left alone? Is she unable to live on her own due to a disability? She is 23 so adding a letter about financial dependance is not going to change her profile. Her reasons were not finances. Her reasons are ties and not returning. Unfortunately she doesn’t have ties in home country if everyone is in Canada. Also she is single so mobile. Ties to return are school (paid tuition, registration), job (employment letter with approved leave), investments, business, property etc.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Has she actually visited US and returned? That could add to travel history.

Also, I agree with post above writing a letter saying she is financially dependent won't help much. Include more documents from her college to show that she needs to be back to finish her graduation.

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Has she has already visited the US twice and that was also included in her travel history.

I attached a letter from her University as well as her employer as proof of her ongoing education and employment. I also attached her transcript from university.

Would proof of paid university fees be more helpful or a letter from her university which specifically mentions that she needs to be back as she is graduating in 2024.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Has she has already visited the US twice and that was also included in her travel history.

I attached a letter from her University as well as her employer as proof of her ongoing education and employment. I also attached her transcript from university.

Would proof of paid university fees be more helpful or a letter from her university which specifically mentions that she needs to be back as she is graduating in 2024.
Not sure seems like you did attach the right documents but couldn't hurt to attach more and try again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Paid fees is better proof. Her biggest issue is no family ties which she cannot overcome so strengthening reason to return with your suggestions is all she can do.

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
And the reason why she has no family ties is because our parents as well as our brother already received a visa, I'm assuming?
Or is there no connection between the 2 separate applications?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And the reason why she has no family ties is because our parents as well as our brother already received a visa, I'm assuming?
Or is there no connection between the 2 separate applications?
She is over 22 so her strongest family ties would be a spouse and children. She is single so she doesn’t have strong ties. Brother is not considered immediate family so parents are her only tie, and they have approved TRV.