+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-apply for student Visa

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask and clarify something about student visa.
I'm an international student now here in Canada for 1 year only. They say I will get a post-grad work permit for another year after my program ends. I would like to ask after the end of my 1 year post-grad work permit, is it possible for me to re-apply again for another program/course to study? or another student visa?

Thank you very much

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Yes you can study again but you can not get another post grad work permit.
Hi bongoman, Thank you for your response!
Oh that's really sad :( Do you have an idea how about if my spouse who's in work permit with me will apply for the student visa, can she get the PGWP? it's like we will just swap our situation?
Thank you very much

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi bongoman, Thank you for your response!
Oh that's really sad :( Do you have an idea how about if my spouse who's in work permit with me will apply for the student visa, can she get the PGWP? it's like we will just swap our situation?
Thank you very much
Yes if she gradiates and meets requirements she can get PGWP. PGWP can only be obtained once per person.

Reactions: Mehran Ahmadzadeh
Dec 6, 2018
Yes if she gradiates and meets requirements she can get PGWP. PGWP can only be obtained once per person.
Hi Bongoman, I really need help on changing my post-secondary school. Can you please answer the following question?

I have recently received my student visa as an international student and my visa is under the process of attachment in my passport. My admission letter (4-year- study, undergraduate course) is for Winter 2019 however I have decided to change my university so that I will get admitted to the new school for Fall 2019 and meanwhile I am not going to travel to Canada until Fall 2019. Can I still change my DLI number while I have not entered Canada yet? And if so, will get the Study Permit easily without any problem?

Thanks a lot