+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP police clearance certificate or PR

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

Today i have received a letter from Immigration for my PR application, they are asking for "RCMP police clearance certificate: You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints."
Does any one have gone through this steps? I heard they do not ask for Canadian Police clearance for Protected person. Please suggest what to do now, as i tried to contract local police station and they said everything is closed due to COVID-19 situation. And immigration officer is asking me to provide it within 30 days of the dated letter, which is dated 21 April 2020.

Thanks in Advance.

Amys

Jul 2, 2017
Please follow the link provided to you in the letter and ask them to send you the list of centre call them and book and appointment

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I received the same letter and just done
Hey thanks you for ur kind replay. Well for COVID-19 everything is closed, but i managed to find one open and done my finger already. Do you know how long does it take to come to ur address the RCMP policer certificate?

Amys

Jul 2, 2017
My apology for not being clear in reply actually I mean police clearance takes 10 days and then PR which I have no clue but hoping we will get that in 4-6 weeks after CIC receive this

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hey thanks you for ur kind replay. Well for COVID-19 everything is closed, but i managed to find one open and done my finger already. Do you know how long does it take to come to ur address the RCMP policer certificate?
Hi, who did you find open for finger printing now?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
My apology for not being clear in reply actually I mean police clearance takes 10 days and then PR which I have no clue but hoping we will get that in 4-6 weeks after CIC receive this
hi,
So after police clearance, the next step will take 4-6 weeks, after that is done?

FAYYAD

Aug 3, 2019
hello
I make fingerprints when I enter Canada , I have to make it again when they ask for RCMP ?

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
hello
I make fingerprints when I enter Canada , I have to make it again when they ask for RCMP ?
Unfortunately yes if IRCC ask you to provide RCMP fingerprint police report. RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) and IRCC two different department. Good luck

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
hi,
So after police clearance, the next step will take 4-6 weeks, after that is done?
Absolutely no idea, As my PR case is in processing, IRCC always say most of the work is done at the end of the application process. SO no idea. Every case is different on their merit.