+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Police Certificate

StevenChang

Aug 25, 2009
This July, I got an e-mail from Buffalo that asked me to have a finger print Criminal check. My wife and I did it in local police station with traditional ink and mailed it to RCMP in Ottawa with my immigration file number and Buffalo address on the form in end of July.

In Sept., I got another letter from Buffalo that indicated they have completed the initial assessment of my application, and expect to finalize my application without a personal interview. The letter also indicated that in order to continued processing of my application, I need to have the 1.) medical examinations within 60 days ; and submit the documents indicated on the enclosed "document list" within 90 days from the days of the letter.

After checking the "documents lists", it asked me to submit original letters of "no record" or certificates of "good conduct" for the following family members from the countries indicated:
Principal Applicant: RCMP (Canada).

ONe thing that makes me confused here is I alreay did the fingerprint check and mailed it to RCMP Ottwa in July, why they asked me to submit the police certificate again? Is it a different police certificate?
Should I apply the RCMP fingerprint police certificate as I did in July again, but this time I need to get the original letter of results and mail it to Buffalo by myself?
or does this mean RPO Buffalo still not receive my finger-print results when writing the letter dated in Sept.? If so, what I should do?
Does anyone have similar situation?
Thanks!

StevenChang

Aug 25, 2009
Instead of waiting the results of traditional fingerpints (seems it will take a long time),
should I do the digital fingerprints this time and have them (e.g. commissionaries) mail the results to Buffalo again?
It seems it is faster than traditional way. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

thanks,