+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprints timelines

Dec 4, 2020
Thank you again, appreciate it.
Hey, would you mind sharing which office your file is at and which office requested FP if it's different? Also, could.you share the email/mailing address for IRCC which is on your instruction letter? You can post it here or DM me.
I am trying to build something so I can help others who are stuck with FP or need clarifications.

Reactions: halayqa

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Should we email ircc the proof of FP submission?
Some people mentioned scan and upload?
Follow the instructions on the letter. Depending on where you live, you will have to either go to a RCMP detachment or to an accredited fingerprinting agency to submit your fingerprints.

If you live in a small town/city which does not have its own police department, you can go to the RCMP detachment and get your fingerprints done free of cost. You can show them the letter and they can either send it directly to the address on the letter or to you and you can mail/e-mail it further.

If you live in a big city like Toronto or Calgary, etc which has its own police department, DO NOT go to them as they can't submit FP in to CCRTIS. You'll have to find an accredited fingerprinting agency like this: https://commissionaires.ca/en/services

Depending on what the instructions are in the letter, you can ask them to mail it to you or directly to IRCC.

Also, FP requests for all of western canada are handled by Vancouver and Central is Scarborough while east is Sydney. This is what I have concluded.

Btw, would you mind sharing what's the instruction on the letter for submission of results? Is there a mailing address or an email?

It's not necessary unless they have requested it.
Follow the instructions on the letter. Depending on where you live, you will have to either go to a RCMP detachment or to an accredited fingerprinting agency to submit your fingerprints.

If you live in a small town/city which does not have its own police department, you can go to the RCMP detachment and get your fingerprints done free of cost. You can show them the letter and they can either send it directly to the address on the letter or to you and you can mail/e-mail it further.

If you live in a big city like Toronto or Calgary, etc which has its own police department, DO NOT go to them as they can't submit FP in to CCRTIS. You'll have to find an accredited fingerprinting agency like this: https://commissionaires.ca/en/services

Depending on what the instructions are in the letter, you can ask them to mail it to you or directly to IRCC.

Also, FP requests for all of western canada are handled by Vancouver and Central is Scarborough while east is Sydney. This is what I have concluded.

Btw, would you mind sharing what's the instruction on the letter for submission of results? Is there a mailing address or an email?

That's the email I received requesting my son's (13 yrs old) fingerprint.
The agency told that for minors, RCMP has to mail it to me and I have to mail it to ircc after

This is in regards to your child’s application for Canadian citizenship.
You are receiving this letter because your child’s fingerprints are required to continue processing their application for Canadian citizenship.
After reviewing the biographical information on your child’s application form, there are questions in your child’s case with regards to sections 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the third page of this letter.
To proceed with their application, your child must have your fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.
Fingerprinting procedure

Fingerprints must be taken electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency. For a list of RCMP accredited digital fingerprinting agencies, please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp.
Please note:

• The RCMP will send the fingerprint results directly to you. Once you receive the results, forward them to this office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your child’s application.
  • Please contact the agency you are planning to visit to find out the current fee.
  • Bring the following information with you to get your child’s fingerprints taken:
    • this letter, so that your child’s citizenship file number and the address of the citizenship office requesting your fingerprints are noted on the fingerprint form;
    • your child’s proof of permanent resident status -Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);
    • your child’s Permanent Resident Card (if they have ever received one);
    • at least one other piece of valid identification that contains your child’s photo and signature (if they have one), and;
    • the appropriate fees.
  • Get your child’s fingerprints taken electronically (not by ink)
    • Ensure that your file reference number is included on the fingerprint form.
  • What happens next:
    • The agency sends the fingerprint form directly to the RCMP and advises the appropriate citizenship office that the fingerprints have been forwarded.
    • Once your child’s fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results will be sent to you. Forward the results you receive to the office address listed on this notice for the processing of your child’s application to resume.
    • Once your child’s file has been finalized, no copy of your child’s fingerprints is retained by either the RCMP or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1 of the Citizenship Act.
It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat your child’s application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not having your fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter. It is therefore very important that you contact the Department if you cannot have your child’s fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.
Thank you,
Citizenship Official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
SUITE 200 877 EXPO BLVD VANCOUVER BC V6B 8P8
Background Information

The Citizenship Regulations require that we verify that applicants are free of any prohibitions from a security and criminal standpoint.
Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your child’s citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website to review details about the circumstances which could prevent your child from becoming a Canadian citizen.
All applications for citizenship are sent for a search of criminal records, using the biographical information on the application form, to determine whether there may be cases which require further review with regard to the provisions of section 22 of the Citizenship Act.
In the case of a minor child, it must be determined if any criminal charges have been dealt with in adult court pursuant to section 117 of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned, therefore we request fingerprints to verify the applicant’s identity.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
The agency told that for minors, RCMP has to mail it to me and I have to mail it to ircc after

You are receiving this letter because your child’s fingerprints are required to continue processing their application for Canadian citizenship.
After reviewing the biographical information on your child’s application form, there are questions in your child’s case with regards to sections 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the third page of this letter.
To proceed with their application, your child must have your fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.
Fingerprinting procedure

Fingerprints must be taken electronically by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), local police, or an accredited private fingerprint agency. For a list of RCMP accredited digital fingerprinting agencies, please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp.
Please note:

The RCMP will send the fingerprint results directly to you. Once you receive the results, forward them to this office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your child’s application.
Please contact the agency you are planning to visit to find out the current fee.
Bring the following information with you to get your child’s fingerprints taken:
this letter, so that your child’s citizenship file number and the address of the citizenship office requesting your fingerprints are noted on the fingerprint form;
your child’s proof of permanent resident status -Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);
your child’s Permanent Resident Card (if they have ever received one);
at least one other piece of valid identification that contains your child’s photo and signature (if they have one), and;
the appropriate fees.
Get your child’s fingerprints taken electronically (not by ink)
Ensure that your file reference number is included on the fingerprint form.
What happens next:
The agency sends the fingerprint form directly to the RCMP and advises the appropriate citizenship office that the fingerprints have been forwarded.
Once your child’s fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results will be sent to you. Forward the results you receive to the office address listed on this notice for the processing of your child’s application to resume.
Once your child’s file has been finalized, no copy of your child’s fingerprints is retained by either the RCMP or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1 of the Citizenship Act.
It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat your child’s application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not having your fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter. It is therefore very important that you contact the Department if you cannot have your child’s fingerprints taken within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.
Thank you,
Background Information

The Citizenship Regulations require that we verify that applicants are free of any prohibitions from a security and criminal standpoint.
Section 22 of the Citizenship Act provides that a person cannot become a Canadian citizen in certain circumstances. These circumstances are based on when your child’s citizenship application was signed. Please visit our website to review details about the circumstances which could prevent your child from becoming a Canadian citizen.
All applications for citizenship are sent for a search of criminal records, using the biographical information on the application form, to determine whether there may be cases which require further review with regard to the provisions of section 22 of the Citizenship Act.
In the case of a minor child, it must be determined if any criminal charges have been dealt with in adult court pursuant to section 117 of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Where there is an indication that a criminal record may be involved, it is essential to ensure that there is no error in the identity of the applicant concerned, therefore we request fingerprints to verify the applicant’s identity.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Fingerprinting procedure

Please note:

The RCMP will send the fingerprint results directly to you. Once you receive the results, forward them to this office as soon as possible so that we can resume processing your child’s application.
Please contact the agency you are planning to visit to find out the current fee.
Bring the following information with you to get your child’s fingerprints taken:
this letter, so that your child’s citizenship file number and the address of the citizenship office requesting your fingerprints are noted on the fingerprint form;
your child’s proof of permanent resident status -Record of Landing (IMM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688);
your child’s Permanent Resident Card (if they have ever received one);
at least one other piece of valid identification that contains your child’s photo and signature (if they have one), and;
the appropriate fees.
Get your child’s fingerprints taken electronically (not by ink)
Ensure that your file reference number is included on the fingerprint form.
What happens next:
The agency sends the fingerprint form directly to the RCMP and advises the appropriate citizenship office that the fingerprints have been forwarded.
Once your child’s fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results will be sent to you. Forward the results you receive to the office address listed on this notice for the processing of your child’s application to resume.
Once your child’s file has been finalized, no copy of your child’s fingerprints is retained by either the RCMP or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Thank you,
Background Information

This is a standard template, there is no need to stress about it, honestly. Thanks for sharing.

So, it is very likely that someone else who has a similar name / DOB as your son might have already entered the criminal databases or already have a criminal record. IRCC simply wants to ensure that your son is not the same person in any of those criminal databases. This is one of the major reasons why adults get FP request as well.

Submit it ASAP and fingers crossed - Wish you all the very best!

jp301408

Jan 29, 2021
For anyone curious about timeline for RCMP fingerprint results - my fingerprints were processed the next day of submission and results were mailed same day through standard letter mail to my address(I had to pay separately to get a copy of results mailed directly to me). I am actually impressed.

So the full process takes just under a week but obviously for CIC to open the letter after it's delivered, add a few extra weeks or maybe months.
Would you please share when your fingerprints were submitted to the RCMP? Recently or last year

Dec 4, 2020
Would you please share when your fingerprints were submitted to the RCMP? Recently or last year
A few weeks ago. Are you requesting the results to yourself or directly to CIC? If requesting to yourself, give it 1-2 weeks, if being sent directly to IRCC - it will probably be delivered within a week or two but not updated as quick.

jp301408

Jan 29, 2021
A few weeks ago. Are you requesting the results to yourself or directly to CIC? If requesting to yourself, give it 1-2 weeks, if being sent directly to IRCC - it will probably be delivered within a week or two but not updated as quick.
I am requested for express entry and will be delivered to me. But some people says it is taking about 4 weeks to get it currently

Dec 4, 2020
I am requested for express entry and will be delivered to me. But some people says it is taking about 4 weeks to get it currently
Mine was delivered just around a week mark which took me by surprise too. Lol. If you do your FP at RCMP, it will be way faster than going through a Third party but if there's no detachment which serves your area, you don't have a choice but go to Third party.

I would say 4 weeks is probably the latest it would arrive so give it 1-2 weeks or maybe even 3.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Hello guys, just got my FP requested.
I find it strange that is asking me to send my FP to IRCC Vancouver 200 – 877 Expo Blvd. Vancouver, BC V6B 8P8

When I applied in sydney, is this normal?
Also, any fast acredited agency for FP? Lr should i do directly at the RCMP in toronto.

thank you.

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
For anyone curious about timeline for RCMP fingerprint results - my fingerprints were processed the next day of submission and results were mailed same day through standard letter mail to my address(I had to pay separately to get a copy of results mailed directly to me). I am actually impressed.

So the full process takes just under a week but obviously for CIC to open the letter after it's delivered, add a few extra weeks or maybe months.
Hello,

did you submit your fingerprints 21st june and you got it ??

Taj416

Jun 30, 2021
I received an email to do fingerprints yesterday and Fingerprints done at RCMP accredited digital fingerprint agency : July 2, 2021. Anyone knows how long will it take to process the fingerprints to CIC?

Taj416

Jun 30, 2021
Yes 3 of my friends received FP Request
Mentioning their average timelines
FP Request: Day 1
FP Done: Day 3
Emailed RCMP to ask status: Day 11
Emailed IRCC: Proof of FP Submitted (One you will receive after doing FP) to IRCC: Day 12
Received RCMP Reply that FP processed submitted to IRCC: Day 16
Email IRCC: Asking the status of Fingerprint received - Day 23
Emailed received from IRCC: FP Received - Day 27/Day 29/Day 34 respectively
Some called IRCC as well to ask on Day 40 - for reassurance.
All the best
what is the email address for RCMP?

bourney0

Aug 9, 2020
For the record, it took my wife's fingerprints 19 days to be registered as received on her application status dashboard after having them taken at the North Vancouver RCMP office.

halayqa

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Yes 3 of my friends received FP Request
Mentioning their average timelines
FP Request: Day 1
FP Done: Day 3
Emailed RCMP to ask status: Day 11
Emailed IRCC: Proof of FP Submitted (One you will receive after doing FP) to IRCC: Day 12
Received RCMP Reply that FP processed submitted to IRCC: Day 16
Email IRCC: Asking the status of Fingerprint received - Day 23
Emailed received from IRCC: FP Received - Day 27/Day 29/Day 34 respectively
Some called IRCC as well to ask on Day 40 - for reassurance.
All the best
What ircc email used to send the proof of submission along with status inquiry?