+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprints timelines

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Anybody took fingerprints abroad (thru an agency like Gambit ID)?

Did you send photos along with the documents?

IRCC said they did not receive photos (nowhere did they require it, but apparently the CRMP does take it if you get your fingerprints with them) and the agency told me, "well, they don't require photos and it is usually ok".

GASP

Reactions: Hypatia

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
I sent my request yesterday. the finger printing office said 3 business day for RCMP to check and another week for canada post to send this. Hopefully. Ill get this within 2 weeks
What documents did you need to take with you to the FP Office? Would a DL and Health Card be enough? I ask because my passport is expired and my PR Card will be expiring soon too

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
What documents did you need to take with you to the FP Office? Would a DL and Health Card be enough? I ask because my passport is expired and my PR Card will be expiring soon too
Not 100% sure but I think DL and Health Card should work as they are both government issued with signatures.

Owdtrev

Jul 9, 2020
I received request for fingerprints on 24 Feb. Sent 25th Feb.
2 part question
1. Do CIC inform you that they have processed the prints ?
2. I am hearing that fingerprints are the final step prior to exam. Is this True?

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
2. I am hearing that fingerprints are the final step prior to exam. Is this True?
Generally yes, it is the final step prior to the exam. However, if warranted, you may still receive an RQ.

If your application is straight-forward i.e., no excessive travelling, no criminal history, no frequent address changes etc. then you likely have nothing to worry about.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an outstanding charge(domestic, summary offence) and received FP request on March 8. I emailed the Vancouver office and was informed to proceed with having my FP done. I have requested the Crown to withdraw my charge but our meeting is on March 29 and my next court date is in late April. Should I do the FP now or wait till my charge is withdrawn? I have 90 days to submit the FP. I know this is more like a question to the immigration lawyer but any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received request for fingerprints on 24 Feb. Sent 25th Feb.
2 part question
1. Do CIC inform you that they have processed the prints ?
I received my fingerprint request after I passed the exam

Reactions: Paoloartois

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
It been 2 weeks since I submitted my FP by an agency, but still no updates for test. Do I need to contact IRCC or RCMP in order to confirm/ check if IRCC received FP?
Also what is the best way contact IRCC in this situation?
Thanks

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Folks, IRCC wrote me regarding my fingerprints: "[following up on your RCMP criminal check, we sent you a letter] requesting new fingerprints because the previous one was missing the photo/ photo was invalid".

What does this sound to you?

In their fingerprints request, there was no mention of photos, and the international agency I used (Gambit) itself had it said somewhere that the RCMP does not require photos either (and it has to be true because the RCMP produced the criminal check).
Interesting! I am currently outside Canada, and have received a request for FPs. Should I ask the accredited agency to take a photo? Or the fingerprinting services?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Interesting! I am currently outside Canada, and have received a request for FPs. Should I ask the accredited agency to take a photo? Or the fingerprinting services?
Frankly, I would say that if the agency does not require your photo, do not do business with them because they may not know what they are doing... or a taking a risk all on you.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
It been 2 weeks since I submitted my FP by an agency, but still no updates for test. Do I need to contact IRCC or RCMP in order to confirm/ check if IRCC received FP?
Also what is the best way contact IRCC in this situation?
Thanks
Tests are very slow right now, it seems. You can always ask or webform them requesting confirmation that they received the FP. Actually, it is good if you do it... to be on the safe side.