+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprints timelines

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone ,

i have a question. I had requested a finger print October 2021 and I received from rcmp and then I sent it to immigration office .

Today they back to me saying
Those are not acceptable and we require the original version documents with the “Application type : Canadian Citizenship” as it is the only acceptable document.

Can someone please advice me ?

thanks

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
Hello Everyone ,

i have a question. I had requested a finger print October 2021 and I received from rcmp and then I sent it to immigration office .

Today they back to me saying
Those are not acceptable and we require the original version documents with the “Application type : Canadian Citizenship” as it is the only acceptable document.

Can someone please advice me ?

thanks
Were you asked for FP submission by IRCC?

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
I saw an update on my online portal that FP is requested on 11th April, however I have not received any email from them yet, but I have received the test invite already.

Shall I wait for the email to come for the FP before proceeding for the FP or shall I go ahead with the FP meanwhile ? The fingerprint agency is asking me to give them a copy of the letter so they can send the results directly to CIC.

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
I saw an update on my online portal that FP is requested on 11th April, however I have not received any email from them yet, but I have received the test invite already.

Shall I wait for the email to come for the FP before proceeding for the FP or shall I go ahead with the FP meanwhile ? The fingerprint agency is asking me to give them a copy of the letter so they can send the results directly to CIC.
Yes u have to wait for FP email.

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you asked for FP submission by IRCC?
well, I submitted by one of the agency and I did receive the fingerprint from RCMP 4 months ago … today the immigration officer send to me message says that not the original one !!!!

i don’t know how come ?????

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
well, I submitted by one of the agency and I did receive the fingerprint from RCMP 4 months ago … today the immigration officer send to me message says that not the original one !!!!

on the Certificate, must have your number application as they request “Ensure that your file reference number is included on the fingerprint form.”

Reactions: DEEP2022

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022

Yes you have to wait for the FP email from IRCC to come, You will take that with you while going for FP submission. Check you spam mail folder. If its not there call IRCC.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015

I saw the FP request on Tracker on 15March and on 16th march received the email, but in the Promotions tab in Gmail and not Inbox / Primary .. LOL ...
Search there as well and Junk / Spam too.

You do need FP request letter from the email.

Yanvual

Mar 11, 2022

Did the fingerprints agent includes the type of application? You must have Canadian Citizenship. Not employment or even immigration.
Call the fingerprints agency and verify with them the type and ask for a copy of the receipt

Last edited:

Yanvual

Mar 11, 2022
on the Certificate, must have your number application as they request “Ensure that your file reference number is included on the fingerprint form.”
Mine don’t have the reference number neither. But I sent with RCMP report a letter with the IUC and file number. I hope it will be good.

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello

Please I want to know how much it will cost to do the fingers print in Toronto for citizenship application and how many time it will take to be finished , after fingers print finished it is mandatory that RCMP send the document , or the applicant can send by himself.

Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello

Please I want to know how much it will cost to do the fingers print in Toronto for citizenship application and how many time it will take to be finished , after fingers print finished it is mandatory that RCMP send the document , or the applicant can send by himself.

Thanks
About $60 around 3-4 weeks once you submit fingerprints
RCMP send the results to IRCC directly

Reactions: DODGE1981

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hello , I am a Citizenship applicant , IRCC has asked for the second time my FP , and my background verification was completed and I was DM but now my background verification returned in progress , i think first FP was expired because it is passed more than 1 year on it, my question is the second request for my FP is an indication that my application is going through or it is just normal because first FP was expired

Thanks

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022

Fingerprint results: Received

New update

We received your fingerprint information on April 27, 2022 and will review them shortly. Thank you!

Reactions: abbas.pasha