+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP fingerprint question

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
I received the RPRF fee email on 15th May and received another email today to complete RCMP fingerprints but an email for my husband to complete the fingerprint was not received. Does this mean they only require my fingerprints?

Does everyone receive fingerprint email or is this randomly requested of some individuals? I dont know if the police station will allow both of us to take the fingerprint as the request is only addressed to me.

How long does it take to receive the fingerprint in the email? anyone with this information - please post your experience.

navi0420

Star Member
May 2, 2014
canadahelp7 said:
I received the RPRF fee email on 15th May and received another email today to complete RCMP fingerprints but an email for my husband to complete the fingerprint was not received. Does this mean they only require my fingerprints?

Does everyone receive fingerprint email or is this randomly requested of some individuals? I dont know if the police station will allow both of us to take the fingerprint as the request is only addressed to me.

How long does it take to receive the fingerprint in the email? anyone with this information - please post your experience.
they dont email about pcc. you should have done it before applying and should have attached it with the application as it is a requirement. if you haven'd done it for your husband, do it and send both together.

trevor17

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 14,2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP May15, 2014
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
January 2,2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
June 13,2014
Med's Request
January 2,2014
Med's Done....
January 13,2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 24
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Already in canada
canadahelp7 said:

share your timeline so that we can give u more advise

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Thank you navi0420. I submitted PCC for all countries except Canada as I was not aware we had to keep this along with the application. Does every PR applicant receive a RCMP fingerprint request if applied inland?

Trevor, my timeline is below
Application received 8 November 2013
AOR and medical 14 January 2014
Medical completed 4 February 2014
RPRF fee 15 may 2014
Fingerprint email 26 may 2014

navi0420

Star Member
May 2, 2014
canadahelp7 said:
Thank you navi0420. I submitted PCC for all countries except Canada as I was not aware we had to keep this along with the application. Does every PR applicant receive a RCMP fingerprint request if applied inland?

Trevor, my timeline is below
Application received 8 November 2013
AOR and medical 14 January 2014
Medical completed 4 February 2014
RPRF fee 15 may 2014
Fingerprint email 26 may 2014
it is a requirement, if you dont submit it at the beginning, they will ask for it later and you waste a lot of time and your application takes more time, and thats what you dont want. so just get it done and send it asap. one more thing, do not go to RCMP office and dont do the paper one that takes upto 4-5 months, go for digital one, you will get the result in 7 days.

trevor17

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 14,2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP May15, 2014
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
January 2,2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
June 13,2014
Med's Request
January 2,2014
Med's Done....
January 13,2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 24
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Already in canada
go to commissionaires they will do electronic fingerprints and within one week u will get ur clearance certificate ..... if u u are not criminal .... never mind i think you are not .. just kidding lol

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
navi0420 said:
it is a requirement, if you dont submit it at the beginning, they will ask for it later and you waste a lot of time and your application takes more time, and thats what you dont want. so just get it done and send it asap. one more thing, do not go to RCMP office and dont do the paper one that takes upto 4-5 months, go for digital one, you will get the result in 7 days.
Thank you, yes I will keep that in mind. When you go to the police station, do they ask you for a letter from CIC asking to get the fingerprint done? The reason I ask is because I have the email but not my husband so was wondering if we can both walk in and complete the necessary process.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
trevor17 said:
go to commissionaires they will do electronic fingerprints and within one week u will get ur clearance certificate ..... if u u are not criminal .... never mind i think you are not .. just kidding lol
Thank you - good to know it is only one week to obtain the result.

navi0420

Star Member
May 2, 2014
canadahelp7 said:
Thank you, yes I will keep that in mind. When you go to the police station, do they ask you for a letter from CIC asking to get the fingerprint done? The reason I ask is because I have the email but not my husband so was wondering if we can both walk in and complete the necessary process.
Its not one week if you get it done at tge police station, its just for digital one. You don't need any letter to get these done, just go there and tell them you need this for immigration purpose.

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
canadahelp7 said:
I ask is because I have the email but not my husband so was wondering if we can both walk in and complete the necessary process.
If your husband has not been requested to submit finger prints then he does not have too. Finger prints are only requested if you share the same or similar name and are of similar age as someone who has a RCMP criminal record. To ensue you're not that person

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
navi0420 said:
Its not one week if you get it done at tge police station, its just for digital one. You don't need any letter to get these done, just go there and tell them you need this for immigration purpose.
[/quote

Thank you navi. does the police station charge you for fingerprints if it is for immigration? curious to know although I went with the commissioners office today.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
tee1 said:
If your husband has not been requested to submit finger prints then he does not have too. Finger prints are only requested if you share the same or similar name and are of similar age as someone who has a RCMP criminal record. To ensue you're not that person
good to know that tee, i got it done only for me!

Adi7

Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Sept 26,2014
hi Guys.

I also received the RCMP fingerprint request on May 16. I got my RCMP certificate yesterday and sent it to CIO Sydney.

I am going to send email to CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca next week to confirm my document is received in Sydney Nova Scotia office.

Does anyone know how many days after CIO reply to your emails.

Thanks