+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Fingerprint Criminal check

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Hi There,

Does anyone know how long it takes for RCMP to complete a fingerprint background check? I went with my wife couple of weeks ago and submitted our fingerprints at a fingerprint company in Alberta but don't know when will i get the response.

Would i get the letter in my mail or will RCMP send it directly to the IRCC?

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hi There,

Does anyone know how long it takes for RCMP to complete a fingerprint background check? I went with my wife couple of weeks ago and submitted our fingerprints at a fingerprint company in Alberta but don't know when will i get the response.

Would i get the letter in my mail or will RCMP send it directly to the IRCC?
you will receive the report by mail at home address soon if you are clean.

Reactions: MABZ

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Sharing this update if it is helpful for anyone. I had my fingerprints taken on 20-Mar-2020, when i followed up with RCMP they told me that they sent the results directly to Sydney's office and they cannot send me another copy, if i need another copy i have to re-apply. Today i sent a web-form question to IRCC asking them if they have received it or if i have to re-apply and get the results directly to my address and upload them myself.

so my piece of advice is to make sure you put your own address when completing the fingerprints application, so you receive the documents and upload them yourself.

Reactions: NewDestination

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Sharing this update if it is helpful for anyone. I had my fingerprints taken on 20-Mar-2020, when i followed up with RCMP they told me that they sent the results directly to Sydney's office and they cannot send me another copy, if i need another copy i have to re-apply. Today i sent a web-form question to IRCC asking them if they have received it or if i have to re-apply and get the results directly to my address and upload them myself.

so my piece of advice is to make sure you put your own address when completing the fingerprints application, so you receive the documents and upload them yourself.
Thanks for your advice :)

Hehree

Feb 8, 2020
Hi, sorry to intrude. But can you reference why you need to submit your fingerprints to the RCMP? I went to submit my biometric on March 2 at Service Canada, but I also need to go to the RCMP?

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Hi, sorry to intrude. But can you reference why you need to submit your fingerprints to the RCMP? I went to submit my biometric on March 2 at Service Canada, but I also need to go to the RCMP?
Did you get the request letter from cic telling you to get the RCMP? Many people say it is because of the same names or sth when they run automatically criminal check but i am not sure.

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Indeed I have received a letter from IRCC asking for an RCMP background check based on fingerprint. didn't really question why they needed it, just went ahead and did my fingerprint check at a third party office.

MABZ

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Just an update, I got a reply from IRCC on my web form enquiry. They've received the results of my RCMP background check and it was forwarded to the case officer. The online system still shows that I have to upload a document in the RCMP field. I hope it is only a matter of backlog clearing before they upload my documents. By the way, the fingerprints company are closed in Alberta due to COVID-19

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Just an update, I got a reply from IRCC on my web form enquiry. They've received the results of my RCMP background check and it was forwarded to the case officer. The online system still shows that I have to upload a document in the RCMP field. I hope it is only a matter of backlog clearing before they upload my documents. By the way, the fingerprints company are closed in Alberta due to COVID-19
I'm in Alberta too. I just requested for an appointment for fingerprints for criminal record, currently in Edmonton.

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Congrats :). Here in Ontario some companies still open but basing on appointments. They open only one day per week to handle all the appointments within the week.

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
I did the same thing. Couldn't find any location currently operating in downtown so I had to broaden my search and then I found a place in Mississauga.
Yeah. That is good u found one place in Mississauga. If not, u can drive to Barrie. They open on Tuesdays every week. I just received my report today :)