+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Upload Help!!

Rimon2017

Aug 13, 2017
Yes CIC showed that ditional documents you provided have been uploaded.
I uploaded the the RCMP and signed and then submitted. The status shows "Submitted". However, the background cheack status is still: " We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

How long does it take?

navnakur

Jan 28, 2020
Hi guys, so i have been requested to submit a RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprint for my Express Entry application. I had a few questions regarding the upload process. During Upload, CIC asks for the following fields to be filled:

1) Document Name
2) Document Number
3) Country of Issue
4) Issue Date:
5) Expiry Date:

Question 1: Now, the RCMP document has two 20 digit numbers: 'DOCID' and 'DCN'. Which is the 'Document Number' that I should enter for CIC?

Question 2: Also, what would be the Expiry Date? The RCMP document doesn't state an expiry date.

Thank you very much for your help!! :)
Hi guys, so i have been requested to submit a RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprint for my Express Entry application. I had a few questions regarding the upload process. During Upload, CIC asks for the following fields to be filled:

1) Document Name
2) Document Number
3) Country of Issue
4) Issue Date:
5) Expiry Date:

Question 1: Now, the RCMP document has two 20 digit numbers: 'DOCID' and 'DCN'. Which is the 'Document Number' that I should enter for CIC?

Question 2: Also, what would be the Expiry Date? The RCMP document doesn't state an expiry date.

can i know which number should i update on my cic account

Reactions: Hampton

thesingh

Dec 8, 2020

1) Document Name
2) Document Number
3) Country of Issue
4) Issue Date:
5) Expiry Date:

Question 1:
Now, the RCMP document has two 20 digit numbers: 'DOCID' and 'DCN'. Which is the 'Document Number' that I should enter for CIC?

Question 2:
Also, what would be the Expiry Date? The RCMP document doesn't state an expiry date.

Do this:
1. Please use the DCN as the document number requested by IRCC.
2. I'd read that people put 6 months so did I. (there is no expiry)

In the system, you have to upload the scan copy of the report anyway, so they'll have access to it.

Hope this helped!

Following is the response from Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services.

Good day,

Regarding your first question for the expiry date of the report,

Please be advised that our embossed certified product does not have an expiration date, however, the agency requesting the document may decide to only accept documents within a certain time frame. The period of VALIDITY depends on the agency requesting the certified criminal record check.

Each agency has its own procedures, requirements and rules. You must contact the requesting agency for more information.

Regarding your second question for the document number,

Please use the DCN as the document number requested by IRCC.

Civil Fingerprints Screening Services (CFSS) processes more than 55,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individual’s fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP.

For those that are associated to a criminal holding (this would also include any non-conviction information), a manual review must take place and the process can take up to 120 business days from the date that the application was received. If no correspondence is established, processing times are 1 to 3 business days. The results are sent by regular mail through Canada Post to the address provided on file. An additional period of 5 to 10 business days must be taken into consideration for the receipt of the product if your address is located within Canada. If the document is returned to us by mail, and we have your contact information on file, we will contact you to let you know.

For further information on processing times, please visit our website:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-checks

NOTE: Once the request is completed, the RCMP is not authorized to keep civil (non-criminal) fingerprints or copies of the certified results on file. If you have not received your document, have misplaced it or you require another certified document, you will need to re-apply.

Thank You,

Single Point of Contact Agent of CCRTIS

Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services

RCMP - Forensic Science and Identification Service

Civil Fingerprint Screening Services

Phone: (613) 998-6362

Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (Eastern Daylight Savings Time)

Email: CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

SB